Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LATEST NEWS ON ADAM LE FONDRE '

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:03 am

My opinion, I would of started Le Fondre and would of given him a run of games, He can't do any worse than we already have been doing.

Paul Trollope admits Adam Le Fondre could still leave Bluebirds despite Reading recall

Sunday 28th August 2016

BY PHIL SMITH

Le Fondre was a surprise inclusion on the Cardiff City bench for the 1-0 defeat to Reading, despite spending most of pre-season with the development squad

Paul Trollope has confirmed that Adam Le Fondre could still leave the club before the transfer window shuts on Wednesday, despite handing him a shock recall to the first team squad.

Le Fondre was a surprise inclusion on the Cardiff City bench for the 1-0 defeat to Reading, despite spending most of pre-season playing and training with the development squad.

He was not even named on the 27-strong squad list on the back of the match day programme but the absence of Kenneth Zohore seems to have forced Trollope’s hand.

The Head Coach said: “We’ve looked at our options, there’s been a clarity with the boys in that situation, Dikgacoi, Macheda, Le Fondre, Adeyemi, who are potentially available.

“Some have moved on and Alfie, he’s a goal scorer, we’ve looked at the situation carefully, we’re still open for things to happen if that’s the case over the next three or four days before the window shuts.”

Le Fondre was an unused substitute but Trollope has confirmed that he had considered throwing him into the thick of the action as he chased a winner against Jaap Stam’s side.

He said: “Of course, we had a few attacking options on the bench today, we tried to roll the dice a bit and bring Gounongbe on and Craig Noone later, to give us that little spark.

“They had a decent spell in the middle of the second half but we thought we’d turned the game again and turned the tide a bit, Kadeem Harris had got us back on the front foot with some energetic play down the side and we thought we were back on top but it wasn’t to be.”

Trollope bemoaned his side’s inability to put away some very good chances before being hit with a sucker punch from Yann Kermorgant, and knows that inconsistency in front of goal is turning into a major problem.

He said: “I’m really frustrated. We prepared really well and created enough chances, especially in the first period, to be in front.

“We controlled the game and coped well with their game to limit them to a few chances. But you need to score goals in football and we should have been ahead.

“We had three very, very good chances from headers and didn’t take them and then conceded that late goal that felt like a real sucker-punch.

“We thought we had this one in the palm of our hands at half-time and that we would go on to win. But not taking those chances came back to haunt us so we need to improve that.”

Trollope confirmed the club’s intention to bring in a new striker, with Norwich City’s Kyle Lafferty heavily linked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' LATEST NEWS ON ADAM LE FONDRE '

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:14 am

ALF might have been worth a punt but his comments about our club really makes it difficult for him to remain. His £3m transfer fee (never mind his wages) could have funded the academy for a few years and saved the jobs which have been lost this week.

For me it's a no and the sooner he is gone the better.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:21 am

Personally yesterday I would of brought him on. Early 2nd half then he could of at least showed any intent to the fans.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:49 am

Trollope calling le fondre a goalscorer there. I get the feeling now trollope wants to play le fondre and keep him but tan is stopping that from happening.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:47 pm

I think Trollope is speaking sense there.

We did control most of the game and created alot of chances and played very well in spells but couldn't finish.

We went flat second half and struggled to create, but stayed in reasonable control. The result unfortunately has masked a satisfactory performance imo and i think the claims on this forum that we couldn't be playing any worse are probably from people who didn't watch the game.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:52 pm

nubbsy wrote:I think Trollope is speaking sense there.

We did control most of the game and created alot of chances and played very well in spells but couldn't finish.

We went flat second half and struggled to create, but stayed in reasonable control. The result unfortunately has masked a satisfactory performance imo and i think the claims on this forum that we couldn't be playing any worse are probably from people who didn't watch the game.

Have to agree with you nubbsy
But we went too deep as the game went on
And our midfield is not creating
Also how come we are a team of two halves
Fulham subdued first half much improved second half
Qpr decent first half ,subdued second half
Yesterday good first half ,poor second half ?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:15 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I think Trollope is speaking sense there.

Have to agree with you nubbsy
But we went too deep as the game went on
And our midfield is not creating
Also how come we are a team of two halves
Fulham subdued first half much improved second half
Qpr decent first half ,subdued second half
Yesterday good first half ,poor second half ?

Very true 2nd half very subdued players seemed to lose confidence in going forward and stayed way too deep. You take someone like Jermaine Defoe (I know difference in quality ) but he is always around last defender and always towards centre of the goals. Pilky and Fred were very deep and I know you run channels to drag players away and open gaps but nobody is attacking the gaps

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:56 pm

BlueMagic wrote:Trollope calling le fondre a goalscorer there. I get the feeling now trollope wants to play le fondre and keep him but tan is stopping that from happening.

Talking through your arse.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:12 pm

He's a pro footballer. It's in his interests to score goals. That's his job. If we give him games that's what he's going to try to do. It's not in his interest (or ours) to play like a c**t.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Even though I would prefer he was gone, Trollope might as well play him while the club pays his ridiculous wages at least then he's in the shop window and if his attitude is professional we might get the goals we need.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:58 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:ALF might have been worth a punt but his comments about our club really makes it difficult for him to remain. His £3m transfer fee (never mind his wages) could have funded the academy for a few years and saved the jobs which have been lost this week.

For me it's a no and the sooner he is gone the better.

Whats his problem then? Surely its in his best interest to knuckle down and do his best for cardiff city if hes ademant on going eventually?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:11 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:He's a pro footballer. It's in his interests to score goals. That's his job. If we give him games that's what he's going to try to do. It's not in his interest (or ours) to play like a c**t.

What happened last time we gave him games? Did he forget or something?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:46 am

We are paying his wages so he should available for selection. If he doesn't move on this week then I hope the manager can get him to change his attitude and be available for selection. On paper he is the best striker at the club and we need someone with his goal scoring record to come good for us in these bad times. It should be a good incentive for Alf to put himself in the shop window for a move next season.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:23 am

If he wants to leave Cardiff then chuck him in the starting line-up as he will play his heart out to put him in demand from other clubs.

What have we got to lose? Championship status?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:54 am

It is a No Brainer, no one will pay any money for him, we don't have a striker who can can score apart from Pilkinton who is a winger!!! We are paying his wages so just play him, can't be any worse than it is !!!!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:If he wants to leave Cardiff then chuck him in the starting line-up as he will play his heart out to put him in demand from other clubs.

What have we got to lose? Championship status?

problem with that is the window closes wed and the next match is a week sat

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:37 pm

bluespeers wrote:It is a No Brainer, no one will pay any money for him, we don't have a striker who can can score apart from Pilkinton who is a winger!!! We are paying his wages so just play him, can't be any worse than it is !!!!

But that's the problem he is worse than what we got ffs

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Only one with experience in this division despite not showing it fully here.