Vince Alm City need to get a further £10million of their wag

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:24 pm

I hope vincent doesn't mind me doing it but it explains the current situation a bit more

Cardiff City need to get a further £10million of their wage bill

By Vince Alm

They needed to get a further 10 million at least off the wage bill they were hoping to move le fondre mecada etc along with one big name but no one wants them because they aren't very good.

We can not pay them up as that will still be accounted for in one lump sum in this year's accounts, so it appears that we have to sell another one of our assets maybe Marshall or Manga along with job cuts with staff and other cuts to avoid breaking FFP rules which would mean another transfer embargo and a fine.

Very sad state of affairs you can blame Malky and OGS for the mess with the players they brought in and the wages they agreed, they were the so called football experts
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: copied off vincent alm facebook post

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:51 pm

Fair enough,that explains alot cheers wez. But I'm afraid you give any manager an open cheque book from a billionaire and he's guna go crazy. Im not saying they spent well I'm saying they should never have been given the authority to dictate what wages they give or fees they pay. That fault falls high up at board level lets not run away from that fact and just blame the managers because that's just a cop out.
The harsh truth is the way this club had been run with complete lack of direction and experience is the reason were in this shit state, not a couple of managers.
nubbsy

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:56 pm

nubbsy wrote:Fair enough,that explains alot cheers wez. But I'm afraid you give any manager an open cheque book from a billionaire and he's guna go crazy. Im not saying they spent well I'm saying they should never have been given the authority to dictate what wages they give or fees they pay. That fault falls high up at board level lets not run away from that fact and just blame the managers because that's just a cop out.
The harsh truth is the way this club had been run with complete lack of direction and experience is the reason were in this shit state, not a couple of managers.

I think since choo has come along its got better the previous people have been awful tan has been taken for a ride
wez1927

Postby Reza » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:11 pm

How is it we are struggling with financial fair play and other teams spending millions

I know the likes of lefondre and dikgacoi was on massive wages but but how come we are the only team ffp seems to apply to
Always be blue
Reza

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:11 pm

Sorry but Tan is supposed to be a billionaire business genius....everything he has done at Cardiff would suggest he is an idiot

Him and his cronies are responsible for putting us in the mess we are....forget Malky and OGS overspending...who actually authorised all this spending Tan and his cronies....I'm sick off them all
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Reza wrote:How is it we are struggling with financial fair play and other teams spending millions

I know the likes of lefondre and dikgacoi was on massive wages but but how come we are the only team ffp seems to apply to

bigger crowds more income streams and probably not paying stupid money on players wages
wez1927

Postby Lawnmower » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Reza wrote:How is it we are struggling with financial fair play and other teams spending millions

Only last season or 2 have the likes of Brighton, Derby and Sheff Wed spent - and believe it or not both their turnover and wages were miles below ours until last season.

It will catch up on them, but also shows what shite value we were getting for our players
Lawnmower

Postby Blueboys1927 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:41 pm

Tan the business genius, give me a break :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blueboys1927

Postby Reza » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 pm

We must be the only team who managed to find a billionaire owner who wants to own a football club but doesn't want to really invest to make it a success cos it didn't go to plan the first time!

If it wasn't for him thinking he was a football guru we would never have had ole or spent the stupid money on contracts/fees

The guys a Fukin joke
Always be blue
Reza

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:55 am

wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Fair enough,that explains alot cheers wez. But I'm afraid you give any manager an open cheque book from a billionaire and he's guna go crazy. Im not saying they spent well I'm saying they should never have been given the authority to dictate what wages they give or fees they pay. That fault falls high up at board level lets not run away from that fact and just blame the managers because that's just a cop out.

I think since choo has come along its got better the previous people have been awful tan has been taken for a ride

I have always maintained that choo and dalman are working in the background. How an earth can Tan be running a football business from a different county?
Cardiffcitymad

Postby BracklaBlue72 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:09 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I have always maintained that choo and dalman are working in the background. How an earth can Tan be running a football business from a different county?

Pembrokeshire?
BracklaBlue72

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:01 am

Can't understand why this wasn't an immediate sticky.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Jasonccfc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:54 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Tan the business genius, give me a break :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another name :laughing6:
Jasonccfc

Postby Jules » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 am

wez1927 wrote:I hope vincent doesn't mind me doing it but it explains the current situation a bit more

They needed to get a further 10 million at least off the wage bill they were hoping to move le fondre mecada etc along with one big name but no one wants them because they aren't very good. We can not pay them up as that will still be accounted for in one lump sum in this year's accounts, so it appears that we have to sell another one of our assets maybe Marshall or Manga along with job cuts with staff and other cuts to avoid breaking FFP rules which would mean another transfer embargo and a fine. Very sad state of affairs you can blame Malky and OGS for the mess with the players they brought in and the wages they agreed, they were the so called football experts

hi all been a while and things seems to have deteriorated somewhat !!
good post Wez, so it looks Marshall has been sacrificed because the other pair will not go, if this is the case and with Marshall being very popular I hope the rest of the squad let those pair know.
BTW how is everyone 8-)
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Re: Vince Alm City need to get a further £10million of their

Postby since64 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:22 am

How you can blame former managers for this mess is beyond me,l must be living in a different world to some of yoy :lol:
since64

Postby riley1951 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:39 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Sorry but Tan is supposed to be a billionaire business genius....everything he has done at Cardiff would suggest he is an idiot

Him and his cronies are responsible for putting us in the mess we are....forget Malky and OGS overspending...who actually authorised all this spending Tan and his cronies....I'm sick off them all

yep he who calls the piper plays the tune, and that is VINCENT the clown TAN :bluebird:
riley1951

Postby epping blue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:08 am

since64 wrote:How you can blame former managers for this mess is beyond me,l must be living in a different world to some of yoy :lol:

I don't have an issue with blaming former manages but its a nonsense trying to pin any of this on Malky's. Most of his premiership acquisitions were moved on, only Cornelius at a significant loss. We took to the field at Fulham last week 6 of the starting line and 2 of the bench were Malky's team. He's been gone nearly 3 years and yet he's still providing the backbone of the team. Now we'll sell a Malky asset cause we cant even give away the players brought in under Tan's so called transfer committee.

The clubs hierarchy and their apologists will still blame Malky though.
epping blue

Postby RV Casual » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:13 am

He is 100% wrong to blame former managers. They would have/should have had a budget to adhere to.

It's whoever let us go beyond our means that is to blame.

The buck stops with Tan, end of.
RV Casual

Postby Aramore » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:34 am

epping blue wrote:
since64 wrote:How you can blame former managers for this mess is beyond me,l must be living in a different world to some of yoy :lol:

I don't have an issue with blaming former manages but its a nonsense trying to pin any of this on Malky's. Most of his premiership acquisitions were moved on, only Cornelius at a significant loss. We took to the field at Fulham last week 6 of the starting line and 2 of the bench were Malky's team. He's been gone nearly 3 years and yet he's still providing the backbone of the team. Now we'll sell a Malky asset cause we cant even give away the players brought in under Tan's so called transfer committee.

Which 6 were malky's? :?

1 Marshall - Dave Jones
2 Peltier - Slade
4 Morrison - Ole
16 Connolly - Malky
6 Richards - Trollope
17Gunnarsson - Malky
7 Whittingham - Dave Jones
8 Ralls - Academy signing while Dave Jones was here
12 John - Academy
10 Immers - Slade/Trollope
13 Pilkington - Ole

Substitutes

5 Ecuele Manga - Ole
9 Gounongbe - Trollope
11 Noone - Malky
24 Harris - Malky
25 Huws - Trollope
26 Zohore - Slade/Trollope
30 Wilson - Academy
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
Aramore

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:34 am

RV Casual wrote:He is 100% wrong to blame former managers. They would have/should have had a budget to adhere to.

I think it's fair to blame them, with the money Tan gave both to spend we should still be in the Prem.

It's their poor transfer dealings which have left us a mediocre Championship club with a lower Prem wage bill.
Lawnmower

Postby MalagaCF » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:34 am

Agree 100 per cent and Tan calls himself a business man.
MalagaCF

Postby since64 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:40 am

epping blue wrote:

You must have read me wrong Epping I'm in total agreement with you
since64

Postby nubbsy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:46 am

epping blue wrote:

Great post
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 am

Aramore wrote:
epping blue wrote:

1 Marshall - Dave Jones
2 Peltier - Slade
4 Morrison - Ole
16 Connolly - Malky
6 Richards - Trollope
17Gunnarsson - Malky
12 John - Academy
13 Pilkington - Ole

Substitutes

5 Ecuele Manga - Ole
9 Gounongbe - Trollope
11 Noone - Malky
24 Harris - Malky
25 Huws - Trollope
30 Wilson - Academy

Didn't malky give John and Ralls their senior contracts?
nubbsy

Postby RV Casual » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
RV Casual wrote:He is 100% wrong to blame former managers. They would have/should have had a budget to adhere to.

I think it's fair to blame them, with the money Tan gave both to spend we should still be in the Prem.

It's their poor transfer dealings which have left us a mediocre Championship club with a lower Prem wage bill.

I do get where you coming from mate but II will have to agree to disagree with you on this as I feel that the two things are different.

Regardless of whether the signings were poor, somebody should have been controlling the spend and the wages that were being offered with a bigger picture being looked at, ie relegation, there should have been a balance and that ultimately is the responsibility of the owner or the CEO so for me the buck stops with them at the end of the day.

The Manager can only spend and pay wages upto what he is allowed to at the end of the day, if we are in a mess now because we overspent then it is whoever let them that is to blame.
RV Casual

Postby Aramore » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Aramore wrote:
epping blue wrote:

1 Marshall - Dave Jones
2 Peltier - Slade
4 Morrison - Ole
16 Connolly - Malky
6 Richards - Trollope
17Gunnarsson - Malky
12 John - Academy
13 Pilkington - Ole

Substitutes

5 Ecuele Manga - Ole
9 Gounongbe - Trollope
11 Noone - Malky
24 Harris - Malky
25 Huws - Trollope
30 Wilson - Academy

Didn't malky give John and Ralls their senior contracts?

Academy players and John played like 3 times under Malky. If they were good enough any manager would have given them senior contracts.
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
Aramore

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:27 pm

epping blue wrote:

Good post.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:31 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Good post.

Yep, that was reflected in the figures put out yesterday :thumbup:

They surprised me (positively) tbh, but as always some tried to find the negatives depending on their view of Malky and his time here!

My own view remains that Malky messed it for for himself and had to go, but I've never doubted his managerial skills. He did what no one else had done for 50 years and that as no mean feat! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Agree with that Sven. Malkay was a superb manager but did himself in. The mess that we are I now really can't be attributed to him. Don't forget that it was Dalman responsible for OGS appointment and who said that he felt like he was 'the cat who got the cream". The clubs overall direction and key decisions have been made by those with no expertise in "FC Business" and those factors are ultimately responsible for precisely where we now are.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby john52 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:25 pm

When u say that Cardiff need to knock 10 million off wage bil Over what period is that. ? I thought the parachute payments were for that?
john52

Next

Return to General Chat