Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED 30/08/16 ' Cardiff are on the verge of Signing '

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:14 am

' UPDATED ' TUESDAY 30TH AUGUST 2016

I can confirm Cardiff City have now been in talks with Kyle Lafferty about personal terms and with Norwich City about a season long loan, but the only stumbling block is Norwich want Cardiff to pay all his wages and City I believe still are only offering half of them.

And Norwich have completed the signing of Portugal international Nelson Oliveira from Benfica on a four-year deal, they now won't want Rafferty even more.

' Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing '

Ive just been told Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing Norwich City's Kyle Lafferty on a season long loan.

Just two obstacles to be solved.

Norwich don't want him to play again them on both matches this season.

Norwich want City to pay his wages in full for the season, City want to pay 50%, so a lot needs sorting there.

Hopefully they sort things out before Wednesday 31st August as no more loan signings after that date,not even emergency ones.

What do you think of Kyle Lafferty?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing '

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Better than Fred, Ken and Pilkington. On that basis he would be a good signing.

I think the not playing against Norwich is a cert as we usually pull that one when we loan out. If we can get him on 50% wages then it's a brilliant deal :thumbup:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:19 am

Never proved anything gets club Evelyn but I do favour him than what we have. He is not quick though and feel pace up front is needed

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:39 am

Does'nt score much. But likes to put himself about a bit and battle.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:41 am

Yet another cheap option...although in fairness this might be a decent signing...but still no pace in the team whatsoever

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

buckleys brewery wrote:Does'nt score much. But likes to put himself about a bit and battle.

:thumbup: yes, and for this season these are good attributes

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Crazy how fans have been saying for years we need a goal scorer and then this deal becomes likely and they're happy?
The guy doesn't score. He's just another over paid player who will come in and do f**k all. Rather play Alf all season and see what he does.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:03 pm

The12thBlue wrote:Crazy how fans have been saying for years we need a goal scorer and then this deal becomes likely and they're happy?
The guy doesn't score. He's just another over paid player who will come in and do f**k all. Rather play Alf all season and see what he does.

give the guy a chance ffs

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Would rather have a short pacey striker rather than another big lump but it's better than nothing.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Only one problem, he doesn't score goals, and has never been a prolific goal scorer. But if we are happy to sign a player who may score 5 or 6 goals in a season, then Great :bluebird:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:Crazy how fans have been saying for years we need a goal scorer and then this deal becomes likely and they're happy?

give the guy a chance ffs

This isn't the signing we need. We need a pacey goal scorer something he is not. I don't like talking about new signings like this but this transfer is doomed. Sorry. I think Alf and Pilks up top would be a better option for us.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Jay Bothroyd was very inconsistent and did not settle before becoming one of the best players ive seen in a blue shirt.

At this moment I don think there is much choice out there within out price range so more than willing to give him a shout. If hes hard working and a willing runner he wont go far wrong. Just hope he can chip in with a few at the same time

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Only one problem, he doesn't score goals, and has never been a prolific goal scorer. But if we are happy to sign a player who may score 5 or 6 goals in a season, then Great :bluebird:

Mate,thats why we are signing him :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Shit striker and a wanker off the field!
Not surprised were going in for him, shows lack of ambition, guarantee he won't get us 10 goals, he'l flop big time!!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:16 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Only one problem, he doesn't score goals, and has never been a prolific goal scorer. But if we are happy to sign a player who may score 5 or 6 goals in a season, then Great :bluebird:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing5:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:20 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Play Le Fondre and get Saadi back.

Also drop the 5 at the back formation :old:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:25 pm

We need a forward or two so bring em in I say

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Lafferty and LeFondre might be interesting?

Could be what we need as LeFondre looks better alongside a big man.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:51 pm

I think ppl underestimate him he's a right handful and I think he'll surprise a few with his ability to occupy defenders

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:56 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Lafferty and LeFondre might be interesting?

Could be what we need as LeFondre looks better alongside a big man.

I would be happy with this and could even make the 5-3-2 thing work with two proper strikers.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 pm

Its been made clear that le fondre will never play for Cardiff again.Left on the bench when we needed a goal says it all
Lafferty will just be another big lump up top,plus what kind of service will he be getting from our midfield that cant pass water

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing '

Ive just been told Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing Norwich City's Kyle Lafferty on a season long loan.

Norwich want City to pay his wages in full for the season, City want to pay 50%, so a lot needs sorting there.

Hopefully they sort things out before Wednesday 31st August as no more loan signings after that date,not even emergency ones.

Not a bad signing i think he holds the ball up well , throws himself about and makes space for his team mates but hes not a prolific goal scorer. :?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing5:

Are you two related or friends? :lol: :thumbup:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Fraizer Campbell would be great. Latterly just hasn't done it at club level so far. Defo the cheap option. We must sign another striker, or we are DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:23 pm

People sayin he aint a goalscorer he banged them in for n.ireland in world cup qualifiers so theres evidence he is a goalscorer right there. Aint had a fair crack at norwich hes had appearances off the bench and played out wide. Lafferty and le fondre could be a good combination! Or immers playing in number 10 behind lafferty!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Play Le Fondre and get Saadi back.

I agree, I had high hopes on Saadi this season, then he went on loan.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:45 pm

scooby1973 wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:Play Le Fondre and get Saadi back.

I agree, I had high hopes on Saadi this season, then he went on loan.

What's he been like on loan

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing '

Football league rules state he can't play against parent club anyway, so need for Norwich to ask for that

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:29 pm

BlueMagic wrote:People sayin he aint a goalscorer he banged them in for n.ireland in world cup qualifiers so theres evidence he is a goalscorer right there. Aint had a fair crack at norwich hes had appearances off the bench and played out wide. Lafferty and le fondre could be a good combination! Or immers playing in number 10 behind lafferty!

You can be banging goals in at international level against opposition that frankly is barely above League 2 level.

Really it's his goalscoring record at Championship level and above that's the only indicator you can use and that is no better than average.

However I think he has to be a better bet than Fred or Zohore at the moment as neither of them seem to be able to make any telling contribution.