Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Time the club stopped taking loyal fans for mugs! '

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:41 pm

' Time the club stopped taking loyal fans for mugs! '

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/08/2 ... -for-mugs/? :thumbright:

By Steve Guy(Troobloo)

Cardiff City FC

Everyone on here knows I'm a genuine supporter home and away ,and I dislike negative posts on here .
But enough is enough ,we are being treated like mushrooms ! Kept in the dark and fed shit .

Dalman ,choo, tan, and who ever else are in charge of OUR club must come clean if they want continuing support from our
Fans.
No more ,saying we are going to give our manager support ,as we are aiming for promotion
No more , saying the play offs are our minimum aim .

Just give us the truth .

If that truth is , due to finances , we will only be aiming for survival in the championship,so be it.

Gives us the truth on our finances ,if we still need to reduce costs to stay within ffp rules ,then tell us ,tell us how much more we need to cut wages etc.

Give us the plans and time scales for us to be challenging again ,if we are treated as much needed/ wanted fans ,I'm sure we would except the situation and come together in support ,but we MUST not be lied to any more.

We must not be taken for MUGS !

Rant over I hope this thread can be seen as positive rather than a negative !!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
See you at Norwich becouse no matter what they do to my club I will allways be there as long as I'm breathing

Re: Time the club stopped taking loyal fans for mugs!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:42 pm

I agree with you with regards to the management keeping the fans up to date with what's going on but you're very niave to think they would come out and state survival is our aim at he beginning of the season.
It's their business and saying things like that would have effected season ticket sales hugely etc.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:05 pm

[quote="OriginalGrangeEndBlue"]I agree with you with regards to the management keeping the fans up to date with what's going on but you're very niave to think they would come out and state survival is our aim at he beginning of the season.
It's their business and saying things like that would have effected season ticket sales hugely etc.[/quote

Agree but season ticket sales are over now and the silence from the owner and those in charge of running the club is deafening.

Even if they explained in full how their hands are being tied by FFP rules (if that actually is the case) or gave some, indeed any indication of future plans for the club it would be something.

As "customers" of the "business", it seems we are to be viewed as any other customer would be - if you don't like our product then don't buy it.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:20 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I agree with you with regards to the management keeping the fans up to date with what's going on but you're very niave to think they would come out and state survival is our aim at he beginning of the season.
It's their business and saying things like that would have effected season ticket sales hugely etc.

it's a dilemma, but the current PR can be considered to be storing up even more resentment by not being more transparent

Re: ' Time the club stopped taking loyal fans for mugs! '

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:33 pm

It's a difficult one this but IMO I agree and the people at the club would gain far more respect by telling fans the truth. It's obvious we aren't aiming for promotion - we've sold 2 of our best players IMO so that certainly doesn't make a statement of ambition. I'm Cardiff city through and through , thick and thin and Yes I want us to do well and aim as high as poss but if reality is that we are going to have a relegation fight or even aiming for league 1, then so be it but just tell us the truth and we will always be there no matter what - what annoys fans is deception and this is IMO what also looses fans. I love Cardiff city and along with many other fans have spent thousands supporting them over the years home and away etc and it isn't the fans fault if the finances are all over the place and we deserve some kind of communication as to what's going on because at the start of the season this is what we imagined would happen after savings last season - new manager, quality added to the squad (I'm not saying spend millions), aiming for a top six finish etc the reality seems to be very different! I'm not saying that the club have said this but I'm presuming that's what most fans thought? :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:38 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:It's a difficult one this but IMO I agree and the people at the club would gain far more respect by telling fans the truth. It's obvious we aren't aiming for promotion - we've sold 2 of our best players IMO so that certainly doesn't make a statement of ambition. I'm Cardiff city through and through , thick and thin and Yes I want us to do well and aim as high as poss but if reality is that we are going to have a relegation fight or even aiming for league 1, then so be it but just tell us the truth and we will always be there no matter what - what annoys fans is deception and this is IMO what also looses fans. I love Cardiff city and along with many other fans have spent thousands supporting them over the years home and away etc and it isn't the fans fault if the finances are all over the place and we deserve some kind of communication as to what's going on because at the start of the season this is what we imagined would happen after savings last season - new manager, quality added to the squad (I'm not saying spend millions), aiming for a top six finish etc the reality seems to be very different! I'm not saying that the club have said this but I'm presuming that's what most fans thought? :bluescarf:

Very good reply :thumbup:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:40 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:It's a difficult one this but IMO I agree and the people at the club would gain far more respect by telling fans the truth. It's obvious we aren't aiming for promotion - we've sold 2 of our best players IMO so that certainly doesn't make a statement of ambition. I'm Cardiff city through and through , thick and thin and Yes I want us to do well and aim as high as poss but if reality is that we are going to have a relegation fight or even aiming for league 1, then so be it but just tell us the truth and we will always be there no matter what - what annoys fans is deception and this is IMO what also looses fans. I love Cardiff city and along with many other fans have spent thousands supporting them over the years home and away etc and it isn't the fans fault if the finances are all over the place and we deserve some kind of communication as to what's going on because at the start of the season this is what we imagined would happen after savings last season - new manager, quality added to the squad (I'm not saying spend millions), aiming for a top six finish etc the reality seems to be very different! I'm not saying that the club have said this but I'm presuming that's what most fans thought? :bluescarf:

I think you'll find that in the bullshit letter sent by the club begging us to renew our season tickets it was pointed out how the club were commited to aiming for at least a play-off place this season when everything they've done before and after has pointed to the exact opposite.

Maybe Tan would argue that it is the fans fault that the finances are all over the place - if the fans had accepted the :tandragon: Tan would have continued to invest in the squad! :roll:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:41 pm

In short Tan will try and recoup every last penny he can get before he sells. Parachute payments and selling everything he can. His revenge for us turning on him over the rebrand. It will be music to my ears the day I hear he has sold us or given us away for a quid.
The worst owner we have ever had and my god we have had one after another. The only signings we would get is the cheap options at most. Maybe keeping us up is a priority as the club would be more valuable.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Got to agree with the OP, not got an issue with putting our house in order and to be honest a few years of struggling on the pitch won't do any harm, I read a lot of posts and it's clear a lot of fans have become very spoilt over the years. A few years of mediocre bare in mind we were still in the hunt for play offs until end of season, and they jump up and down having a tantrum.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Do fans really need for the club have to tell them their aim? Have a look and have a think for yourself and make your own opinion ffs.
Some fans crying and having a go at the club because someone said the aim is promotion and at the moment we dont look like promotion candidates.
Would the same moaners be having a go if the club made a statement at the start of the season saying consolidation is our aim then the team gets into the top 6?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:27 pm

Steve aka Troobloo

Our Fans deserve Respect and the Truth, without fans theres No point there being a Football Club :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Steve aka Troobloo

Our Fans deserve Respect and the Truth, without fans theres No point there being a Football Club :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Annis i think you and a few others are making a drama out of hardly anything. Can't you just make your own opinion on whether the team is promotion material or not regardless what the club says its aim is?
If Choo or whoever came out saying the club will be happy to consolidate this season but we get into the play offs will you moan because the club didnt tell the truth :lol:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:

Annis i think you and a few others are making a drama out of hardly anything. Can't you just make your own opinion on whether the team is promotion material or not regardless what the club says its aim is?
If Choo or whoever came out saying the club will be happy to consolidate this season but we get into the play offs will you moan because the club didnt tell the truth :lol:

total bs, it would be a pleasant surprise to overachieve, it's called playing it down

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:43 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

total bs, it would be a pleasant surprise to overachieve, it's called playing it down

Hello Stalker your back :wave:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Hello Stalker your back :wave:

oh, such a sensitive wallflower :roll: I didn't realise you had a special privilege that I'm not allowed to call out bs

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:

Thats your opinion Jinx, but the truth is Tan has now run our club for 7 years and sadly the truth is its now f***ed and its fan base smashed to pieces.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Thats your opinion Jinx, but the truth is Tan has now run our club for 7 years and sadly the truth is its now fucked and its fan base smashed to pieces.

Tan has run the club for years he messed up big time i agree. The sad truth is that the vast amount of the fan base dont care what Tan did but only care where we are in the league. If we are top 2 end of season or were promoted last year the stadium would be packed to the rafters regardless of what Tan has done.
All im saying is whatever the club says its ambition is i do as i have always done and take it with a pinch of salt and just make my own opinion of what i think the team will do.. :thumbright:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 pm

The club are bullshitting us all ends up
I remember Choo telling us about how ambitious the club were and had turned down a bid for Marshall to prove it
Everything the club has come out with is lies just to get our money
We need transperancy in the club
The crowds will continue to dwindle this season because the team plays with no direction
We have known for months that we needed a proven experienced striker
Where is he ?
Zarhore and Freddie are not experienced enough
They just aswell play Healey as them two
There's an old saying that you need to speculate to accumulate
We either needed a marquee signing or an exciting manager which we could have done without breaking go
Tan needs to sell up or sort the club out because as it stands we are in a mess with no direction
A statement needs to be made so we all know what's going on and most important what about the future

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:29 pm

It doesn't really matter who you believe or what you think, the facts are simple, Tan is getting as much in as possible and probably hiding it (or using it for his own means) all around the financial excuse for wages.

The club has no interest in the fans (that's my view).

The club uses certain fans (that's my view) but nothing new with our owners!

Old school have basically had enough (or a large proportion of)

This argument about plastics and true supporters, what nonsense, those days are long gone in the current climate for jobs and families - the lucky few can afford regular attendance with no worries.

There are 10k season tickets, yet 4k decide not to attend, so what, the club got their money up front!

The club are looking at financial stability apparently, well that maybe so but based upon Championship football, the way we are going and the players we are seeing, they may have to re-do their financial strategy after xmas if we are nose-diving to division 1!

I don't like Tan (nothing to do with rebrand but how he treats people), I don't trust Choo or any Board level employee at present, they are playing some people (even on here) like an orchestra.

The only way we are going to see bodies increasing in our stadium is by positive results, maybe that will come soon, but I've a feeling if we were doing well and getting 20k+, the additional monies wouldn't make life any easier for Trollope - he wouldn't see a penny!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:16 pm

That's right let's announce to the world that we haven't got a pot to p!ss in, that'll help us attract any player Trollope is trying to recruit given his obviously limited budget! :roll:

For all those posters in this thread and the many other threads on this message board, that believe Tan is in the process of asset stripping the club, can you try and explain why we've brought in 6 players in Pre-Season, including Lex Immers, Jazz Richards and Emyr Huws, why we've given players like Ralls and O'Keefe new long term contracts, why we've just brought in Joe Bennett on a 3 year deal from Aston Villa and signed Ben Amos on a season long loan, cos those players recently recruited will cost a fair bit of money, on top of our already ridiculously high wage bill at Championship level?

It's only a few short weeks since we came out of a transfer embargo for spending frivolously and virtually the only position where we are short of viable options, is in the striking department, where quality players costs far more than any other position and are notably more difficult to recruit as well!

We all know we have a lot of players who aren't in Trollope's current plans on high wages, who have been draining our budget for the past 2 or 3 seasons and prior to his stewardship! Even so, our fans still stick their noses up when the likes of Kyle Lafferty, who is clearly a far better option than we have at the club presently, are linked to join us!

It doesn't matter whether Tan is responsible for our current predicament or not and nobody thinks he wasn't a fool for changing our colour and badge, but it's quite clear now, he realises he was unwise at best to dig into his wallet so deeply, to finance Malky's & OGS's wishlist and the club has to be run far more frugally than we were under the Malky & OGS era!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:58 pm

Overthemoon wrote:That's right let's announce to the world that we haven't got a pot to p!ss in, that'll help us attract any player Trollope is trying to recruit given his obviously limited budget! :roll:

For all those posters in this thread and the many other threads on this message board, that believe Tan is in the process of asset stripping the club, can you try and explain why we've brought in 6 players in Pre-Season, including Lex Immers, Jazz Richards and Emyr Huws, why we've given players like Ralls and O'Keefe new long term contracts, why we've just brought in Joe Bennett on a 3 year deal from Aston Villa and signed Ben Amos on a season long loan, cos those players recently recruited will cost a fair bit of money, on top of our already ridiculously high wage bill at Championship level?

It's only a few short weeks since we came out of a transfer embargo for spending frivolously and virtually the only position where we are short of viable options, is in the striking department, where quality players costs far more than any other position and are notably more difficult to recruit as well!

We all know we have a lot of players who aren't in Trollope's current plans on high wages, who have been draining our budget for the past 2 or 3 seasons and prior to his stewardship! Even so, our fans still stick their noses up when the likes of Kyle Lafferty, who is clearly a far better option than we have at the club presently, are linked to join us!

It doesn't matter whether Tan is responsible for our current predicament or not and nobody thinks he wasn't a fool for changing our colour and badge, but it's quite clear now, he realises he was unwise at best to dig into his wallet so deeply, to finance Malky's & OGS's wishlist and the club has to be run far more frugally than we were under the Malky & OGS era!

Great post, just about sums up my own thoughts on the Club currently. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:15 am

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/08/2 ... -for-mugs/? :thumbright: :thumbright: