Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Love the new 5 5 formation

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:44 am

I watch every game this season and we are not going to score with out players in the box ,we play with wing backs how many times did they get over half way let alone near oppositions box .himers and pliks might as well play in midfield how far they get up pitch, the system we are playing under Trollope there is no shape to the team. We can blame tan the chairman or the lack of funds but it's Trollope that set the team up and we have better players and than they are showing at present time I know it's early in season but we need a change and fast.
either change the system or bring in manager who can. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Love the new 5 5 formation

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:46 am

Yesterday we broke forward after winning the ball, the player who showed the most commitment in getting forward was Peter Whittingham, no body else bothered. Second time it happened Bruno Manga was the furthest forward

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:15 pm

KBK-13 wrote:Yesterday we broke forward after winning the ball, the player who showed the most commitment in getting forward was Peter Whittingham, no body else bothered. Second time it happened Bruno Manga was the furthest forward

Unfortunately my grandma on her zimmer frame is quicker than Whitts.

One ball was played to him down the wing yesterday and it looked like he was wearing the new Adids "Concrete" boots.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:52 pm

davids wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:Yesterday we broke forward after winning the ball, the player who showed the most commitment in getting forward was Peter Whittingham, no body else bothered. Second time it happened Bruno Manga was the furthest forward

One ball was played to him down the wing yesterday and it looked like he was wearing the new Adids "Concrete" boots.

IN all fairness to Whitts he has never been known as pacey. But imo he has put a lot more in the tackle this season and he is still the best passer on the park. And if he's that slow, yet was the only one busting a gut to get in the box a few times yesterday. So is he faster than the others or better work rate? :thumbup:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:14 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
davids wrote:

IN all fairness to Whitts he has never been known as pacey. But imo he has put a lot more in the tackle this season and he is still the best passer on the park. And if he's that slow, yet was the only one busting a gut to get in the box a few times yesterday. So is he faster than the others or better work rate? :thumbup:

Kind of the point I was making, not 1 player showed enough desire to get forward and support, Whitts is not in the side to get forward at speed, but was the only player who did.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:14 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
davids wrote:

Kind of the point I was making, not 1 player showed enough desire to get forward and support, Whitts is not in the side to get forward at speed, but was the only player who did.

Yes mate :thumbup: my point was more aimed at davids reply

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:10 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
davids wrote:

I was certainly not criticising Whitts for the effort he made yesterday but more a criticism of the fact that he was the one in that position in the first place!

He's certainly not faster than the others and he'll never be a ball winning midfield hardman but expecting him to burst on to balls played beyond the full back just shows how ridiculous some of our play has been so far.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:42 pm

davids wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
davids wrote:

I was certainly not criticising Whitts for the effort he made yesterday but more a criticism of the fact that he was the one in that position in the first place!

He's certainly not faster than the others and he'll never be a ball winning midfield hardman but expecting him to burst on to balls played beyond the full back just shows how ridiculous some of our play has been so far.

Ok, I agree with that :thumbright: