Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ** No more Cardiff City photos **

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Jon

The club are technically correct on this one and it would be a shame if they stopped you coming to the ground but, bloody hell, this is stretching it a bit far.

You know I have provided positive critique of your images over the years and I hope you approach either the club or one of the local agencies and find out whether you can still take photos albeit in a more official capacity

For the record I photograph in the region of 3 premiership matches per week now. CCFC will always be my side however, living in the NW, the Manchester-Liverpool sides have more photographic attraction for me than witnessing the club I love decline year in year out. And there comes a point where I would prefer to make £120 per game than lose £80 plus travel costs from Wigan and back.

Anyway at many of these Premiership grounds I always see people with cameras - and certainly iphones - and in my opinion, whilst technically they shouldnt be taking photos, they pose very little risk to the professional photographers like myself. That is not to say Jons pictures are not good - because some of them are pretty damn good.

Not good PR in my opinion. When Jon takes photos he is capturing the advertising hoardings and sending this advertising to a relatively wider audience - totally free of charge. And for those advertisers they must be happy at this.

Im not going to say rules are there to be broken but there are some rules that really dont need to be strictly enforced.

Good Luck in how you decide to play this one Jon.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Another example of the club going down the pan. The club needs good PR not bad.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:42 pm

f**k that keep taking them.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:00 pm

As someone who couldn't always get to all the games I enjoyed looking through the photos. What's wrong with our club they seem to go out of there way to make the whole enjoyment of supporting City misserable.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:26 pm

Bang goes the feeling attending a football match was much about escapism from normal life. Football fans got more rules and regulations to observe than on the outside! This is BS!!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:59 pm

That's a shame cos like everyone else I liked looking at your photos

Probably don't want pics of the stadium looking so empty,expecting a backlash maybe??

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:Wtf is going on with our club ? I hope we lose thousands of fans!!

Can we lose any more fans???? :digging2:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:42 pm

SamSheppardBluebird wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:Wtf is going on with our club ? I hope we lose thousands of fans!!

good question :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:24 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
SamSheppardBluebird wrote:

good question :lol:

With our best player David Marshall seemingly being flogged off and the atmosphere nazis now banning photos, I would suggest the answer is yes.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:30 am

I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that the photos show lots of empty seats..

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:42 am

That's so disappointing Jon. I'm gutted for you.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:50 am

MalagaCF wrote:It may be because the club dont want to advertise that our stands are empty and no one bothers to turn up any more.

This is it. :thumbup:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:17 am

robbo wrote:I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that the photos show lots of empty seats..

Last few weeks some posters have taken photos of empty stands and posted them on here i wonder if someone at the club is doing it because of that like a spiteful dig ? :?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:35 am

I'd like to say "Thanks" to you Jon. With your permission I've been using some of your pics in my blog for a few years now. I'll now have to go back to acquiring replacements from the Internet ! Many thanks from lifeofabluebird.blogspot.com

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:01 am

Ive thought more and more about this Jon, your a fan, you make no money out of it, you take photos for pleasure like thousands of others do, so are they going to ban thousands from taking photos of Cardiff City ate every game?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:03 am

sorry to hear that, they were enjoyed by quite a lot of the old buggars my old man knows, they look at them in the pub and keep up with a lot form what you show, including playing spot their mates in the crowd (the things they do to gamble! :lol: ), they won't be happy :old:

club is an absolute joke, run by small minded thick shit heads with no interest in football (unless its premiership) but they want it on the cheap.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:05 am

griff105 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:It may be because the club dont want to advertise that our stands are empty and no one bothers to turn up any more.

This is it. :thumbup:

Don't worry about that, tv cameras and the eggo will throw full light on that!

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:08 am

joncandy wrote:** No more Cardiff City photos **

By Cardiff City Fan/Season ticket holder

Unfortunately the club has written to me requesting that I refrain from taking photos at Cardiff City matches citing 'Ground Regulations 16 & 19).

Following this request I have decided it best that I comply and will end my 6 years of having taken photos at every single Cardiff City home game (yes every single game in the new stadium, including friendlies and several from Ninian Park)

I will continue to go but will no longer be watching from behind a camera lense :P

What happens Jon if everyone started taking photos..the club is wrong.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:16 am

Get the club to sign you up officially,Best photos to come out of our ground by a mile.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:27 am

Typical from the club. They just don't get it do they?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:40 am

Gutted for you mate - very poor of the club to do this :oops:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:15 am

How will they stop everyone with a phone ?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:Ive thought more and more about this Jon, your a fan, you make no money out of it, you take photos for pleasure like thousands of others do, so are they going to ban thousands from taking photos of Cardiff City ate every game?

Should spread the word and get every supporter in the ground to take photos every game.... What the going to do? Ban us all??

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks Jon for the high quality pics the club is out of order for doing this.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:Ive thought more and more about this Jon, your a fan, you make no money out of it, you take photos for pleasure like thousands of others do, so are they going to ban thousands from taking photos of Cardiff City ate every game?

Annis, I'm pretty sure the Law is on the club's side in that they 'have a right' to decline certain photography within the confines of the stadium

Part of it might well be over 'Image Rights' (or something similar) as I once had my camera and lenses taken off me at an event in the old Wembley Stadium. Being worth a few bob, I protested strongly until I was told my disabled wife (we were there for her to see an event) and me would be removed unless I handed it over!

It was explained that because of the type of camera it was (SLR with long lens) it infringed their copyright regulations for which media companies in attendance at the event had paid a lot of money and any I took could be an infringement of their rights; although he did say that I'd have been okay with a Kodak Instamatic (or similar)

I sort of understood that, as there was no danger of images from one of those getting into the wrong hands when taken from 100 yards plus, so I couldn't disagree with that one! LOL :lol:

Outside the stadium (might be classed as Street Photography) is a little different but even that depends on what is classed as a public area or not

Massive shame for Jon; he's a good photographer (I always thought he was at games 'officially') and it's just another thing the club are doing to that spits in the face of paying supporters :(

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:45 am

Sven wrote:

Annis, I'm pretty sure the Law is on the club's side in that they 'have a right' to decline certain photography within the confines of the stadium

Part of it might well be over 'Image Rights' (or something similar) as I once had my camera and lenses taken off me at an event in the old Wembley Stadium. Being worth a few bob, I protested strongly until I was told my disabled wife (we were there for her to see an event) and me would be removed unless I handed it over!

It was explained that because of the type of camera it was (SLR with long lens) it infringed their copyright regulations for which media companies in attendance at the event had paid a lot of money and any I took could be an infringement of their rights; although he did say that I'd have been okay with a Kodak Instamatic (or similar)

I sort of understood that, as there was no danger of images from one of those getting into the wrong hands when taken from 100 yards plus, so I couldn't disagree with that one! LOL :lol:

Outside the stadium (might be classed as Street Photography) is a little different but even that depends on what is classed as a public area or not

Massive shame for Jon; he's a good photographer (I always thought he was at games 'officially') and it's just another thing the club are doing to that spits in the face of paying supporters :(

Chris, it is 100%, but why the need for City to do this ? ? ?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:02 pm

Absolute disgrace by the club and no doubt yet again a poor move by the ever incompetent MR NASH.

Ffs get a grip Cardiff City soon please before the club becomes yet another laughing stock.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Such a shame Jon, as an exile in Shanghai I can only get back for around 8 games per season plus when we play away in London as I can fly straight into Heathrow and straight back out, so your photos were a great part of Sunday mornings. I understand rights etc., but this is unbelievable.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, it is 100%, but why the need for City to do this ? ? ?

Annis, I'm wondering of someone (likely another photographer or news group) has complained? ;)

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Re the above post I can be entirely confident that another photographer (or newsgroup) would not have complained. I take photos for a living and I can be totally sure Jon has not cost me any money. He is simply a supporter who is mixing two of his hobbies - and I refer to my earlier post on this thread.

I know many of the photographers at Cardiff and who work at Cardiff games and I would be extremely surprised if any of them complained.