Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Gunter

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:12 pm

What the f**k is this big love-in that people are giving Chris Gunter down here today?

Everytime he gets the ball there's people clapping the guy.

Yes he's done well for Wales, but let's be fair he was nothing but a dick when playing for us

Re: Chris Gunter

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Big part of greatest Welsh football team ever,show some respect

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:22 pm

since64 wrote:Big part of greatest Welsh football team ever,show some respect

What the same respect he showed our club before and after he left?

Would Joe Allen have the same treatment if he came here with stoke? Or Ashley Williams with everton? I think not

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:28 pm

sid61284 wrote:
since64 wrote:Big part of greatest Welsh football team ever,show some respect

What the same respect he showed our club before and after he left?

Would Joe Allen have the same treatment if he came here with stoke? Or Ashley Williams with everton? I think not

From you obviously not :lol:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:01 pm

I agree with you Sid, Gunter has always been a tosser playing against Cardiff and would go out of his way to ignore Cardiff fans.

Embarrassing to have so many fans with such short memories

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:07 pm

When Wales are shit we hate him.

When Wales are great we love him.

Strange one.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:12 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:I agree with you Sid, Gunter has always been a tosser playing against Cardiff and would go out of his way to ignore Cardiff fans.

A lot of fans may not have been around when he left us for Spurs. The disruption he caused in the changing room, publicly making out he was better than Cardiff. Just to end out back at same/lower level than Cardiff for most of his career.

Can remember he was hated by most of the squad at the time and majority of the fans

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:21 pm

sid61284 wrote:
BrightBlueFuture wrote:I agree with you Sid, Gunter has always been a tosser playing against Cardiff and would go out of his way to ignore Cardiff fans.

A lot of fans may not have been around when he left us for Spurs. The disruption he caused in the changing room, publicly making out he was better than Cardiff. Just to end out back at same/lower level than Cardiff for most of his career.

Can remember he was hated by most of the squad at the time and majority of the fans

That's not how I remember it...I believe he was sold to Spurs because we were skint..don't think he ever said he was to good for us and he used to get terrible stick from our fans every time he played against us

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Fans by me shouted at him saying well done for Wales but your still a c**t ;)

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:40 pm

And why are we clapping la fondre during his warm up. Nothing but a leach on the club.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:24 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
sid61284 wrote:

That's not how I remember it...I believe he was sold to Spurs because we were skint..don't think he ever said he was to good for us and he used to get terrible stick from our fans every time he played against us

I take you weren't at the Forest game when he wound up the Ninian Stand all the way through the game and at the end ?

Until then I was indifferent toward him but that was out of order. He was noticeably more respectful today but many of us won't forget that Forest game.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:57 am

piledriver64 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
sid61284 wrote:

I take you weren't at the Forest game when he wound up the Ninian Stand all the way through the game and at the end ?

Until then I was indifferent toward him but that was out of order. He was noticeably more respectful today but many of us won't forget that Forest game.

Yep, there are two different versions of 'why' he left the club and one of those was that the club 'cashed in' on him. Subsequent comments from Gunter once he'd gone appeared to confirm that he thought he was better than Cardiff City FC and those players he left behind

Following his very brief sojourn into the Premier League with Spurs, I was at that Forest game and he showed a total lack of respect for City fans and actually goaded them during the game and particularly after the Forest goal

Not someone I'd ever welcome back (in the same vein as Ledley) and a few did have a pop at him when he came close during the first half of the Reading game. "This is not a Wales game, Judas!" and "That colur suits you!" were about it!

Not too much in comparison to other games he's played back here and (in his defence) he did try to acknowledge our fans at the end (with little response, as the stand had emptied) :laughing6: