Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED ' DAVID MARSHALL SOLD '

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:If Marshall does not fancy the move, then he does not have to go.

That's not true, if a club wants you gone, I guarantee they know how to get rid off you and anyway would you stay at a club who wants to sell you?

I see what you mean, Annis, and that's true, but technically he would not have to go. That's the situation with Le Fondre and Macheda. That's where the comparison ends, though. Marshall wants to be playing, and to keep his place as Scotland's no1. If he can be guranteed to be playing week in, week out, in the PL, then it will probably happen. Just seems a strange move, especially now, with no manager at Hull City. And McGregor there as well! Time will tell.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Given his age, it's good business. The money we get should buy us some class up front. However as Leicester proved it's the manager that makes a team punch above their weight which we will have to this season. I'm not convinced Slade's assistant is the man for the job....yet

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:22 pm

None of this money will go to transfers. :bluebird:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Will be sad to see him go, he's been a good loyal servant to the club. I can't see us going out and buying anyone with the money we will probably get one or two on loan.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:None of this money will go to transfers. :bluebird:

Realy? That's a shock, what makes you think that?

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Quite simply, if this is true & if not of his own choice, we are a club that is selling its best player for a relatively measly fee given his proven profile. Staff redundancies also announced today. Tin hat time.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Sky Sports just said City have agreed a £3.5m bid and he has been left out of the squad for saturday,so doesn't look like we will get the chance to say goodbye

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:25 am

Marshall is worth 8-10 points to us a season and I'm sad to see him go.

I would like to say thank you as he's been a true professional throughout the ups and downs during his Cardiff City roller coaster ride.

Good luck and thankyou :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:09 am

Says a lot that a club like Cardiff sells their #1 and their back-up for peanuts. I wish if they had aimed to cash in on Marshal it would have been done in January inflated window, regardless of playoff push. As it stands 3.5 for Marshall and 500k for Moore, I would love to know how much it took to pay off Dikgacoi!? A loaner Keeper is not sufficient replacement IMO. Sad to say, I do not see any of the generated funds coming back to team in the form of a proven championship level striker which we are desperately lacking. For the first time, I feel as though Tan does want out of his failed project. We are cutting costs drastically, selling assets and leaving a bare bones squad.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:51 am

Down we go.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:03 am

llangainbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:If Marshall does not fancy the move, then he does not have to go.

That's not true, if a club wants you gone, I guarantee they know how to get rid off you and anyway would you stay at a club who wants to sell you?

I see what you mean, Annis, and that's true, but technically he would not have to go. That's the situation with Le Fondre and Macheda. That's where the comparison ends, though. Marshall wants to be playing, and to keep his place as Scotland's no1. If he can be guranteed to be playing week in, week out, in the PL, then it will probably happen. Just seems a strange move, especially now, with no manager at Hull City. And McGregor there as well! Time will tell.

Your last point is very valid as Marshall wants to be no 1 that's why he refused other clubs! So why go to an uncertain future and have to fight for 1st choice against his main rival in Scotland and with possible new manager who may not fancy him? Must put doubts in transfer surely.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:25 am

Everyone is up for sale and we just stuck with the ones no body wants. Relegation battle definetly

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:31 am

Oh well here we go again ...
Looks like this season is going to be like getting called to the headmaster for the cane and being asked to choose which one he's going to use on you .

Happy days .

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:

What like le fondre and macheda

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:39 am

FloridaBluebird wrote:Says a lot that a club like Cardiff sells their #1 and their back-up for peanuts. I wish if they had aimed to cash in on Marshal it would have been done in January inflated window, regardless of playoff push. As it stands 3.5 for Marshall and 500k for Moore, I would love to know how much it took to pay off Dikgacoi!? A loaner Keeper is not sufficient replacement IMO. Sad to say, I do not see any of the generated funds coming back to team in the form of a proven championship level striker which we are desperately lacking. For the first time, I feel as though Tan does want out of his failed project. We are cutting costs drastically, selling assets and leaving a bare bones squad.

Less tHan £500k to pay up dikgicoi

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:48 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Le Fondre wants to go and Macheda but NO Club can afford their wages and City wanted a transfer fee of £1mill for Le Fondre.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:50 am

llangainbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes of course he wants Scotland and top flight football, but his family and him love it down here and if he thought City were going to seriously challenge, I bet he be more than happy to stay.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:55 am

Complete travesty, he's worth at minimum £5-6m and this all smacks of a club in financial dire, where Tan is recovering as much as possible before selling at a lower price, because the assets will be buggar all.

The club is going in the wrong direction, led by non-football buffoons, we need new owners and new CEO and senior management very quickly, because the nose dive has started.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Le Fondre wants to go and Macheda but NO Club can afford their wages and City wanted a transfer fee of £1mill for Le Fondre.

The club is delusional on 1mil for Le Fondre, sometimes I get the feeling they come up with these valuations after just getting rescued trying to pass through a desert. Delusional

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:14 am

Sky are reporting that Marshall is not in the squad today and that we have accepted a bid of £3.5m, but if he has been sold then there is no way sky would know the figure, I reckon if he is sold the fee will be undisclosed :thumbup:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:25 am

Igovernor wrote:Sky are reporting that Marshall is not in the squad today and that we have accepted a bid of £3.5m, but if he has been sold then there is no way sky would know the figure, I reckon if he is sold the fee will be undisclosed :thumbup:

I heard it was £2.5mill upfront, then going up to £3.5mill on appearances, then could reach £5 mill at the end of the season.

Re: ' COULD THERE BE MORE TO AMOS SIGNING ? '

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:51 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Marshall won't go.

?

Re: ' DAVID MARSHALL SOLD '

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:54 am

sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
sid61284 wrote:This sounds really true to me.

A club had bought a player for £2.5m, yet are letting him play 1 more game for his previous club

Its a done deal by Cardiff City, Marshall def did not want to go.

So he won't be playing tomorrow then will he?

If it's a done deal between City and hull, neither team will allow him to play

Yes he will be playing tomorrow, as thats the agreement.

Talk sense Annis.

Neither club would agree to that.

If he's injured tomorrow and out for 6 months, Hull don't get their man and City don't get their cash. Neither side would risk it

Sid, I talked sense, I broke the news of what I heard way way before anyone else and I put it out, as it was told to me :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Sky are reporting that Marshall is not in the squad today and that we have accepted a bid of £3.5m, but if he has been sold then there is no way sky would know the figure, I reckon if he is sold the fee will be undisclosed :thumbup:

I heard it was £2.5mill upfront, then going up to £3.5mill on appearances, then could reach £5 mill at the end of the season.

I have been told the fee will only reach £5m IF Hull stay in the Premier League other than that the basic fee is £2.5m. Let's hope Hull survive because £2.5m for Marshall is as big a joke as the £250k Sheffield Utd once paid us for Nathan Blake.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:09 am

arri potta wrote:Complete travesty, he's worth at minimum £5-6m and this all smacks of a club in financial dire, where Tan is recovering as much as possible before selling at a lower price, because the assets will be buggar all.

The club is going in the wrong direction, led by non-football buffoons, we need new owners and new CEO and senior management very quickly, because the nose dive has started.

Victor is back :lol:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:15 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I have been told the fee will only reach £5m IF Hull stay in the Premier League other than that the basic fee is £2.5m. Let's hope Hull survive because £2.5m for Marshall is as big a joke as the £250k Sheffield Utd once paid us for Nathan Blake.

Gary, your prob right and I will check that now, I've just been told, the deal was done on Tuesday and Marshall will have his medical this coming Monday.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:16 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:laughing6: I remember the Blakey deal was conditional on SU staying in the Premiership at the time, & got relegated on the last day of the season.
The script has already been played!

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes of course he wants Scotland and top flight football, but his family and him love it down here and if he thought City were going to seriously challenge, I bet he be more than happy to stay.

Annis, never a truer word spoken on the whole Marshall (and club) situation! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, never a truer word spoken on the whole Marshall (and club) situation! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Chris and I stand by it.

Re: TROLLOP CONFIRMS: DAVID MARSHALL DEPARTURE "IMMINENT"

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:57 am

Paul Trollope has confirmed to Reporters that David Marshall's departure from the CCS is "imminent" :cry:

Reporter: "Is David Marsahll leaving?"

Paul Trollope: "Unfortunately, he is!"

This is the link (cannot cut and paste for some reason):

http://insidecardiffcity.co.uk/trollope-confirms-marshalls-imminent-departure/?

A sad day for Cardiff City FC, its fans and the happily settled in Cardiff Marshall family! :cry: