Think the next game will see some changes

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Amos in as keeper ( or new keeper- please go for Hennessy)

Bennett or John in - although Harris deserves to keep his spot.

Lafferty hopefully- but who makes way ? Immers or Pilks ? Or possibly Ralls and go back to 5-2-2-1 ?

Huws in for Gunnar who was awful today.
Lawnmower

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Think the next game will see some changes

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Amos in as keeper ( or new keeper- please go for Hennessy)

Lafferty hopefully- but who makes way ? Immers or Pilks ? Or possibly Ralls and go back to 5-2-2-1 ?

Gunnarsson was poor today and it's about time Huws was given a start. Saying that, perhaps he's not quite fit enough at the moment for some reason.
Lafferty? ..... For me nooo!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby theclaw » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Im not the biggest fan of 5 3 2 but thought Harris and Richards did well today.Cant see Trollope changing formation just yet so if can't see John coming back in.Maybe we need Okeefe back?
theclaw

Postby Norman146 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:38 pm

I can see plenty of changes too. We lacked penetration out wide as Richards is not a left back and had to keep cutting back inside and the midfield is just too one paced. Hopefully we would have signed a striker too and another keeper as surely cant risk season with just two.

I also wouldn't be against replacing all the midfield 3 as although whitts wasn't awful would like to see huws have a run as he should be more dynamic. We also imo are missing O'Keefe as he closes down play quickly and is more mobile than Gunnar and ralls (who was a big disappointment to me). I'm not sure when he is back but I like his attitude and would play him is recovered. Then play Immers and Pilks behind a front man maybe Lafferty according to reports.
Norman146

Postby 78blue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Richards offered hardly anything going forward today - we can't play 5 at the back but not have 2 wingbacks who get forward to support. it didn't help the midfield either who rarely had an outlet down that side. I was quite excited by his signing but so far been really underwhelmed. Harris deserves to keep his place on the right and then a change at the left for the next game.
78blue

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Why would Hennessy take a massive step backwards in his career and join a smaller club like ours ? :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:

Why would Hennessy take a massive step backwards in his career and join a smaller club like ours ? :bluebird:

How dare you say Palarse are a bigger club than us.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:

How dare you say Palarse are a bigger club than us.

Unfortunately the stripy Nigel's are now a way way bigger club than we are now. We are going backwards faster than a hen in a fox hole :bluebird: :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby nubbsy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:

Regular football
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Huws in for Gunnar definatly. Wed have 3 midfielders on the pitch who are good passers. I think pilks and Immers will prob fight it out for the no.10 spot if we sign a real center forward.
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:22 pm

Why isn't immers playing in position he was last season where he was relatively effective :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby piledriver64 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Ralls and Gunnarsson were truly awful today.

If clubs were really offering over £1m for Gunnarsson then we need to bite their hand off right now. Simply not good enough often enough.
piledriver64

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:29 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:

Regular football

Exactly.
Palace have just signed another keeper, so he's possibly 3rd choice now
Lawnmower

Postby Bluebeetle » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:56 pm

I couldn't disagree more regarding the assessment of Gunnar. He closed down relentlessly and ran his guts out. He showed strength and desire in every challenge too. His throws are our only goal threat. Ralls was poor and Whitts wasn't at his best. His free kick from a prefect shooting position was dire.
God only knows why Trollope keeps taking Immers off or why Pilks stayed on for the full 90 minutes. Pilks was poor today, and although not caught offside 17 times as usual was really slow getting back and even slower getting forward. One occasion when we broke with Kads (clearly motm again) bloody Manga was the furthest other man forward. We are desperate for a striker, everyone knows that. Looks like he'll be 5 games too late. Hopefully it's not Lafferty - Norwich thinks he's not up to it and I suspect they're right.
Bluebeetle

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Bluebeetle wrote:I couldn't disagree more regarding the assessment of Gunnar. He closed down relentlessly and ran his guts out. He showed strength and desire in every challenge too. His throws are our only goal threat. Ralls was poor and Whitts wasn't at his best. His free kick from a prefect shooting position was dire.
God only knows why Trollope keeps taking Immers off or why Pilks stayed on for the full 90 minutes. Pilks was poor today, and although not caught offside 17 times as usual was really slow getting back and even slower getting forward. One occasion when we broke with Kads (clearly motm again) bloody Manga was the furthest other man forward. We are desperate for a striker, everyone knows that. Looks like he'll be 5 games too late. Hopefully it's not Lafferty - Norwich thinks he's not up to it and I suspect they're right.

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Well Said on Gunners :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:02 pm

If you are happy with a player who gives the ball away regularly and was losing most of his tackles then Gunnar was mom.

He's a bit of a favourite amongst some as he runs around a lot, and I can't fault his work rate, but that's not enough at this level

Going forward he's no threat at all.
Lawnmower

Postby buckleys brewery » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Ralls and Gunnerson may as well be sat up in the stands. Zero contribution from the both of them. Get well soon O'Keefe.
buckleys brewery

Postby wez1927 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:45 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

Ralls and Gunnerson may as well be sat up in the stands. Zero contribution from the both of them. Get well soon O'Keefe.

agree o keefe is our best midfielder our midfield today was battered by an average reading side far too slow
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby darran1927 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:55 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

I'd drop Ralls and give Huws a start
darran1927

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:33 am

Not sure Gunnar was "awful" as he put in a shift and held the ball well in midfield. However, don't se him being a regular starter as the team settles and the introduction of Morrison as the new captain was correct in my eyes :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby BracklaBlue72 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:15 am

No pace in central midfield and up front.. We desperately need pace and more vision in the centre of the park, step forward Huws
BracklaBlue72

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:54 am

Immers wasted chances but it showed when he came
Off how important he is at linking the play.

We aren't attacking with any sort of numbers from mid field. I actually thought gunners was ok yesterday and had a go. Ralls and whitts both want to sit deep and be quarter backs. With 5 defenders we can't afford to lose 2 mid fielders by not going forward. Whitts we know isn't going to commit players one on one. If we are playing this formation we need someone happy to take people on and support the attack.
Either that or change to 4231 which frees up one from the back and allows ralls and whitts to sit.
We have guys that can play in the supporting 3. Noone immers harris huws pilks etc. We do need a striker but even if we had one we aren't getting forward in numbers anyway
welshrarebit

Return to General Chat