Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

vydra 8 million to Derby

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:41 pm

madness ,how are they beating fair play rules ?

Re: vydra 8 million to Derby

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:44 pm

I think they might have broken them last year when the figures come out.
It'll be too late in December/ Jan to make any difference for this season.

£8m is ridiculous money for him.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I think they might have broken them last year when the figures come out.
It'll be too late in December/ Jan to make any difference for this season.

£8m is ridiculous money for him.

agree 8 million is madness

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:48 pm

They Will come a croppa if don't go up, but then other teams will come a croppa if they don't go up as well! Championship is slowly turning into premier mark 2 when it comes to inflated players prices & salaries??

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:They Will come a croppa if don't go up, but then other teams will come a croppa if they don't go up as well! Championship is slowly turning into premier mark 2 when it comes to inflated players prices & salaries??

I think there will be big trouble ahead for a lot of teams

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:56 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:They Will come a croppa if don't go up, but then other teams will come a croppa if they don't go up as well! Championship is slowly turning into premier mark 2 when it comes to inflated players prices & salaries??

I think there will be big trouble ahead for a lot of teams

Yes can only seeing it get worse as more more teams fight for those 3 places such an in balance financially over next coming seasons with relegated premier teams

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Just cant understand this FFP thing. Some teams seem to be spending shed loads and surely Derby's wage bill was just as big if not bigger than ours yet it is us that failed FFP. I thought they would have been screwed last year but apparently they passed it. I know their gates are bigger etc, but as someone mentioned on here earlier gate receipts don't account for huge amount of income so how are they getting away with it.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Norman146 wrote:Just cant understand this FFP thing. Some teams seem to be spending shed loads and surely Derby's wage bill was just as big if not bigger than ours yet it is us that failed FFP. I thought they would have been screwed last year but apparently they passed it. I know their gates are bigger etc, but as someone mentioned on here earlier gate receipts don't account for huge amount of income so how are they getting away with it.

The only thing I think they can do is there owners somehow put m9ney in through sponsorship and clever accounting bears it

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Norman146 wrote:Just cant understand this FFP thing. Some teams seem to be spending shed loads and surely Derby's wage bill was just as big if not bigger than ours yet it is us that failed FFP. I thought they would have been screwed last year but apparently they passed it. I know their gates are bigger etc, but as someone mentioned on here earlier gate receipts don't account for huge amount of income so how are they getting away with it.

The only thing I think they can do is there owners somehow put m9ney in through sponsorship and clever accounting bears it

They must be. Also read bidding 14 million for Kodja. Madness

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:27 pm

FFP for last season was based on accounts for the 14/15 year.
Derbys wage bill was significantly less than ours, although their income was too ( as no parachute payments), they stayed within in just.

The rules were different for last year as a max of £13m loss per year over 3 years is now possible ( so total £39m) that gives a lot more leeway.
Relegated clubs from the Prem will have even more flexibility

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:22 pm

Nigel Pearson is overrated as a manager did nothing at Hull took ages to get Leicester up his only success was that good stint with Leicester last season

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Was outstanding for Watford a few seasons ago...but garbage for Reading last year, he has pace with to burn but very little passion or comittment

The last thing Derby need at the moment is another overpaid premadona...smacks of desperation!!!

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:28 pm

They need something as they are worse than us only one goal in 5 games? :o

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Good buy - if you have the money ;)

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:59 am

How are we only getting 3m gor Marshall if vydra's going for 8