Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/ OPINION TODAY "IF CARDIFF CITY DO NOT "

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:56 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

IF CARDIFF CITY DO NOT SIGN A STRIKER WE WILL GO DOWN

CARDIFF CITY WERE BOOED OF THE PITCH TODAY

CARDIFF CITY PLAYED WELL THE FIRST HALF AND CREATED PLENTY OF CHANCES AND IT TO BE FAIR WAS ENJOYABLE.
BUT CITY LOOKED LIKE THEY HAD RUN OUT OF STEAM IN THE SECOND HALF AND A CRUEL GOAL IN THE 89TH MIN GAVE RWADING 3PTS.

So with David Marshall sold, City started the game with young goalie Ben Wilson and Sean Morrison as Captain.

Ex Cardiff City player Chris Gunter was given a good reception by the City faithful.

CARDIFF CITY READING

Team : Wilson, Peltier, Morrison, Connolly, Richards, Harris, Whittingham, Ralls, Gunnarrson, Immers and Pilkington.

Subs : Amos, Manga, Ajayi, Noone, Huws, Gounongbe and Le Fondre

Crowd 15,013
Away Support 850 Approx(Reading)

Cardiff City went in to this game after a good hard fought away draw at Fulham and with City having won their last home game,plus Reading struggling near the bottom of the Championship, City fans were expecting 3pts today.

The shock for City fans today was hearing that Cardiff City goalie David Marsh was sold and transfer listed Adam Le Fondre was on the bench.

City came to a fairly good atmosphere and started with Sean Morrison as Captain.

Both teams went for an early lead.

In the 13th Kadeem Harris did all the running, putting Jazz Richards in a great position, who had a shot tipped over the bar.

16th minute good work by Pilkighton with a shot in, for Immers to hit just over the bar.

It was becoming all City with Pilkington now having a shot just over.

31mins Bruno Manga replaced an injured Lee Peltier.

Later on Gunnarsson did an important block in the penalty box.

Just before half-time, a long throw was headed back out to Gunnarsson he crossed it in but Immers headed it over should have probably hit the target.

We played well but did only have 34% posession at home in the first-half.

Half-time CCFC 0 Reading 0

City started well with Sean Morrison shooting wide.

Lex Immers was replaced by Gounongbe in the 55th min.

City started to let Reading get in control of the game.

Reading for periods were all over City.

Craig Noone was brought on in replace of Gunnarsson, No one was put in the middle

Then bang out the blue Reading did what Cardiff could not and scored 0-1 Reading.
City now started to take control again with Kadeem's great runs.

My man of the match Kadeem Harris :thumbright:

Full-time CARDIFF CITY 0 READING 1

Up next Norwich City away, a week on Saturday :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/ OPINION TODAY "IF CARDIFF CITY DO NOT "

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Agree Pilkington is f*cking useless.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Agree Pilkington is f*cking useless.

No he's not.

Are you that much of a tool that you can't realise that he's been played out of position? hes not a center forward.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:02 pm

How long do you think Trollope needs/should get to steady the ship and start producing some results?

We've conceded late goals in 4 of our 5 league games this season, and in the EFL Cup. Clearly something is wrong, or it wouldn't be happening so regularly.

Disappointed, but the longer the game went on, the more I felt they would snatch it. Just like QPR did, Reasong have come and offered nothing, but let with three points.

nubbsy wrote:

No he's not.

Are you that much of a tool that you can't realise that he's been played out of position? hes not a center forward.

Yeah thats what I mean hes useless upfront you tool.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:03 pm

You're lack of understanding of football continues to baffle me, given how much you are on this website. Pilks is not a striker, and so any issue with his performance in that role is not a problem with him but with our coaching staff who keep putting him there.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:04 pm

clueless :?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

No he's not.

Pilks was a live wire today, caused Lot of problems especially first half. But he needs to be played in midfield

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm sick and tired of Pilks being played upfront he is total useless there.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:07 pm

I think relegation this season will be when and not if. We could have PL teams each side of us next season, the Wurzzels look the real deal this season and in a superb new stadium :bluebird:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:07 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:

Thank god you're not the manager if you think Pilks is not useless upfront.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

No he's not.

Pilks was a live wire today, caused Lot of problems especially first half. But he needs to be played in midfield
sadly for pilks were not playing his formation,i think we need to go to 4231.it baffles me why were using this formation as we had one of the best defences last season with just 4 :thumbup:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

What a stupid comment. It's our manager who is selecting Pilks upfront! :D

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

no you said pilks is useless you didnt say nothing about what position hes useless in.pilks is one of the best wingers in the league

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:10 pm

KWest wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

And it baffles me tbh.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
KWest wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

And it baffles me tbh.
you need to be more on point with your comments rydo otherwise people will read it differently from your actual opinion :thumbup:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:13 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

no you said pilks is useless you didnt say nothing about what position hes useless in.pilks is one of the best wingers in the league

Hes useless upfront there I said it and Pilks is not one of the best wingers in the league he is average.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:14 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
KWest wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

And it baffles me tbh.
you need to be more on point with your comments rydo otherwise people will read it differently from your actual opinion :thumbup:

Point taken.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Jonesy1927 wrote:How long do you think Trollope needs/should get to steady the ship and start producing some results?

About 3 times as long as most are prepared to give.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:19 pm

In this formation you need pace outside of your deep midfielders, we have Pilkington and Ralls, Fred, Immers....

You have 6 players holding 3 CH, 2 Def mid and the keeper. Your remaining five have to have to have pace, maybe one with good movement that is Immers. So the remaining four are the two wing backs we have Harris and John (don't know about the new boy) you have to have a work hungry pacey striker to run the channels and hold the ball up, oh and score! The other player should be a pacey central midfielder who always tries to move forward and joins in the attack... This is?

For me these are the two gaps the pacey driving midfielder and the striker.

I would drop Whitts or Gunnar, probably the latter, and play Immers alongside Whitts deeper as a holding midfielder who looks for that early pass. Bring Huws in.

Amos

Manga
Peltier
Connolly

John
Harris

Whitts
Immers
Huws?

New number 10 PACE!
New striker PACE!

Oh not going to happen by the way :-(

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Pilks looks out of place upfront, its just not working up front at all. And when they do get chances they are not taken because its not natural to them, like the few Immers headers today. Imagine Kenwyn was playing? He deffo of had one of them.

Today was the first time i thought Fred was cack, missed some closes passes, laid it off to thin air and must have a cube shapped head.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:29 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

Hes useless upfront there I said it and Pilks is not one of the best wingers in the league he is average.
name me a player with pilks pace who can go past players and finish like he can?Have you ever played a game a football in ur life?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Logie wrote:Pilks looks out of place upfront, its just not working up front at all. And when they do get chances they are not taken because its not natural to them, like the few Immers headers today. Imagine Kenwyn was playing? He deffo of had one of them.

Today was the first time i thought Fred was cack, missed some closes passes, laid it off to thin air and must have a cube shapped head.
kj is the best striker weve had since ross nd chops :thumbup:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Annis, can't comment on the match because I wasn't there and have been working all day.

But from what I have seen and heard this season, you're absolutely right. We are likely to go down if we don't sign a striker.

People will laugh it off, but relegation is a possibility - can say that even this early in the season.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:59 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

name me a player with pilks pace who can go past players and finish like he can?Have you ever played a game a football in ur life?

There's plenty of wingers Johnny Russell is one and Pilks has no pace he barely goes past players he cuts inside just like Noone you must be watching a different player and yes I have played football before what's that got to do with anything? :?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:03 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

There's plenty of wingers Johnny Russell is one and Pilks has no pace he barely goes past players he cuts inside just like Noone you must be watching a different player and yes I have played football before what's that got to do with anything? :?
i didnt say he was the best but one of and obviously if u did you'd respect what type of player pilks is :D

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:11 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

i didnt say he was the best but one of and obviously if u did you'd respect what type of player pilks is :D

Mate, most everyone never bothers debating with this guy. He's proved time and time again his knowledge of football is virtually non-existent.
The whole world knows Pilks is not a striker but he's doing a decent job in the circumstances and had a good game today.
He certainly isn't shit.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:11 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

Pilks is an average inconsistent player me playing football won't change that. :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Signing a striker isn't going to change a damn thing, Trollope needs to go back to the drawing board and do something with this rigid 5-3-2 he insists on playing.