Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

** No more Cardiff City photos **

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:41 pm

** No more Cardiff City photos **

By Cardiff City Fan/Season ticket holder

Unfortunately the club has written to me requesting that I refrain from taking photos at Cardiff City matches citing 'Ground Regulations 16 & 19).

Following this request I have decided it best that I comply and will end my 6 years of having taken photos at every single Cardiff City home game (yes every single game in the new stadium, including friendlies and several from Ninian Park)

I will continue to go but will no longer be watching from behind a camera lense :P

Re: ** No more Cardiff City photos **

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:49 pm

That's a pity John, I always enjoyed viewing you excellent pics, if I may say so.

Is that the real reason, do you think , that the club doesn't want you, or any one else for that matter, taking personal pics?
Seems a bit fascist to me!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:51 pm

It is on the terms and conditions (used to be printed on the back of tickets) and I figured that I would keep doing until they asked me stop. Unfortunately that time has come.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Really Sorry to hear Jon

Small minded by our club, they need to sort their own problems out

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:01 pm

Shame, I enjoyed them :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Sorry to hear this John , really enjoyed your photos seems a bit petty to stop you taking pics :old:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Enjoyed your photos mate, pathetic by the club

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:05 pm

The club are getting worse by the day. Treat loyal fans like shit whilst trying to get old fans back. Way to go City. :oops:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:10 pm

Gutted for you john

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:10 pm

Unbelieveable. What harm did it do?
Very disappointing.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Wtf is going on with our club ? I hope we lose thousands of fans!!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:12 pm

What absolute bollox. Will the club ban everyone taking photos inside the ground with their phones? Jon's pictures were a nice addition to what is becoming an increasingly blande matchday, as reflected in a stadium that is almost 70% empty. It's not as if Jon made any money on the pictures, just a regular fan who likes taking photos.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:15 pm

FFS haven't the club got more important things to sort out than someone taking decent photos for us all to enjoy!!!!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Not good

We should all take photos and send them to John

Ffs Nash. (ruined the vibe since he got here)

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Gutted. For you and me! As an exile in Africa your photos have given so much pleasure over the years... Truth be known I've enjoyed them more than the official match reports and highlights.

But take it as a compliment ... Yours are far better than those produced by the club so it's a back handed compliment.

They should employ you really!!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:44 pm

This a great shame. People who live a long way away enjoy looking at the pictures.

Thank you for posting them over the years.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:51 pm

joncandy wrote:It is on the terms and conditions (used to be printed on the back of tickets) and I figured that I would keep doing until they asked me stop. Unfortunately that time has come.

I understand the terms and conditions bit but if you wasn't making money out of it then no real harm done unless other media people have had a moan

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:55 pm

I was told the same thing back in the day at NP.... Most of my photos were away games though :)

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Bullshit mate. Like to have a look at them never found myself on there tho. Bullshit copyright shit I expect

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:43 pm

The club appear to be losing the plot big time, not the best way to make friends and build on existing relationships with long standing fans,- do they want people to support the club any longer?

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:48 pm

It may be because the club dont want to advertise that our stands are empty and no one bothers to turn up any more.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:58 pm

MalagaCF wrote:It may be because the club dont want to advertise that our stands are empty and no one bothers to turn up any more.

I think that is quite near the truth. Even the Directors box is now only a third full.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:06 pm

MalagaCF wrote:It may be because the club dont want to advertise that our stands are empty and no one bothers to turn up any more.
thats what I said to my mate

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:11 pm

Enjoyed looking at your photos Jon over the years.

Maybe we should have a camera day all take our cameras to a game .
The day out experiance at modern football is getting worst.
Glad i am an oldie at least i enjoyed the old days standing on the Grange End plenty of atmosphere then. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Appalling. Don't know you personally Jon but could always rely on quality pics from you. A genuine fan providing a genuine service for genuine supporters.
The club is going down the pan.
They don't want anything to make the supporters enjoy themselves anymore. Totally baffling.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks for posting them Jon.

VERY much appreciated!

I hope the people still at the club who have bent over to Tan and bent right over to Police and authorities "regulations" all have what's coming to them.

Life at the club gets duller and duller by the minute

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:38 pm

Very sorry to hear this, Jon. I was out of the country quite a bit from 2010 to 2014, and missed a few games. Whatever the result, though, I always looked forward to your photos. Honestly, it was the next best thing to actually being at the game!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:38 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

I think that is quite near the truth. Even the Directors box is now only a third full.

Media suppression, and sanitizing the truth???

Absolutely appalling if true!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:46 pm

what, your photos are brilliant, i love looking at your photos after the game, see if my boy and me are in them, the city need to give you a job as a photographer, im going to do a 1 man protest, im going to miss your photos so much, what can we do :roll:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:49 pm

ha ha , we need a couple of f*cking strikers, but hay, somebody is taking photos, let sort that out first :lol: