Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Team for Norwich/The season

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 pm

I'd stick with the same formation as that what the players having been learning since Trollope came in.
3-5-2
Goalkeeper / Ben Wilson / Now we have sold Marshall we're left with 2 Goalkeepers in the senior team. I think we should take the gamble on him as our number 1. He's young, highly rated by the backroom staff and will be relishing the opportunity to fill Marshy's big boots. No point playing a loan signing when he'll most likely go back to his next season.
Centre Backs / Manga / Connelly / Morrison or Pelts / Don't have to explain why they're starters.
Right Wing Back / Kadeem Harris / Got pace and wants to attack also is learning the defensive part of this position well, he showed in the last game he can play it and should definitely starting next game.
Left Wing Back / Declan John / Started the season well and he's Welsh what more can we ask for :lol:
Defensive Midfielder / Stuart O'keefe / When he's back from his injury he's an important player for us. His work rate is second to none, puts his all into tackles and likes to get the ball forward.
Central Midfielder / Emyr Huws / Don't know too much about but from what I've seen of him playing for Wales he's an attacking player who likes to move to ball around in fast manner something we need.
Central (Attacking) Midfielder / Lex Immers / Again don't need to explain, came in last season and was a bright spark, a every attacking player who will get us goal either scoring or assisting.
Right Striker / Adam Le Fondre / Had a bad start when he first came in and doesn't look the same as he once was BUT he is a natural goal scorer, something we really need. If we can get the right supply to him (Which I think we can with Immers) then he will get goals. No point keeping him on the sidelines when we haven't got anything better in the starting team.
Left Striker / Anthony Pilkington / Not a natural striker but has a great shot on him, If only he had an extra yard or 2 of pace he would be our answer to our striking problems. Him and Le Fondre partnering each other could be like Chops and Bothroyd again (Wishful thinking) But I feel they would suit each others style of play greatly.

What would you team be? and why? With out investment I feel this is our best shot at a decent season, with players like Whittingham, Ralls, Noone... all fight for a place and good subs. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Re: Team for Norwich/The season

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Harsh on Whitts who has been 1 of our better players in this formation.

John and Harris but start at full back when fit, missed Johns energy yesterday.

Immers doesn't look the same player as last season, if he's injured then let him recover

Re: Team for Norwich/The season

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:25 pm

GK - Wilson
RWB - Harris
CB - Manga / Morrison / Connolly
LWB - Declan John or Joe Bennett
CM - Whitts / Gunnar
CAM - Immers
ST - Pilks / Le Fondre