Blueboys1927 wrote:Our great red saviour of an owner got involved? :bluebird:

no

Re: Are the club now in a worse situation than before

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:37 am

No before vt arrived we couldn't pay the pay the bills

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:27 am

He said that when he leaves that the club will be in a better position than when he took over. I think he'll be right as I'd imagine he will leave us with very little debt, a comparitively low wage structure at the club ( by current champ standards) and hopefully a club in the championship.
The difficulty will be holding onto the crowds we are having - forget getting more to come.
IMHO , we will be in quite a good position for potential new owners.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 am

No, there would of been no club.
We have paid off scam , so now have to sort the rest of the debt... That's business.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:37 am

Financially maybe we will be in a better place, but he's damaged the spirit of Cardiff City without doubt!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Lanwood wrote:

Financially maybe we will be in a better place, but he's damaged the spirit of Cardiff City without doubt!

You could argue that without Tan and his money there would be no spirit of Cardiff City left to be damaged.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:41 am

No , we don't appear in court every month we pay the tax man http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vincent-tan-converts-68m-debt-10875878 people are only moaning about Tan because he changed us to red (which was wrong ) but he's reversed that and is writing off debts , he's paid Langston off . If Tan never changed us to red there would be hardly anyone moaning about Tan

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:45 am

langley wrote:No, there would of been no club.
We have paid off scam , so now have to sort the rest of the debt... That's business.

Is 100% factual.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:35 pm

NO! In many ways better! :ayatollah:

Sadly, some high profile mistakes (one in particular) have tainted the an owner that might well have been our best ever in terms of achievement!

People still need to separate the facts from the fiction and the successes from the failures (including the glaring one from the owner himself) and on balance the 'Tan Effect' has to be seen as a mixed one but one that is finally tilting towards one of financial stability for the future; something the vast majority of us expected/called for when he arrived!

Easy to 'knock' the mistakes but (as I said elsewhere today) the future starts today and financially at least, the club are moving towards a brighter future able to stand on its own two feet when/if Vincent Tan sells up; the point at which is currently subject to contrary rumours depending on who is claiming to be ITK ;)

My own feeling (changed after a recent chance conversation) is that there is 'potential' for a known Consortium to come in with a genuine offer but that they are nowhere near having the finances (or willingness) to pay the asking price as it stands

This raised the question of whether the current 'Fire Sale' was connected to any potential sale of the club and the response was that it was "multi-faceted but has both the general debt reduction and FFP in mind"

Read that as you will, as I am not claiming to be ITK on this one other than the conversation was had with someone close to me in the banking industry and which could make some sort of sense! :ayatollah:

Re: CITY: FOR BETTER OR WORSE?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:43 pm

To me it is blindingly obvious that CCFC are much better off after 6 years of VT in charge. That said it hasn't been an easy ride.

It is common ground with just about 100% of the fan base that the rebrand was a bad idea all round. VT was badly advised and so were people like me who accepted the red in order to secure our future. Even though we now seem secure and are back in blue I have to admit that I suffered like most others with a disconnect from the club when they played in red, put simply it never seemed right. The promotion season was memorable but frankly the football was shit and the red made the achievement seem hollow.

But that aside the £100m was put into the club the players were bought, stadium expanded and promotion achieved. I still think MM has a lot to answer for over his transfer business and the fall out with VT came from his actions and not the owners.

The dream did turn sour but the silver lining is we are finally zooming in on a debt free status. Even though VT made the biggest mistake I can ever remember I will always hold him in high regard as a man who kept his word and saved CCFC from going broke.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY: FOR BETTER OR WORSE? '

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:51 pm

Everyone can say what they like, but today our club feels rotten to the core,divided,pride gone,passion gone and no one knows the future, but we do know is that we have lost thousands of hardcore fans, thats thanks to Vincent Tan,the Red Brigade and Some City Staff who pushed for our identity and pride to be stripped away from us and then wore the Red and laughed in the faces of fans who stayed Blue.

It was just to much for many fans to bare and many on here can argue what they want, but I know hundreds personally who feel the same as I do and that is now why our away supports is now one of the lowest in the Championship.

So no matter what some on here say, its how I feel and it still hurts.

For me as Ive always said Identity and Pride are everything that makes a Football Club :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Debt free on a Monday in debt by the Friday whoever is in charge if you have any ambition you must incur debt no debt no ambition end of

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Everyone can say what they like, but today our club feels rotten to the core,divided,pride gone,passion gone and no one knows the future, but we do know is that we have lost thousands of hardcore fans, thats thanks to Vincent Tan,the Red Brigade and Some City Staff who pushed for our identity and pride to be stripped away from us and then wore the Red and laughed in the faces of fans who stayed Blue.

It was just to much for many fans to bare and many on here can argue what they want, but I know hundreds personally who feel the same as I do and that is now why our away supports is now one of the lowest in the Championship.

For me as Ive always said Identity and Pride are everything that makes a Football Club :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

exactly annis nobody can say what would have happened had tan not come in, one thing is for sure before tan come around we had loyal passionate fans and we was getting around 16k each game cos fans were entertained but now we are lucky if 10k turn up and that figure will drop dramatically next season no matter what league we are in,ppl fed up with the lies which just fall out the mouths of choo and dalman

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:59 pm

since64 wrote:Debt free on a Monday in debt by the Friday whoever is in charge if you have any ambition you must incur debt no debt no ambition end of

In that case Cardiff City have been extremely ambitious for as long as I can remember :lol: ;)

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

exactly annis nobody can say what would have happened had tan not come in, one thing is for sure before tan come around we had loyal passionate fans and we was getting around 16k each game cos fans were entertained but now we are lucky if 10k turn up and that figure will drop dramatically next season no matter what league we are in,ppl fed up with the lies which just fall out the mouths of choo and dalman

100% Correct No one can say what would of happened, but what we sadly do know is we are today a very very sad and broken club, without many of the of those loyal passionate fans.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Your right in what you say,for me the only way this club can ever heal itself is by starting again,and if that means going out of the league then so be it,we need a fan run club,Hereford have started again and they will improve every season and be back in the league very soon we could do the same I firmly believe this,and someone once said the journey is more rewarding and exciting than when you arrive and my god he was proven correct.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Are we better off/ are we f**k

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Everyone can say what they like, but today our club feels rotter to the core,divided,pride gone,passion gone and no one knows the future, but we do know is that we have lost thousands of hardcore fans, thats thanks to Vincent Tan,the Red Brigade and Some City Staff who pushed for our identity and pride to be stripped away from us and then wore the Red and laughed in the faces of fans who stayed Blue.

We almost didn't exist before Tan came in so I think if Tan didn't come we wouldn't have a club to support

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I'm sorry Annis but how is the club more rotten to the core now than it was in 2009 under the thieving Riddler; tied down by the Langston debt, unpaid tax bills and the life suckers PMG?

Some might have laughed in your face but as the saying goes those who laugh last laugh the longest so surely you must have sniggered a little bit when Tan had to reverse the rebrand after blowing £100m in the process?

I don't know if this has actually sunk in yet but you WON!!!! You reversed the rebrand you were right etc. so why carry on fighting a fight that's not there?

Rather than praising these deserters that you know, you should be sticking your boot up their backsides and telling them to get down the City and back the boys and stop sulking like little kids. :D :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since64 wrote:Debt free on a Monday in debt by the Friday whoever is in charge if you have any ambition you must incur debt no debt no ambition end of

In that case Cardiff City have been extremely ambitious for as long as I can remember :lol: ;)

That's for sure :lol: but it's never been any different even before Sam we were always on our last legs,remember the save the city fund in the mid seventies fans were given collection tins that's how bad it got it has been and will always be the same

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'm sorry Annis but how is the club more rotten to the core now than it was in 2009 under the thieving Riddler; tied down by the Langston debt, unpaid tax bills and the life suckers PMG?

Some might have laughed in your face but as the saying goes those who laugh last laugh the longest so surely you must have sniggered a little bit when Tan had to reverse the rebrand after blowing £100m in the process?

I don't know if this has actually sunk in yet but you WON!!!! You reversed the rebrand you were right etc. so why carry on fighting a fight that's not there?

Rather than praising these deserters that you know, you should be sticking your boot up their backsides and telling them to get down the City and back the boys and stop sulking like little kids. :D :ayatollah:

Tony,Yes I did have a small laugh back after Tan had embarrassed himself and had to revert back to our Blue(still a rotten worm on his badge), but deep down the damage had been done to to many and to me myself thats how I feel deep down until he goes.
He has scarred us badly and I honestly don't know how it will be ever repaired.

As to Rotten to the chore, I will admit in my 43 years, he is def not the only one that I felt that way as its happened to us on numerous times especially in my years of following the club.

But put the Two together and that for me makes it and him our worst ever times in my time of following City as No one had actually made me our club like that on both accounts as it had never been done before to us and should never have been done.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:29 pm

since64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Your right in what you say,for me the only way this club can ever heal itself is by starting again,and if that means going out of the league then so be it,we need a fan run club,Hereford have started again and they will improve every season and be back in the league very soon we could do the same I firmly believe this,and someone once said the journey is more rewarding and exciting than when you arrive and my god he was proven correct.

I honestly don't know what the answer is,but for me the quicker Tan goes the better.
He said he was giving Cardiff City £100mill what a f*cking joke, I could not believe fans believed him in the first place.
He has since said he will leave us better than he bought us? ? Well its not looking that way at this very moment Hmmmmmm?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Mr Tan has made us into a club with a future. Unfortunately people look with rose tinted glasses on a not very illustrious past. He delivered, if only for 1 season, something that hadn't happened for 50 years. The only thing Cardiff City was famous for before that was an FA Cup win and some infamous hooliganism in the 80s - hardly anything to look back on with pride.

People mock him about the stadium expansion, but that is something else which will benefit the club in the long term. The days of Ninian Park are long behind us and rightly so. I'm fed up with people moaning about the club but won't vote with their feet. If it's so bad then put together your own club - a sort of FC United of ( Cardiff). The old days are NEVER coming back. So either get behind your team or go and find a new one.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:38 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Everyone can say what they like, but today our club feels rotter to the core,divided,pride gone,passion gone and no one knows the future, but we do know is that we have lost thousands of hardcore fans, thats thanks to Vincent Tan,the Red Brigade and Some City Staff who pushed for our identity and pride to be stripped away from us and then wore the Red and laughed in the faces of fans who stayed Blue.

We almost didn't exist before Tan came in so I think if Tan didn't come we wouldn't have a club to support

There will always be a club to support.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Red aside. I think we are better under Tan than when the riddler or your sammy were here :thumbup:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:23 pm

since64 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

There will always be a club to support.

SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:

Red aside. I think we are better under Tan than when the riddler or your sammy were here :thumbup:

Jinx, As an older fan what division were we in and what crowds were we getting before the year 2000?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Jinx, As an older fan what division were we in and what crowds were we getting before the year 2000?

Ive watched city in all 4 divisions with crowds from around 1600 to 20000?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Ive watched city in all 4 divisions with crowds from around 1600 to 20000?

I know Jinks you were there :thumbright: My question is what division were we then and our crowds?