Before he's off down the road :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

How long should Trollope have

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: How long should Trollope have

Postby The12thBlue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:26 pm

May as well give him the f*cking season, If we sack him we're only going to get another like him (cheap and inexperienced). No manager worth anything will see what the club are doing and come here
The12thBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:43 pm

At least the season ffs
:roll:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Neokutai » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Before he's off down the road :bluebird:

It doesn't matter what we want, It's what Tan wants. He will never admit he's wrong and he will drag us through the mud to save face.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:02 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:At least the season ffs

Agreed we are not Dirty Leeds.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Give him a season to start next season in league one where he may be more suited :thumbright:
Blueboys1927

Postby Fairwater FC » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Sack him now. Simple as that.
Fairwater FC

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:

Give him a season to start next season in league one where he may be more suited :thumbright:

Ok sack him after five games, bring in somebody else on the cheap and five games later if we're not flying, sack him as well.
It works for Leeds so why not?
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby davids » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:21 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:

Ok sack him after five games, bring in somebody else on the cheap and five games later if we're not flying, sack him as well.

Absolutely agree.

It's nonsense to suggest sacking him when the club would only appoint someone else who is cheap and a yes man. Tan has shown that is what he would do with the appointments of Slade and Trollope.

I can't understand why people thought that things would be different under Trollope. He was a major part of the management and coaching team from last season and amazingly it seems as if Slade had more of an idea of how to set up a team than Trollope does!

Trollope has escaped much criticism so far and that's right because we all know the restrictions he's working under. However, he took the job knowing exactly how the club worked and the frustrating thing for me is that I just can't see even the faintest evidence that his formation and way of playing is beginning to work.
davids

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:29 pm

davids wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:

Absolutely agree.

It's nonsense to suggest sacking him when the club would only appoint someone else who is cheap and a yes man. Tan has shown that is what he would do with the appointments of Slade and Trollope.

I can't understand why people thought that things would be different under Trollope. He was a major part of the management and coaching team from last season and amazingly it seems as if Slade had more of an idea of how to set up a team than Trollope does!

Trollope has escaped much criticism so far and that's right because we all know the restrictions he's working under. However, he took the job knowing exactly how the club worked and the frustrating thing for me is that I just can't see even the faintest evidence that his formation and way of playing is beginning to work.

good post, & one I totally agree with. PT was part of the problem last season, & he will continue to be part of the problem this season,,,as we can see.

To many people got carried away by his Wales coaching connections, & his openness of wanting to play in the same formation.
RICK+CCFC

Postby darran1927 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:46 pm

give him the season it's pointless getting rid now as we are only a few games in and he is trying a different system which will take time and he has said we need a striker.
If we were to sack him now new manager by the time we get them in will have to work with what we have as transfer window will be shut and there's no loan window this season .
darran1927

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Don't think many fans including myself wanted him from the start, but he's here and like others have said he would only be replaced with some other cheap option so keep him for the season.
BaltimoreBlues

Postby bluebird12345 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Can't blame Trollope , i still blame tan sacking Malky why we are in the situation we are now
bluebird12345

Postby cityinmyblood » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:58 pm

He needs to go showing he not good manager by not changing things up go and get Karl Robinson from my dons at least he try play football and he used to having small budget.
cityinmyblood

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:06 pm

cityinmyblood wrote:He needs to go showing he not good manager by not changing things up go and get Karl Robinson from my dons at least he try play football and he used to having small budget.

Uh no.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:26 pm

All season - Nobody else would want the job :!:
TopCat CCFC

Postby nubbsy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:39 am

The full season
nubbsy

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:42 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Before he's off down the road :bluebird:

Well, I reckon he'll be given longer by the club than by so-called 'supporters' like you, fella! ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Ketteringblues » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:47 am

Being fair he should have 12 games.
There's just too much going wrong with the team at the moment to stick your head in the sand for a whole season. It's not as though he's new to the club or players. He must also take some of responsibility for the crap served up last season.
We haven't got the right players that play the formation we use. Square pegs in round holes.
Why the feck are we playing a counter attacking defensive back 5 whilst AT HOME?
Reading had over 65% possession!
I don't even think getting a new striker will help things. He'll get no service or support because our wing backs are shit and our midfield too slow. They prefer when receiving the ball to give the responsibility to someone else by playing sideways or backwards. Any momentum we have is then lost in an instant. It gives the opposition time to get men back behind the ball.
We sell Fabio, now Marshall and have a creative player in Huws and he doesn't play!?!
I seriously question whether Trollope has a bloody clue.
Ketteringblues

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:10 am

Ketteringblues wrote:Being fair he should have 12 games.
There's just too much going wrong with the team at the moment to stick your head in the sand for a whole season. It's not as though he's new to the club or players. He must also take some of responsibility for the crap served up last season.
We haven't got the right players that play the formation we use. Square pegs in round holes.
Why the feck are we playing a counter attacking defensive back 5 whilst AT HOME?
I don't even think getting a new striker will help things. He'll get no service or support because our wing backs are shit and our midfield too slow. They prefer when receiving the ball to give the responsibility to someone else by playing sideways or backwards. Any momentum we have is then lost in an instant. It gives the opposition time to get men back behind the ball.
We sell Fabio, now Marshall and have a creative player in Huws and he doesn't play!?!

This is surely not a serious post? :shock:

Much has gone right for a team in its early development and in a new system. If we had a decent goal-scoring striker and a few more patient fans, we might just be able to see that much of what the team do on the field of play is actually getting better!

The game against Reading was again a point in proof, as most people were happy with the overall performance until we went 1-0 down to a decent goal from a player who has caused us problems in the past (Leicester play-off semi-final at home being one example)

I hope he's given the season and I hope the club se that they have caused the on-field issues more than the fledgling manager/coach! ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:30 am

I agree, no point changing managers, leave him Trollope here for at least the season, Tan would only replace him with an even cheaper manager.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Personally, I could'nt understand the optimism when he was appointed. Suddenly, we were having a manager who was going to adopt a new match winning formation and we were going places. The same manager who was sacked by a Bristol Rovers side occupying one of the relegation places, the same manager who was part of the structure that provided us with so much underwhelming football last season, and a formation that is all very well if you have the right players to adapt to it. The appointmenet did'nt excite me, and as I have said before, quality players win games, not formations.
Steve Zodiak

Postby davids » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Personally, I could'nt understand the optimism when he was appointed. Suddenly, we were having a manager who was going to adopt a new match winning formation and we were going places. The same manager who was sacked by a Bristol Rovers side occupying one of the relegation places, the same manager who was part of the structure that provided us with so much underwhelming football last season, and a formation that is all very well if you have the right players to adapt to it. The appointmenet did'nt excite me, and as I have said before, quality players win games, not formations.

Too much emphasis has been placed on Trollope's "success" with Wales when we don't really know exactly how much influence (if any) he had on the way Wales play, just as we don't really know excatly how much involvement he had with Cardiff last season.

"Success" with Wales, part of a "failure" under Slade.

As he's now managing us I would say that it is his involvement with us last season that should have been looked at when he was appointed.

But let's not beat about the bush - Trollope was not appointed as part of some masterplan by experienced football me who had spotted a great talent just waiting to be given the opportunity to unleash a masterful playing style on a mid table Championship team, he was appointed because he was cheap, available, at the club already and exactly the sort of yes man that is the only manager our current owner will ever contemplate appointing for as long as he remains the owner of the club.
davids

Postby tylorstown18891 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:51 pm

agree the football has definetly improved :thumbup: id like to see him change the system though
tylorstown18891

Postby davids » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:57 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
agree the football has definetly improved :thumbup: id like to see him change the system though

No disrespect to you at all but do you honestly think that the football has improved :o

I always thought that the football from Slade's time with us was dull and functional but this season it's been so bad I've actually begun to miss Slade! :o :o

Just can't see even a suggestion that Trollope's way of playing is starting to work.
davids

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:54 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:

Are you an actual Cardiff supporter or a troll?
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Ketteringblues » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Sven wrote:
Ketteringblues wrote:Being fair he should have 12 games.

This is surely not a serious post? :shock:

Much has gone right for a team in its early development and in a new system. If we had a decent goal-scoring striker and a few more patient fans, we might just be able to see that much of what the team do on the field of play is actually getting better!

The game against Reading was again a point in proof, as most people were happy with the overall performance until we went 1-0 down to a decent goal from a player who has caused us problems in the past (Leicester play-off semi-final at home being one example)

I hope he's given the season and I hope the club se that they have caused the on-field issues more than the fledgling manager/coach! ;)

Yes it was a serious post you cheeky git.

What you think of my option is irrelevant, so there's no need for the stupid comment.
I'm not happy with 32% possession at home against a side who were in the bottom 5. Are you???
I'm sure you'll be still happy clapping and proclaiming what lovely, sideways and backwards football our developing side play as we're relegated out of this league.
Ketteringblues

Postby Reza » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:34 pm

We're in for a relegation battle we're averaging a point a game and we haven't played any of the bigger/stronger teams yet,rotherham finished with 49 last yr so if ppl think we're not gna be in a relegation battle must see something different
Always be blue
Reza

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:59 pm

He has to be given the season,unfortunately however he is just another puppet for Tan to control,therefore the length of time he is Manager becomes effectively irrelevant.
Yes the club are in a relegation battle and basically have to somehow win another 14/15 matches,at the moment that seems very tricky.
Plymuff Bloobird

Return to General Chat