Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR SO CALLED TRANSFER COMMITEE

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:55 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but this renowned transfer committee was formed when Slade was appointed..and consists of people who know sweet fa about football.

So far they have agreed on and signed such potential superstars as Revell..Malone..Fred and Zahore their foray into the loan market came up with Ameobi.

Their latest brainwave was to replace the best goalkeeper in the championship and a decent understudy with a loanee from Div 1.

This COMMITEE is a complete and utter disaster or am I being too harsh??

Re: OUR SO CALLED TRANSFER COMMITEE

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:00 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but this renowned transfer committee was formed when Slade was appointed..and consists of people who know sweet fa about football.

So far they have agreed on and signed such potential superstars as Revell..Malone..Fred and Zahore their foray into the loan market came up with Ameobi.

Their latest brainwave was to replace the best goalkeeper in the championship and a decent understudy with a loanee from Div 1.

Immers, Richards, Joe Bennett are decent signings tho ?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:15 pm

They obviously have the knowledge and brain power of a pee :bluebird:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but this renowned transfer committee was formed when Slade was appointed..and consists of people who know sweet fa about football.

Immers possibly...Richards not so far..and who knows about Bennett?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:25 pm

I have wondered how the clubs scouting network works now, do the reports go to Trollope and he puts them before the committee or does the committee receive them and go through them with Trollope.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:25 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Peltier good signing imo. But as a whole I agree with the op. There's no football knowledge at all in our board their a joke

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:50 pm

nubbsy wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Peltier good signing imo. But as a whole I agree with the op. There's no football knowledge at all in our board their a joke

Hasn't dalman been involved in football for years in some capacity?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes he has

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes he has

Surely he knows what's what when it comes to players ? Wouldn't be surprised it's him who is over seeing selling and buying of players , after all he does have financial expertise in football terms?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:18 pm

The comity was formed after relegation to prevent another Cornelius incident. You have to include OGS signings as well, not only from the Slady era.. Every manager has sold more than he bought after Malky. Do the math as top cat says :roll:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:32 am

Our so-called Transfer Committee has a simple ethos:

OUT: "What will we save on wages and do we get a fee of ANY kind? Yes? Good, he's gone then!" :wave:

IN: "Is he eligible for Tax Benefits to supplement what we want to pay and is he 'on a free'? Yes? Then we'll take him. We can sort his Welsh citizenship out later, like the cunning 'Jacks' did with Ashley Williams!" ;)

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:36 am

Sven wrote:Our so-called Transfer Committee has a simple ethos:

OUT: "What will we save on wages and do we get a fee of ANY kind? Yes? Good, he's gone then!" :wave:

IN: "Is he eligible for Tax Benefits to supplement what we want to pay and is he 'on a free'? Yes? Then we'll take him. We can sort his Welsh citizenship out later, like the cunning 'Jacks' did with Ashley Williams!" ;)

:thumbup:

Sadly true

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:The comity was formed after relegation to prevent another Cornelius incident. You have to include OGS signings as well, not only from the Slady era.. Every manager has sold more than he bought after Malky. Do the math as top cat says :roll:

That's my understanding. The Committee is there to scrutinise the transfer in other words the fee wages length of contract. I don't think they are responsible for identifying players that still comes from other areas such as scouting or agents even.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:13 pm

The transfer committee is doing a great job because we aren't a club going for promotion anymore. The board are quite happy to have a mid table Championship team and anything else is a bonus. Promotion on the cheap or no promotion at all, simple really. We are making signings that will keep us in the division, nothing else.

Get used to it.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Neokutai wrote:I have wondered how the clubs scouting network works now, do the reports go to Trollope and he puts them before the committee or does the committee receive them and go through them with Trollope.

No scouting system in place - they're part of the cutbacks.

How it works is this - Tan asks around the other clubs he owns whether anyone fancies a season fannying around in Wales and if anyone puts their hand up he signs them on loan.

Then he tells Trollope to remember the basis on which he was offered the job and get on with it.

:thumbup:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:The transfer committee is doing a great job because we aren't a club going for promotion anymore. The board are quite happy to have a mid table Championship team and anything else is a bonus. Promotion on the cheap or no promotion at all, simple really. We are making signings that will keep us in the division, nothing else.

Get used to it.

Agreed.

The same supporters complaining seasons ago to throw money at things and when we do complain that we are driving the club into more of financial mess then when the board actually try to run the club right financially complain we ain't throwing money at it.

We do have an embarrassing fan base on times.