Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3 5 2 more like 5 3 2

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:25 pm

we have not got the players to play this system we defend to deep and have no pace apart from Harris anywhere in the team we need a few more pacey players ,immers looks like he's carrying an injury

Re: 3 5 2 more like 5 3 2

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:42 pm

It was more like 550 second half especially

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:we have not got the players to play this system we defend to deep and have no pace apart from Harris anywhere in the team we need a few more pacey players ,immers looks like he's carrying an injury

I think with the players we have our best formation is 4-2-3-1

Jazz-Connolly-Morrison-Dec
Whitts-Gunnar
Noone. -Immers- Harris
Pilkington

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:we have not got the players to play this system we defend to deep and have no pace apart from Harris anywhere in the team we need a few more pacey players ,immers looks like he's carrying an injury

Agree on all accounts

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:59 pm

I don't understand how Trollope believes we have a pressing team, the front 3 press but the other 7 players are deep in our own half, when we win the ball there is just no support from anywhere.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Neokutai wrote:I don't understand how Trollope believes we have a pressing team, the front 3 press but the other 7 players are deep in our own half, when we win the ball there is just no support from anywhere.

we haven't got the right players at the moment we are missing pace in midfield they are all slow

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Neokutai wrote:I don't understand how Trollope believes we have a pressing team, the front 3 press but the other 7 players are deep in our own half, when we win the ball there is just no support from anywhere.

we haven't got the right players at the moment we are missing pace in midfield they are all slow

So why is Trollope still playing the formation if we don't have the players for it, what does no midfield pace have to do with pressing the ball?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:22 pm

The current formation isnt working simple as that. Need to change to a 4 2 3 1 id go for this

Amos

Richards Morrison Manga Bennett

Gunnarson Huws

Harris Immers Pilkington

Lafferty(or new striker)

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:03 pm

Neokutai wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

So why is Trollope still playing the formation if we don't have the players for it, what does no midfield pace have to do with pressing the ball?

How can you get close when your not in possession if your too slow ? how can you press any opposition in there half with or without out the ball if your thoughts ,passing and movement is to slow ?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:04 pm

BlueMagic wrote:The current formation isnt working simple as that. Need to change to a 4 2 3 1 id go for this

Amos

Gunnarson Huws

Harris Immers Pilkington

Lafferty(or new striker)

agree

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:The current formation isnt working simple as that. Need to change to a 4 2 3 1 id go for this

Amos

Gunnarson Huws

Harris Immers Pilkington

Lafferty(or new striker)

agree

Agree, Harris wasted playing right back , the defences would hate him as right midfielder