Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' DAVID MARSHALL SOLD '

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Very sad news Annis. Great player for us.

He's been a brilliant servant for us though, and will wish him luck in the Premier League.

For me this is terrible news.

Ned, Ive been told this is def and he plays tomorrow, as we have no one to replace him, due to the the late loan signing from Bolton, there 2nd keeper.

Have to agree Annis, very bad news. He wins us a lot of points every season, easily at least ten. Probably our last financial asset as well when it comes to players, especially if Manga leaves.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Very sad news Annis. Great player for us.

He's been a brilliant servant for us though, and will wish him luck in the Premier League.

For me this is terrible news.

Ned, Ive been told this is def and he plays tomorrow, as we have no one to replace him, due to the the late loan signing from Bolton, there 2nd keeper.

Have to agree Annis, very bad news. He wins us a lot of points every season, easily at least ten. Probably our last financial asset as well when it comes to players, especially if Manga leaves.

His replacement

Cardiff City Stats ‏@CCFCStats

STATS: @Amos_40 in 2015-16
40 games
8 clean sheets
111 saves
1 penalty saved
150 successful claims
15 punches

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Why would they risk playing him if he's sold.to me that's unusual to say the least.

That's exactly what I thought. It's a hell of a risk for both clubs.

If he doesn't play tomorrow he's definitely off though :o Sad but he deserves one last big chance at the Prem.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:46 pm

I'll hold further comment on this one, as I've just heard it's not quite a done deal; partly due to Marshall himself needing time to think what's best for him and his family ;)

However, there has been confirmation that Hull City Yo-Yo's are very interested and (not unexpectedly) the City hierarchy (probably Vincent Tan and Ken Choo) feel the timing may be right for all concerned and an announcement either way will be made over the weekend or early week :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Sven wrote:I'll hold further comment on this one, as I've just heard it's not quite a done deal; partly due to Marshall himself needing time to think what's best for him and his family ;)

However, there has been confirmation that Hull City Yo-Yo's are very interested and (not unexpectedly) the City hierarchy (probably Vincent Tan and Ken Choo) feel the timing may be right for all concerned and an announcement either way will be made over the weekend or early week :ayatollah:

Chris, Marshall does not want to go, but City have done the deal there side,he won't stay in my opinion when your not wanted.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:54 pm

what a load of shite, as if we are gna sell our number one keeper who doesnt want to leave to a team where his direct opposition for the scotland number one shirt is there with him

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Reza wrote:what a load of shite, as if we are gna sell our number one keeper who doesnt want to leave to a team where his direct opposition for the scotland number one shirt is there with him

Ive been told its a done deal by City.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:59 pm

This sounds really true to me.

A club had bought a player for £2.5m, yet are letting him play 1 more game for his previous club

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:01 pm

sid61284 wrote:This sounds really true to me.

A club had bought a player for £2.5m, yet are letting him play 1 more game for his previous club

Its a done deal by Cardiff City, Marshall def did not want to go.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:I'll hold further comment on this one, as I've just heard it's not quite a done deal; partly due to Marshall himself needing time to think what's best for him and his family ;)

Chris, Marshall does not want to go, but City have done the deal there side,he won't stay in my opinion when your not wanted.

Annis, I'm afraid you are completely right on that! :thumbup:

A very settled Mrs Marshall and her young family are none to too happy right now and it's weighing on Marshy's mind but (as you said) it's becoming clearer the club WANT it to happen! :shock:

Can he commute? Not a chance. No one can be expected to go to Hull and back in such circumstances! :laughing6:

Immensely short-sighted by the decision-makers at the club and unsettling for the squad, as they will now know that no amount of loyalty (no matter how valuable they are to club and fans) will keep them here if there is even the sniff of a 'good deal', which I believe this is 100% not!

Not too sure he will play tomorrow now, but I hope fans sing his name regardless. Might just have an effect! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

So he won't be playing tomorrow then will he?

If it's a done deal between City and hull, neither team will allow him to play

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:09 pm

sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes he will be playing tomorrow, as thats the agreement.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:10 pm

He's not the same keeper he was 3 years ago and isn't worth what Hull are paying for him. Gets caught wrong footed too often these days. An un-necessary luxury and past his best. At least if he goes we can have an outfield player as skipper again.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:10 pm

BBC Wales ‏@BBCWalesSport
Cardiff City goalkeeper David Marshall is subject to a bid from Hull City.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good to hear he will play, Annis :thumbup:

Will go down as a City legend and deserves a massive send-off...and a clean sheet! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Talk sense Annis.

Neither club would agree to that.

If he's injured tomorrow and out for 6 months, Hull don't get their man and City don't get their cash. Neither side would risk it

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Can anybody seriously now say that the club have ANY ambition other than to stay in this division?

Would have been better to sell Marshall when there was a £5m offer for him a season ago, when Tan supposedly rang him and told him he wouldn't be sold.

Presumably Tan has now rung and told him he will be sold, for whatever pittance we can get for him.

Another perfect indication of the club's ambition going forward.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:13 pm

Mind you, he may refuse to go. I can't see the club sending him to the reserves if he refuses to go.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:14 pm

bluebird58 wrote:He's not the same keeper he was 3 years ago and isn't worth what Hull are paying for him. Gets caught wrong footed too often these days. An un-necessary luxury and past his best. At least if he goes we can have an outfield player as skipper again.

My friend you are absolutely entitled to your opinion but I could not disagree more.

We are looking to replace the best keeper in the Championship with someone from Bolton's reserves.

Only at Cardiff!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:16 pm

sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Talk sense Annis.

If he's injured tomorrow and out for 6 months, Hull don't get their man and City don't get their cash. Neither side would risk it

Well, one of you will be right come 3pm tomorrow and your disrespectful (in the absence of any alternate and informed knowledge) "talk sense" comment will hopefully bite you in the backside! ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:22 pm

So it's gone from a statement of fact to pure speculation I give up!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:25 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:So it's gone from a statement of fact to pure speculation I give up!

I have said he's sold, Ive not changed my comments, I wish I could.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:26 pm

sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Talk sense Annis.

Sid, just wait and see, Ive stated it and I stand by it sadly.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:28 pm

And downhill we go :) f**k tan I'll be glad when he's gone

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:29 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:So it's gone from a statement of fact to pure speculation I give up!

Not speculation. Bid accepted and both City clubs expect it to go through imminently ;)

Marshall not looking to leave and disappointed for his very settled family but realises the club have effectively 'done' him and accepts it's an opportunity to play in the Premier League again :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Good luck to him, the club is a selling club sadly.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Good for David, prob his last chance of a move.
Your source didn't know of Bennett signing ?

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Ibby wrote:Good luck to him, the club is a selling club sadly.

This 'deal' confirms it 100% :cry: :cry:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:32 pm

this is a low end fee, and in this market, hull have negotiated a very good deal. the problem with add ons based upon a team staying up is that they often don't, and you lose out big time - see the myriad players we sold to birmingham city which we received much less than the headline fee.

i thought the days of us selling our best players for knockdown fees was gone after we sold out for the rebrand, but those days are now back.

i do not blame marshall at all and hope he does well at hull - a consummate professional who has kept together this team in the past couple of years.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:33 pm

davids wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:He's not the same keeper he was 3 years ago and isn't worth what Hull are paying for him. Gets caught wrong footed too often these days. An un-necessary luxury and past his best. At least if he goes we can have an outfield player as skipper again.

My friend you are absolutely entitled to your opinion but I could not disagree more.

We are looking to replace the best keeper in the Championship with someone from Bolton's reserves.

Only at Cardiff!

You don't need the best keeper in the Championship to get promoted - Middlesborough did it last year with Konstatopolis in goal! Marshall is an expensive luxury who is past his best ( although still pretty good). I just wish his wages were going to be used to strengthen the team.