Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing '

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:47 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
scooby1973 wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:Play Le Fondre and get Saadi back.

Also drop the 5 at the back formation :old:

I agree, I had high hopes on Saadi this season, then he went on loan.

What's he been like on loan

He scored 2 last week

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:10 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
scooby1973 wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:Play Le Fondre and get Saadi back.

Also drop the 5 at the back formation :old:

I agree, I had high hopes on Saadi this season, then he went on loan.

What's he been like on loan

Kortrijk have played 5 games so far. Saadi was a 2nd half sub in the first 3, and started in the next 2. He's scored 2 goals - both in the 2 - 1 win against Club Brugge (4th game). I'm not 100% sure if these are proper league games - the site below describes them as First Division A games, but then adds 'Club Friendlies'. They look like league games.

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/kv-kortrijk/

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:Crazy how fans have been saying for years we need a goal scorer and then this deal becomes likely and they're happy?
The guy doesn't score. He's just another over paid player who will come in and do f**k all. Rather play Alf all season and see what he does.

give the guy a chance ffs

Why he's right, we need a goal scoring mobile pacy Striker not a slow big lump that doesn't score enough, another Alan Lee :roll:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:Crazy how fans have been saying for years we need a goal scorer and then this deal becomes likely and they're happy?
The guy doesn't score. He's just another over paid player who will come in and do f**k all. Rather play Alf all season and see what he does.

give the guy a chance ffs

Why he's right, we need a goal scoring mobile pacy Striker not a slow big lump that doesn't score enough, another Alan Lee :roll:

He's not slow he's quicker than the two up front now and he is a proper striker give the guy a chance you never know we might get another player too up front

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:28 pm

TBH if thet want us to pay all his wages then they shouldn't be telling us who he can play against.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:04 pm

He's a gd striker he carried the flame for ni during the euros qualifying finishing runner up to bale as top scorer in qualifying he's also a handful and why ppl think he's slow is cos he's tall,he covers the ground well as this video shows https://youtu.be/W71KuDghvT4

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:33 pm

Reza wrote:He's a gd striker he carried the flame for ni during the euros qualifying finishing runner up to bale as top scorer in qualifying he's also a handful and why ppl think he's slow is cos he's tall,he covers the ground well as this video shows https://youtu.be/W71KuDghvT4

He's 6ft3 and only 11 stone he's not big lump he's a good striker for this level

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:45 pm

The thing about a player that likes to "put himself about a bit" normally creates space for others too even if he's nowhere near the ball.Bring him on I say.He'll give us something we haven't got( a bit of nastiness I hope) :evil:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:45 pm

When are people going to listen, we need pilks out wide, he was a stop gap striker in my opinion, I think lafferty is a good signing, but until we get Trollope out we wont do anything, i think he is worse than slade, at least with slade we had a few shots on goal, jazz richards is useless.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Hal Robson Kant Do

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:19 am

Cardiff City Make Approach For Norwich's Kyle Lafferty

Carrowroad.com

August 29th, 2016

Cardiff City are in talks with Norwich City & Northern Ireland Euro 2016 hit-man Kyle Lafferty in a bid to end their horrendous goal drought.

The move has been described by an impeccable Bluebirds source as no more than 'an outside chance,' but 28-year-old Lafferty is an option Cardiff are exploring in the wake of Saturday's 1-0 home defeat to Reading.

Paul Trollope's Bluebirds again looked totally punchless in the game and no Cardiff player has yet managed to score a goal at home this season.

Cardiff are desperately trying to find a goalscoring centre-forward ahead of the transfer window closing on Wednesday, whether signing one permanently or on a season's loan.

Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan seems unlikely to sanction the big-money capture of a striker, feeling he has had his fingers burned with a succession of transfer targets who have flopped in the Welsh capital.

So a temporary move for Norwich's out of favour Lafferty is something that appeals to the Bluebirds who are hoping the player agrees to a switch to south Wales.

Lafferty came on as a substitute in Norwich's 3-0 loss at Birmingham on Saturday and had a one minute appearance two weeks earlier in a 1-0 win over Bristol City.

He started and scored in the Canaries' 6-1 League Cup triumph over Coventry, but does not appear to be part of manager Alex Neill's first-team plans.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 am

' THERE WILL BE NO BIG-MONEY SPENT ON A STRIKER '

It will either be a loan deal or a free transfer.

By Paul Abadonanto

Monday 29th August 2016

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan seems unlikely to sanction the big-money capture of a striker, feeling he has had his fingers burned with a succession of transfer targets who have flopped in the Welsh capital.

So a temporary move for Norwich's out of favour Lafferty is something that appeals to the Bluebirds who are hoping the player agrees to a switch to south Wales.

Lafferty came on as a substitute in Norwich's 3-0 loss at Birmingham on Saturday and had a one minute appearance two weeks earlier in a 1-0 win over Bristol City.

He started and scored in the Canaries' 6-1 League Cup triumph over Coventry, but does not appear to be part of manager Alex Neill's first-team plans.

Lafferty was handed just one Premier League game last season, in the 2-1 loss to champions Leicester, before being loaned out to Birmingham. He played six times for the Blues, netting once in a defeat to Brighton.

The former Glasgow Rangers forward has struggled to find the net at club level in recent times, but proved his worth as Northern Ireland's talisman in their rampage into the finals of Euro 2016 this summer.

Lafferty struck seven goals to get the Irish to France, the same tally as Gareth Bale managed for Wales and Wayne Rooney with England.

And although he had a quiet finals, when Northern Ireland lost to Wales in the last 16, Lafferty will be his country's kingpin once more as they prepare for the looming World Cup qualifiers.

Bale was more responsible than any other player for getting his country to the Euros, being responsible for 83 per cent of Wales' goals whether through scoring himself or via assists for team-mates. Next on that list, at a shade over 50 per cent, was Lafferty... ahead of the likes of Rooney, Poland's Robert Lewandowski and Germany's Thomas Muller.

Cardiff desperately need to unearth a goalscorer, with many fans already fearing relegation in the wake of Saturday's abject second-half showing against Reading.

Trollope's Bluebirds have failed to find the net in four of their six matches thus far, with their only goals at home being two Blackburn own goals.

Lafferty's career has seen him play for Burnley, Darlington, Rangers, Siwss side Sion, Italians Palermo and Norwich.

The Canaries loaned him out to Birmingham and Turkish outfit Caykur Rizespor.

His best scoring period was with Rangers, where Laffetry hit 31 goals in 104 appearances, while he also managed 11 in 34 games in Italy for Palermo.

But even though he has never been prolific at club level, Lafferty has managed to find the net 17 times in 52 Northern Ireland appearances. Given the limited resources of the Irish at international level, a goal every three games represents a handsome return for Lafferty.

Cardiff are negotiating a possible loan fee and whether they would pay Lafferty's wages, or whether Norwich could fund a proportion of them.

Lafferty accepts he will have to leave Carrow Road in order to get regular football, whether with the Bluebirds or another side.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Le Fondre had a respectable record before us but hasn't done it here.

Bothroyd didn't have a decent record before us but managed to excel here.

Give the lad a chance.

Re: UPDATED ' Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing '

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:34 am

' UPDATED ' TUESDAY 30TH AUGUST 2016

I can confirm Cardiff City have now been in talks with Kyle Lafferty about personal terms and with Norwich City about a season long loan, but the only stumbling block is Norwich want Cardiff to pay all his wages and City I believe still are only offering half of them.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:46 am

Well 50% is better than Norwich paying it all . Its a pity some teams don't come in and offer 50% of Macheda and ALF wages .

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:12 am

Striker completes switch to Carrow Road

30/08/16

Norwich City said It’s a great signing for us because he’s a very good player technically"

NORWICH City have completed the signing of Portugal international Nelson Oliveira from Benfica on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee, subject to approval from the relevant football authorities.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:13 am

One of the things Norwich were waiting for is lafferty was there only fit striker and Norwich wanted Nelson olivera who they have just now signed so hopefully it gives the all clear to sign lafferty

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:14 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:One of the things Norwich were waiting for is lafferty was there only fit striker and Norwich wanted Nelson olivera who they have just now signed so hopefully it gives the all clear to sign lafferty

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:' UPDATED ' TUESDAY 30TH AUGUST 2016

I can confirm Cardiff City have now been in talks with Kyle Lafferty about personal terms and with Norwich City about a season long loan, but the only stumbling block is Norwich want Cardiff to pay all his wages and City I believe still are only offering half of them.

Annis this doesn't actually make sense
Why would we be talking to laferty re personal terms if Norwich want us to pay all his wages
Are you suggesting we will have to pay all his wages to Norwich and also additional money to laferty

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:24 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

Why would we be talking to laferty re personal terms if Norwich want us to pay all his wages
Are you suggesting we will have to pay all his wages to Norwich and also additional money to laferty

Steve, because they have to sort out accomodation/chat to Trollope/Choo about Cardiff etc etc

Lafferty won't get a penny less, its between City and Norwich about who is paying what.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Steve, because they have to sort out accomodation/chat to Trollope/Choo about Cardiff etc etc

Lafferty won't get a penny less, its between City and Norwich about who is paying what.

Thanks Annis I understand the accommodation thing etc ,and wasn't having ago but it read personal terms ,which I took as wages

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:40 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Thanks Annis I understand the accommodation thing etc ,and wasn't having ago but it read personal terms ,which I took as wages

I understand, No problem Steve :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: UPDATED 30/08/16 ' Cardiff are on the verge of Signing

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:59 am

Never know trollope might just play to his strengths and change formation ?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:08 am

Wernt we linked with olivera at one stage?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:14 am

davids wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:People sayin he aint a goalscorer he banged them in for n.ireland in world cup qualifiers so theres evidence he is a goalscorer right there. Aint had a fair crack at norwich hes had appearances off the bench and played out wide. Lafferty and le fondre could be a good combination! Or immers playing in number 10 behind lafferty!

You can be banging goals in at international level against opposition that frankly is barely above League 2 level.

Really it's his goalscoring record at Championship level and above that's the only indicator you can use and that is no better than average.

However I think he has to be a better bet than Fred or Zohore at the moment as neither of them seem to be able to make any telling contribution.

yeah cos every mug is doing it arent they ? ridiculous statement, he scored against hungary who looked very good in france he also scored against greece and was involved in more goals than any player other than bale so id say its a bit harsh saying he scored against barely league two standard

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:35 am

sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing '

Ive just been told Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing Norwich City's Kyle Lafferty on a season long loan.

Just two obstacles to be solved.

Norwich don't want him to play again them on both matches this season.

Norwich want City to pay his wages in full for the season, City want to pay 50%, so a lot needs sorting there.

Hopefully they sort things out before Wednesday 31st August as no more loan signings after that date,not even emergency ones.

What do you think of Kyle Lafferty?

Football league rules state he can't play against parent club anyway, so need for Norwich to ask for that

Is that a new ruling? Olifinjana played (and scored) for us against Hull while on loan from there, Anthony Gerrard did the same

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:01 am

KBK-13 wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing '

Ive just been told Cardiff City are on the verge of Signing Norwich City's Kyle Lafferty on a season long loan.

Just two obstacles to be solved.

Norwich don't want him to play again them on both matches this season.

Norwich want City to pay his wages in full for the season, City want to pay 50%, so a lot needs sorting there.

Hopefully they sort things out before Wednesday 31st August as no more loan signings after that date,not even emergency ones.

What do you think of Kyle Lafferty?

Football league rules state he can't play against parent club anyway, so need for Norwich to ask for that

Is that a new ruling? Olifinjana played (and scored) for us against Hull while on loan from there, Anthony Gerrard did the same

It is up to the clubs.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:51 am

Strong reports from Italy linked Lafferty with a Palermo return...

This could be a tense day!

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:20 pm

Hope this doesn't happen now, heard he did a medical while with the Northern Ireland squad then stalled the move because he was told about other interest, haven't got all day. :roll: