Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan siphoning off money

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Can everyone please stop with all the comments about tan siphoning off money from these transfers.

Also the comments about no ambition.

I am no lover of Tan and would love to see the back of him. But that's because I can not stand him, not that things would be better with a new owner.

Let's be realistic, the club are restricted by FFP. The maximum losses that can be made in a season is £13m which includes a maximum £8m investment from shareholders.

The running cost of the club is still ridiculously high. If people think the parachute money plus ticket sales is enough to run our club, then you are deluded.

Income from season tickets is less than £5m. That equates to less than 10 players on 10k a week, that's without including bonuses. With this in mind, where is the left over money for transfers?

A lot of our squad are on wages in the region of 10k-20k. The likes of Morrison, Manga, whitts, Pilkington, gunnerson, noone, macheda, le fondre, Marshall are all on these wages if not higher. So where is this left over money to spend millions on players?

Re: Tan siphoning off money

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:48 pm

If we had a good strong fan base who stuck by their team through thick and thin we might not be in this mess now.I agree with you as I don't like or hate him but how can he write some of the debt off then waste money on high wages and signings.
Fans need to man up and support their team good or bad.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:53 pm

theclaw wrote:If we had a good strong fan base who stuck by their team through thick and thin we might not be in this mess now.I agree with you as I don't like or hate him but how can he write some of the debt off then waste money on high wages and signings.

Totally agree! :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:01 pm

theclaw wrote:If we had a good strong fan base who stuck by their team through thick and thin we might not be in this mess now.I agree with you as I don't like or hate him but how can he write some of the debt off then waste money on high wages and signings.

Problem is we haven't got that fanbase, never have at this level. We have 10-14k who will regularly renew seasons. A few more if things are going well.

We have been at a high for around 10 years with cup runs, playoffs, premier league, new stadium. People all wanted to be part of this and they were selling points for season tickets.

Now things ain't as good we are returning to our levels from early 00s

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:10 pm

sid61284 wrote:

Problem is we haven't got that fanbase, never have at this level. We have 10-14k who will regularly renew seasons. A few more if things are going well.

We have been at a high for around 10 years with cup runs, playoffs, premier league, new stadium. People all wanted to be part of this and they were selling points for season tickets.

I agree,this is probably our level so why are so many complaining(selling players,photos of the crowd,no investment etc)
Anyway didn't think we deserved to lose today.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:29 pm

theclaw wrote:
sid61284 wrote:

I agree,this is probably our level so why are so many complaining(selling players,photos of the crowd,no investment etc)
Anyway didn't think we deserved to lose today.

No didn't deserve to lose.

Problem is we let them dominate possession hoping to catch them on the counter. We haven't got the pace or drive to play that way

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:06 pm

We would have the fanbase, but we have never had the history of the big clubs. We were not in the top division for years and years where fathers would pass their passion to their kids.
Most people in south Wales still support liverpool, man utd, arsenal.....

Most people will only support a successful team. If man utd dropped a div or 2 tomorrow there fanbase would still be high because of the high position they have had for years. Fanatical following passed down year after year.
But... if they stayed in the lower divisions for 20 odd years with no prospect, it would soon drop off and be like any other club.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:29 pm

it is what it is ;)