Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ** No more Cardiff City photos **

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Cheers Jon for all the photos posted on here :thumbup:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:36 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Re the above post I can be entirely confident that another photographer (or newsgroup) would not have complained. I take photos for a living and I can be totally sure Jon has not cost me any money. He is simply a supporter who is mixing two of his hobbies - and I refer to my earlier post on this thread.

I know many of the photographers at Cardiff and who work at Cardiff games and I would be extremely surprised if any of them complained.

Great to hear, Paul. What is your considered opinion? Club just being petty, then? :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:07 pm

joncandy wrote:** No more Cardiff City photos **

By Cardiff City Fan/Season ticket holder

Unfortunately the club has written to me requesting that I refrain from taking photos at Cardiff City matches citing 'Ground Regulations 16 & 19).

Following this request I have decided it best that I comply and will end my 6 years of having taken photos at every single Cardiff City home game (yes every single game in the new stadium, including friendlies and several from Ninian Park)

I will continue to go but will no longer be watching from behind a camera lense :P

Carry on taking them mate as long as your camera is a certain size you can take them all day, just because yours are better quality than the ones they buy that's their problem, those mugs got bigger things they should be solving anyway ( the organisational mess )

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:21 am

I live in Australia and there is no bus to Cardiff so i don't get to many matches these days. I look through all of Jon's photo's after most games as they give me a real feeling of what the day is like for a regular fan like myself (if I was there).

I totally understand that he shouldn't be allowed to take photos if he was making loads of cash from the tabloids etc but to me, these are fan photos from a hobbyist.

I think this is shit PR for the club to be honest.

Thanks very much for all your effort taking and uploading your photos in the past Jon. It is much appreciated.

I hope it doesn't spoil your feelings for our wonderful club which is being tarnished by some terrible decisions like this.