' Getting our house in order '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:48 am

Most want won't to hear this and plenty will disagree," lack of ambition " or " asset stripping " will be thrown about but ultimately the club is getting its house in order. Yes maybe different reasons or motives but if you are running a business or addressing your finances and they are not in shape, the first thing is to get them in order. It might be because of previous mistakes, you might have to make sacrifices you don't want to ( David Marshall ) but ultimately if your house isn't in order then firstly you can't move forward and secondly the repercussions will be more severe than the other option.

We are weakening our team but every cloud has a silver lining and opportunity for others. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Getting our house in order

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:03 am

Good post hit the nail on the head. :thumbright: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby MalagaCF » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:41 am

Problem without us getting the house in order is that we won't get many good results, the quality dished out on the field will be average to mediocre. Finances will be worse as fans stay away.
MalagaCF

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:51 am

Out of the players going, only Marshall and maybe Fabio to a lesser extent have weakened the side.

Bennett, Huws and Richards, will hopefully make up a bit for this.

It's sad, but it HAS to be done
Lawnmower

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:54 am

MalagaCF wrote:Problem without us getting the house in order is that we won't get many good results, the quality dished out on the field will be average to mediocre. Finances will be worse as fans stay away.

To an extent your correct and its that balance that is difficult to achieve. Still, it's quick cash as opposed to waiting for the fickle fans to return.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Welsh Exile » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Problem without us getting the house in order is that we won't get many good results, the quality dished out on the field will be average to mediocre. Finances will be worse as fans stay away.

To an extent your correct and its that balance that is difficult to achieve. Still, it's quick cash as opposed to waiting for the fickle fans to return.

I don't think many fans will return until Tan goes, and if he doesn't get a buyer before he pays the debt off (another 4 years) perhaps by then they won't come back full stop.

I hate being negative and I hope the club give us something positive, a win today and a striker coming in before Wednesday could at least give us some hope. Then it's down to Trollope and his team, after all that is his job.
Welsh Exile

Re: ' Getting our house in order '

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Agree with the OP to an extent but there must be a balance and honesty from the club! :thumbup:

Can't see too many arguing against "getting our house in order" but equally numbers of attending fans will keep dwindling if we are not challenging. It's a sad fact but City fans (particularly the younger ones) have become accustomed to relative success and aren't prepared to take a little pain for long-term gain ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Sven wrote:Agree with the OP to an extent but there must be a balance and honesty from the club! :thumbup:

Can't see too many arguing against "getting our house in order" but equally numbers of attending fans will dwindling if we are not challenging. It's a sad fact but City fans (particularly the younger ones) have become accustomed to relative success and aren't prepared to take a little pain for long-term gain ;)

Good post Chris :thumbright: :thumbright:

Get our house in order, but at the same time some of it has to be speculated so that we still succeed and we need a striker NOW :thumbright:

Tan caused the mess, no more blaming others

Tan has run our club for 7 years that's long enough to put our house in order.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby MalagaCF » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

I don't think many fans will return until Tan goes, and if he doesn't get a buyer before he pays the debt off (another 4 years) perhaps by then they won't come back full stop.

I hate being negative and I hope the club give us something positive, a win today and a striker coming in before Wednesday could at least give us some hope. Then it's down to Trollope and his team, after all that is his job.

Yes, you are both correct. Thinks its going to be a long hard season, but I hope I'm wrong.
MalagaCF

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Whichever way you look at it, selling your best player is the last option you should take when you have a billionaire owner along with an investment banker that have an army of whizzkid bean counters who should be able to massage figures to avoid precisely this. Yes, we need to reduce outgoings but if there really is no alternative than having to sell our best player given our owner and directors status and 'expertise' then, sorry, I and probably the majority are simply not buying it.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Jasonccfc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Most want won't to hear this and plenty will disagree," lack of ambition " or " asset stripping " will be thrown about but ultimately the club is getting its house in order. Yes maybe different reasons or motives but if you are running a business or addressing your finances and they are not in shape, the first thing is to get them in order. It might be because of previous mistakes, you might have to make sacrifices you don't want to ( David Marshall ) but ultimately if your house isn't in order then firstly you can't move forward and secondly the repercussions will be more severe than the other option.

We are weakening our team but every cloud has a silver lining and opportunity for others. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Great post mate :ayatollah:
Jasonccfc

Postby eddiep » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:02 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Most want won't to hear this and plenty will disagree," lack of ambition " or " asset stripping " will be thrown about but ultimately the club is getting its house in order. Yes maybe different reasons or motives but if you are running a business or addressing your finances and they are not in shape, the first thing is to get them in order. It might be because of previous mistakes, you might have to make sacrifices you don't want to ( David Marshall ) but ultimately if your house isn't in order then firstly you can't move forward and secondly the repercussions will be more severe than the other option.

Great post mate :ayatollah:

Sad to see Marshall go.

But it feels right.
We are starting again and we can only cut off what we can chew.

A bit of austerity now

Should make us stronger, for longer

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:24 pm

Great post !!

Most of us have grown up with us selling our best players season on season, but so far (hopefully) no mention of petition to wind up are not even thought about anymore.

When Tan arrived we were a mid ranking championship club under threat of closure every season, a season of restructure is what is needed. We turned our backs on Tan (rightly) but this is what we are, a 10K core fan championship club that hopes for a cup run or flirt with the playoffs.

Sad to see Marshy go, but i have seen so many good un's leave i have grown accustomed to it.
llan bluebird

Postby theclaw » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

They would return if Tan got his wallet,they just not into supporting a struggling team!
theclaw

Postby Neokutai » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:16 pm

If Tan had just come out and said we need to cut costs and to bear with him while things were sorted I think most fans would have got behind it. In the end it came down to Red = Investment, Blue = No investment. We are now in a position where there was money available but Tan has said we can't have it because we won't be his red pet project any longer.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby pontlliwblue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm

I accept that the money we wasted under ogs caused us to get hit by financial fair play last season and we need to get out wages under control but can someone explain how Darby are getting away with it. They spent a fortune last season and continue to do so. Will they get sanctioned later this season or am I missing something?
pontlliwblue

Postby buckleys brewery » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:58 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:I accept that the money we wasted under ogs caused us to get hit by financial fair play last season and we need to get out wages under control but can someone explain how Darby are getting away with it. They spent a fortune last season and continue to do so. Will they get sanctioned later this season or am I missing something?

Maybe their income streams are quite strong.
buckleys brewery

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:07 pm

What wvwry fan forgets is the fact the balance between premier league income and championship income is so appallingly wide that every club that goes down and stays down will have this issue if you bounce back then fine pay a fine and have down with it if not you are as fucked as we find ourselves

Your talking £150m in tv rights alone dropping by well over £100m when relegated and staying relegated every club will continue to be in trouble it's the ones that remain prudent in premier league that are ok when they come down, no wage rise clauses no marque signings and sticking to a wage structure that is manageable when you drop and then if you don't go up gradually reducing that over the four seasons of parachute payments to remain within FFP RULES unfortunately we went after bouncing back up with an unproven manager that had no idea and we spent way beyond our means on average players and find ourselves now for two seasons drastically reducing costs by any means necessary to remain with FFP rules

Very sad situation but hopefully we now use a wage structure that fits our resources going forward
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby john52 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:50 am

Sorry but nowhere convinced that all this cutting is just to get our house in orde rMore to do with tan just bgtting as much money back as possible before he goes
john52

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:Agree with the OP to an extent but there must be a balance and honesty from the club! :thumbup:

Can't see too many arguing against "getting our house in order" but equally numbers of attending fans will dwindling if we are not challenging. It's a sad fact but City fans (particularly the younger ones) have become accustomed to relative success and aren't prepared to take a little pain for long-term gain ;)

Good post Chris :thumbright: :thumbright:

Get our house in order, but at the same time some of it has to be speculated so that we still succeed and we need a striker NOW :thumbright:

Tan caused the mess, no more blaming others

Tan has run our club for 7 years that's long enough to put our house in order.

Annis just think about what you have just posted. Tan is to blame for the mess (speculating in the past) and now you want him to repeat that by 'speculating' on spending money on a striker who may or may not deliver the goals we need. :?

It's one or the other you simply can't beat Tan with a stick left right and centre without it starting to sound like some obsessive behaviour which benefits no-one. Not only that you personally are losing credibility because your posts are so unbalanced and have no objectivity when it comes to Tan and the running of our great club.

For my ten bobs worth although I'm frustrated at the fact we are a goal scorer away from possible a top 6 position I would prefer the club to continue to cut it's cloth so we are eventually self-sustainable.

For all of Tan's faults my fear is returning to the days of Peter Ridsdale and HMRC winding up orders. The rebrand was terrible mistake but compared to the club folding for not paying it's tax bill it is well down the list.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:08 am

john52 wrote:Sorry but nowhere convinced that all this cutting is just to get our house in orde rMore to do with tan just bgtting as much money back as possible before he goes

So FFP breaches, the wage bill and the end of parachute payments is not enough? :roll:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:32 pm

john52 wrote:Sorry but nowhere convinced that all this cutting is just to get our house in orde rMore to do with tan just bgtting as much money back as possible before he goes

Vincent tan has never taken a single penny out of this club that is at present a FACT

He has also agreed to write off the remainder of the debt over 4 seasons meaning he's further out of pocket

Don't understand why people write this tripe when it is as far away from the truth as it can possibly be
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby darran1927 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:43 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:

Vincent tan has never taken a single penny out of this club that is at present a FACT

He has also agreed to write off the remainder of the debt over 4 seasons meaning he's further out of pocket

Don't understand why people write this tripe when it is as far away from the truth as it can possibly be

agree I hate Tan for what he did with the rebrand but apart from that he is sorting out the mess Sam/Risdale etc left with all the overspending. He has committed to saying we will be debt free within a few years and making the club self sufficent as the saying goes "short term pain for long term gain"
Alot of posters are only blaming Tan for the mess we are in now because he did the rebrand I guarantee you if he didn't do that then there wouldn't be as much hate towards him for the mess we are now in
darran1927

Postby wez1927 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:34 pm

darran1927 wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:

agree I hate Tan for what he did with the rebrand but apart from that he is sorting out the mess Sam/Risdale etc left with all the overspending. He has committed to saying we will be debt free within a few years and making the club self sufficent as the saying goes "short term pain for long term gain"
Alot of posters are only blaming Tan for the mess we are in now because he did the rebrand I guarantee you if he didn't do that then there wouldn't be as much hate towards him for the mess we are now in

good post ,the club are trying to be self sufficient which is a good thing
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bluebird since 1948 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Doesn't quite work like that though does it. We are hardly in any position to be sold are we.
Bluebird since 1948

Return to General Chat