Paul Trollope does not know if he can spend money

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:49 pm

' Paul Trollope does not know if he can spend money '

Cardiff City manager Paul Trollope does not know if he can spend money generated by the sales of Marshall and Fabio

Cardiff City boss Paul Trollope will have to wait to discover if he is able to spend the money generated by the impending sale of goalkeeper David Marshall to Hull City and Fabio Da Silva to Middlesborough.

"But people have their prices and Hull got to that, and the club were willing to accept it."

Trollope hopes to use those funds to sign a striker before the transfer window shuts on Wednesday.

"Time will tell the scope for reinvesting," Trollope explained.

Cardiff City have signed Frederic Gounongbe and turned Kenneth Zohore's loan into a permanent transfer during the summer, but both strikers have looked out of their depth in the Championship.

Trollope sees potential in Zohore - who at 22 is six years younger than Gounongbe - but the former Wales coach wants to bolster his attacking options before Wednesday night's 23:00 deadline.

"We're looking to strengthen in the attacking department. We need a striker," he said.

"We've been looking hard. We've got a set of strikers here, some are not natural strikers, some have done well in the position.
Attachments
JS94885188.jpg
JS94885188.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 5389 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Paul Trollope does not know if he can spend money

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Fans Fav - CHOO CHOO TRAIN - Said we can buy when we sell ????

Is the CHOO CHOO TRAIN ON A DIFFERENT TRACK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TopCat CCFC

Postby grange_end1927 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:55 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Fans Fav - CHOO CHOO TRAIN - Said we can buy when we sell ????

And Tans chairman Dalman says we will back our manager as we are going for promotion,what f*cking planet are they on
grange_end1927

Postby RV Casual » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:56 pm

I see Amos and Bennett have the same agent, anything to be read into that?

Probably overthinking it but just thought it could point to a fact we are panic taking whatever is offered to us as opposed to signing well thouht out transfer tagets.
RV Casual

Postby Philippine blue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 am

It's a sad state of affairs when the f*cking manager doesn't even know what his transfer budget is.
Philippine blue

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:50 am

grange_end1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Fans Fav - CHOO CHOO TRAIN - Said we can buy when we sell ????

And Tans chairman Dalman says we will back our manager as we are going for promotion,what f*cking planet are they on

Exactly they need to stop all the bull Shit by saying of our aim is for promotion when it's obviously not.
BaltimoreBlues

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:14 am

RV Casual wrote:I see Amos and Bennett have the same agent, anything to be read into that?

Probably overthinking it but just thought it could point to a fact we are panic taking whatever is offered to us as opposed to signing well thouht out transfer tagets.

We were probably looking for some freebie to replace Fabio and the same Agent said I have another player as well on my books for free you might be interested in. I can't see the club panicking to get anyone in as they are definitely in no rush, It's probably more of a case of getting something for nothing
BaltimoreBlues

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:33 am

I am amazed he doesn't know.... Because we all do. Hell get a few hundred grand for a loan signing. That's it.
AfricanBluebird

Postby bluemun » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:39 am

Totally time for Tan to go. Asset-stripping and waiting for the final parachute. It makes no sense not to invest in players and to get rid of top players. Crowds will plummet and we will be in a relegation battle. It will all seriously affect the confidence of our players. A club with no ambition in a league with many clubs full of ambition.
bluemun

Postby Scoularfan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:41 am

Our manager was no 2 to a bloke who was out of his depth in the championship ,we have sold our best players ,poor old Trollope don't know what he can spend if anything. I m depressing my self here
Scoularfan

Postby lewispenarth » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:46 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:I am amazed he doesn't know.... Because we all do. Hell get a few hundred grand for a loan signing. That's it.

How do we all know. From gossip on this forum? Nothings been confirmed so no one knows
lewispenarth

Postby Scoularfan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:53 am

And there s more -- we just sold a reasonable no 2 keeper ,then a few days later we sell our no 1 keeper and put in a rookie ,something is definitely not right
Scoularfan

Postby castleblue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:'

I would put the scope for reinvesting somewhere between diddly-squat and Zilch.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Neokutai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:20 am

It's getting embarrassing watching our managers repeat the same old shit when it's clear they have no say in anything that goes on except team tactics.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:23 am

castleblue wrote:

Thats how I see it Gary.

I can not believe We've just sold both our goalkeepers and a player like Fabio, at this stage of the season when we should be all jelled and ready to challenge, not good for squad confidence.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby tylorstown18891 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:35 am

Neokutai wrote:It's getting embarrassing watching our managers repeat the same old shit when it's clear they have no say in anything that goes on except team tactics.
spot on!
tylorstown18891

Postby castleblue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Thats how I see it Gary.

I can not believe We've just sold both our goalkeepers and a player like Fabio, at this stage of the season when we should be all jelled and ready to challenge, not good for squad confidence.

"There's a sense of 'new beginnings' at Cardiff City this summer, with a number of changes having been made to the coaching staff and playing personnel that we feel have been of significant benefit to our chances on the field."

The words of Ken Choo in the match programme just 14 days ago, How on earth can the man reconcile that statement with the sale of the 3 players since?

Time for honesty from Mr Choo.

castleblue

Postby Neokutai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:09 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Thats how I see it Gary.

"There's a sense of 'new beginnings' at Cardiff City this summer, with a number of changes having been made to the coaching staff and playing personnel that we feel have been of significant benefit to our chances on the field."

The words of Ken Choo in the match programme just 14 days ago, How on earth can the man reconcile that statement with the sale of the 3 players since?

Ken Choo is a master of spin it seems, the fans are already voting with their feet and it's only going to get worse if the club continue with their antics. You can make all the changes in the world to the coaching staff and playing personnel but if the manager has no say over any of it it's not going to work.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:12 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Thats how I see it Gary.

Gary, After the Euros etc everyone was feeling positive and looking forward to City's new season.

Our fans are fed up of lies/bullshit and false promises.

They deserve and need to be told the truth.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Neokutai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Thats how I see it Gary.

Gary, After the Euros etc everyone was feeling positive and looking forward to City's new season.

Our fans are fed up of lies/bullshit and false promises.

They deserve and need to be told the truth.

Tan has tried to replicate the feel good factor but he's quickly getting found out, just because a coach was around the Wales setup during their first bit of success for donkeys years doesn't mean he's a sure fire choice to emulate the same sort of success for us.
Neokutai

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:23 am

bluemun wrote:Totally time for Tan to go. Asset-stripping and waiting for the final parachute. It makes no sense not to invest in players and to get rid of top players. Crowds will plummet and we will be in a relegation battle. It will all seriously affect the confidence of our players. A club with no ambition in a league with many clubs full of ambition.

Agree with this
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:46 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
bluemun wrote:Totally time for Tan to go. Asset-stripping and waiting for the final parachute. It makes no sense not to invest in players and to get rid of top players. Crowds will plummet and we will be in a relegation battle. It will all seriously affect the confidence of our players. A club with no ambition in a league with many clubs full of ambition.

Agree with this

Tan is not asset stripping that's a complete load of bollocks. He has put £130m into this club and by 2021 he would have written the lot off. Stop peddling this lie.

Also the 'sense' in selling players is to balance the books so we don't fall foul of FFP and receive another transfer embargo and a substantial fine. :roll:

Until Le Layabout, Mancheda and possibly Manga (the 3 highest earners) are moved on the club has to keep back money from transfers in order to cover costs. If we could rid 2 of those 3 then I'm sure there would be leeway to spend some money.

But even then the maths has to add up. The crowds won't stop falling because we spend money we can't afford, we need to balance the books and be far more shrewd in the transfer market.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:59 am

castleblue wrote:

I'm slightly different in that I do have sympathy for Ken Choo as he has an almost impossible job of turning this club around. The blunt truth is the players had to be sold so we can balance the books and avoid breaching FFP again.

Therefore I think it is slightly unfair to clobber him for that. I do agree that the talk of play-offs is increasingly looking very over optimistic, but exactly what is he supposed to say?

The club is targeting 20th position? Do you really think fans would react with the 'oh well at least he's honest' line? I very much doubt it he would simply get slaughtered for that or frankly just about anything else he could possibly say.

If we can rid ourselves of Le Layabout and Mancheda then hopefully we can do some business in the striker department. But again responsible fans will have to have one eye on the costs because the days of reckless spending are over.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby nubbsy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:21 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Agree with this

Tan is not asset stripping that's a complete load of bollocks. He has put £130m into this club and by 2021 he would have written the lot off. Stop peddling this lie.

Also the 'sense' in selling players is to balance the books so we don't fall foul of FFP and receive another transfer embargo and a substantial fine. :roll:

Until Le Layabout, Mancheda and possibly Manga (the 3 highest earners) are moved on the club has to keep back money from transfers in order to cover costs. If we could rid 2 of those 3 then I'm sure there would be leeway to spend some money.

But even then the maths has to add up. The crowds won't stop falling because we spend money we can't afford, we need to balance the books and be far more shrewd in the transfer market.

I agree with most of what your saying but it's Tans fault were in this mess so he deserves very little credit for getting us out of it. He's just doing the same thing he's done since day 1 and that's look after his own interests.
nubbsy

Postby castleblue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:13 pm

castleblue wrote:

I'm slightly different in that I do have sympathy for Ken Choo as he has an almost impossible job of turning this club around. The blunt truth is the players had to be sold so we can balance the books and avoid breaching FFP again.

Therefore I think it is slightly unfair to clobber him for that. I do agree that the talk of play-offs is increasingly looking very over optimistic, but exactly what is he supposed to say?

The club is targeting 20th position? Do you really think fans would react with the 'oh well at least he's honest' line? I very much doubt it he would simply get slaughtered for that or frankly just about anything else he could possibly say.

If we can rid ourselves of Le Layabout and Mancheda then hopefully we can do some business in the striker department. But again responsible fans will have to have one eye on the costs because the days of reckless spending are over.

I have said in any number of threads over the past 12 months that the period of austerity would continue this summer or until such time that the overpaid under performing players signed by OGS have finally left the club. I also accept, like most fans, that balancing the books is important and we have absolutely no right to expect our owner to keep throwing £m's into a bottomless pit. The rules of FFP have changed this year and having got rid of so many high earners already surely this is of less importance this season.

http://www.efl.com/news/article/2014/20 ... 66799.aspx

I could list the players who have already left this summer together with those that have signed but surely few, if any, would support the claim that the changes will be of 'significant benefit to our chances on the field'. Sorry that is total bollocks and I really don't see the problem is outing the guy for putting such bullshit in print.

We need honesty, including finishing in 20th place will be success this season, if nothing else that may get a "siege mentality" going amongst the fans and stop things like the booing at the end of the game yesterday. It was an unlucky defeat which on another day could easily have been a win.

I just wish we could all see our current situation for what it is, including Ken Choo.

castleblue

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:13 pm

castleblue wrote:

Your right with a lot of what you say, I honestly think though if the board were more connected to the fans and just told us the situation and that they need our support through what's likely to be a difficult season we would accept it, definitely wouldn't be happy about it but would accept it
BaltimoreBlues

Postby Dessy1927 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Agree with this

The club contradict themselves, our support base has been torn to shreds, we are putting Trollope in an impossible situation and risking relegation. As much as I love this club it's not the club I fell in love with ( don't need them throwing millions at players ) it's just bs after bs after ripping away the one thing we always had when I fell for City and that is Unity and True support.

It's like a morgue now, and from where I view it a Club in decline. There's a reason for parachute payments so riddle me this? How the feck did we get here?
Dessy1927

Postby Dessy1927 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Agree with this

The club contradict themselves, our support base has been torn to shreds, we are putting Trollope in an impossible situation and risking relegation. As much as I love this club it's not the club I fell in love with ( don't need them throwing millions at players ) it's just bs after bs after ripping away the one thing we always had when I fell for City and that is Unity and True support.

It's like a morgue now, and from where I view it a Club in decline. There's a reason for parachute payments so riddle me this? How the feck did we get here?
Dessy1927

Return to General Chat