A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY: FOR BETTER OR WORSE? '

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:09 pm

since64 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Our great red saviour of an owner got involved? :bluebird:

Everyone can say what they like, but today our club feels rotter to the core,divided,pride gone,passion gone and no one knows the future, but we do know is that we have lost thousands of hardcore fans, thats thanks to Vincent Tan,the Red Brigade and Some City Staff who pushed for our identity and pride to be stripped away from us and then wore the Red and laughed in the faces of fans who stayed Blue.

It was just to much for many fans to bare and many on here can argue what they want, but I know hundreds personally who feel the same as I do and that is now why our away supports is now one of the lowest in the Championship.

So no matter what some on here say, its how I feel and it still hurts.

For me as Ive always said Identity and Pride are everything that makes a Football Club :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

exactly annis nobody can say what would have happened had tan not come in, one thing is for sure before tan come around we had loyal passionate fans and we was getting around 16k each game cos fans were entertained but now we are lucky if 10k turn up and that figure will drop dramatically next season no matter what league we are in,ppl fed up with the lies which just fall out the mouths of choo and dalman

We almost didn't exist before Tan came in so I think if Tan didn't come we wouldn't have a club to support

There will always be a club to support.
Now there will be, but alot of fans seem to forget that Sam almost killed our club around christmas when Risdale was here when he wouldn't sign an agreement if I remember rightly it was 15 minutes away from liquadation! We had the tax man constantly threatening to liquadate us over unpaid taxes . Fans seem to forget that .
Tan came in and we are no longer paying Langston off , no longer in court with HMRC. Fans just want to hate Tan for the red (which I hated ) and can't see that without Tan there wouldn't be a club to support

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Red aside. I think we are better under Tan than when the riddler or your sammy were here :thumbup:

Jinx, As an older fan what division were we in and what crowds were we getting before the year 2000?

Ive watched city in all 4 divisions with crowds from around 1600 to 20000?

I know Jinks you were there :thumbright: My question is what division were we then and our crowds?

Ive just said? :? I'm not sure why your asking about crowds? I answered we are better off than under previous owners due to us not going to court over debts
Last edited by Jasonccfc on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:16 pm

Yes a club to support but not the one known as ccfc it will be a new club probably called fc Cardiff or like it!? But who knows what it would be?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:40 pm

We waited 2 years for someone to come in and finally invest into the club, without Tan investing I would wonder how many years more we would have taken to find someone to come in and invest.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 pm

It very clear that before he came, we were in a serious financial mess - owing money to numerous creditors including HMRC on more than one occasion. Had he not paid the bills it is very likely we wouldn't have a club or we'd be towards the bottom of the pyramid. For those that keep saying we don't know what would have happened, be realistic...we were up s**t creek without a paddle, HMRC (and others) were baying and Ridsdale had no way to fix it. There were no other money men queuing up to fix it - so the evidence strongly pointed to a very bleak future (if any) without him

Let's also not forgot that one of the major creditors was a previous owner who 'knew' about football and professed to love this club - yet he had wanted to re-locate us, he changed the badge, he had fire sales, he lied to the fans for almost a decade about the identity of Langston and he was prepared on more than a few occasions to drag this club through the courts, taking us to the brink. It still amazes me that those who have such hatred for Tan, continue to worship the ground that particular owner walked on.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:07 pm

78blue wrote:

It very clear that before he came, we were in a serious financial mess - owing money to numerous creditors including HMRC on more than one occasion. Had he not paid the bills it is very likely we wouldn't have a club or we'd be towards the bottom of the pyramid. For those that keep saying we don't know what would have happened, be realistic...we were up s**t creek without a paddle, HMRC (and others) were baying and Ridsdale had no way to fix it. There were no other money men queuing up to fix it - so the evidence strongly pointed to a very bleak future (if any) without him

Let's also not forgot that one of the major creditors was a previous owner who 'knew' about football and professed to love this club - yet he had wanted to re-locate us, he changed the badge, he had fire sales, he lied to the fans for almost a decade about the identity of Langston and he was prepared on more than a few occasions to drag this club through the courts, taking us to the brink. It still amazes me that those who have such hatred for Tan, continue to worship the ground that particular owner walked on.
. Can't disagree,so why do we put our trust in these individuals,time to go it alone start at the bottom of the pyramid fan owned what a journey it could be,and I wouldn't mind betting it would be more enjoyable than what we have now

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:13 pm

since64 wrote:
78blue wrote:

. Can't disagree,so why do we put our trust in these individuals,time to go it alone start at the bottom of the pyramid fan owned what a journey it could be,and I wouldn't mind betting it would be more enjoyable than what we have now

Depends on the ambition? Part of the reason we are where we are is a historical one - generations of potential fans
lost to the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool etc. With Premiership football now on our doorstep at the Jacks, we'd be set back generations again if we drop into league 1 or 2 let along starting at the bottom of the pyramid!

Sometimes a bit of perspective is needed - those saying these are the worst times ever, clearly can't remember crowds of 1,600 or fans trying to raise £100k to buy a player!!!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:06 pm

As much as i hate whats going on at the club, it could be far worse. Look at Portsmouth.
The debt will be manageable, the wage structure slashed back to normal and hopefully we'll still be second tier.
Tan has made so many mistakes but without him would we even have a club? Not a Tan fan but where were other investors?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:44 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Everyone can say what they like, but today our club feels rotten to the core,divided,pride gone,passion gone and no one knows the future, but we do know is that we have lost thousands of hardcore fans, thats thanks to Vincent Tan,the Red Brigade and Some City Staff who pushed for our identity and pride to be stripped away from us and then wore the Red and laughed in the faces of fans who stayed Blue.

It was just to much for many fans to bare and many on here can argue what they want, but I know hundreds personally who feel the same as I do and that is now why our away supports is now one of the lowest in the Championship.

So no matter what some on here say, its how I feel and it still hurts.

For me as Ive always said Identity and Pride are everything that makes a Football Club :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'm sorry Annis but how is the club more rotten to the core now than it was in 2009 under the thieving Riddler; tied down by the Langston debt, unpaid tax bills and the life suckers PMG?

Some might have laughed in your face but as the saying goes those who laugh last laugh the longest so surely you must have sniggered a little bit when Tan had to reverse the rebrand after blowing £100m in the process?

I don't know if this has actually sunk in yet but you WON!!!! You reversed the rebrand you were right etc. so why carry on fighting a fight that's not there?

Rather than praising these deserters that you know, you should be sticking your boot up their backsides and telling them to get down the City and back the boys and stop sulking like little kids. :D :ayatollah:

Exactly Tony,but some people need to be sad and angry in order to be happy.If there wasn't a crisis they would make one up.