Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' DAVID MARSHALL SOLD FOR £2.5MILL-RISING TO £5MILL '

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:54 pm

UPDATED 27/08/16

PAUL TROLLOPE CONFIRMS DAVID MARSHALLS SALE TO HULL CITY :cry: :cry:

SAYING UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE TO SELL HIM.

CARDIFF CITY WILL GET £2.5MILL UPFRONT, £1MILL FOR SO MANY APPEARANCES, THEN £1.5MILL IF HULL CITY STAY UP IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

SKY SPORTS

CARDIFF CITY ACCEPT BID FOR GOALKEEPER DAVID MARSHALL FROM PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB HULL CITY

' UPDATED ' 26/08/16

DAVID MARSHALL SOLD

I've been told David Marshall will make his last Cardiff City appearance tomorrow against Reading.

Its believed Hull City have bought him for £2.5mill, rising to £3.5mill and rising again to £5mill depending on how many Premier League Appearances he has for Hull City.

I've also been told Marshall was very very happy at Cardiff City and did not ask to leave.

26/08/16 Cardiff City is pleased to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Ben Amos on a season-long loan from Bolton Wanderers

Amos was Boltons 2nd keeper.

Could there be more to Ben Amos signing for Cardiff City ?

I thought when Cardiff City sold Simon Moore to Sheffield Utd, Ben Wilson was supposed to be as good and would become the second choice at City.

Why are City bringing in another keeper when we have David Marshall and Ben Wilson as his understudy ?

There are just 6 days left of the transfer window.

Will David Marshall still be here in 7 days ? Hmmmmmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' COULD THERE BE MORE TO AMOS SIGNING ? '

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Could there be more to Ben Amos signing for Cardiff City ?

I thought when Cardiff City sold Simon Moore to Sheffield Utd, Ben Wilson was supposed to be as good and would become the second choice at City.

Why are City bringing in another keeper when we have David Marshall and Ben Wilson as his understudy ?

need 3 keepers what if both got injured ? no loan system this year

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Fair enough Wez, it's going to be very interesting what happens with Marshall from now to the 31st August, Hmmmmm?

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Thought can have special dispensation to sign goalie if such a need transpires?

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Fair enough Wez, it's going to be very interesting what happens with Marshall from now to the 31st August, Hmmmmm?

Selling Marshall will be the last straw for many people...I am completely disillusioned with how the club has been run by Tan and his cronies over the last 3/4 years....ineptitude of the highest order...what should have been glory years for the club have been a PR and financial disaster

No wonder we have lost so many loyal fans and we will lose more next season

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Why can't we have the penny and the bun. :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 pm

We always have 3 keepers - Moore wanted first team football and it was clear when he was sold it was good for all parties. As soon as he went, we were always going to need another keeper.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:31 pm

78blue wrote:

We always have 3 keepers - Moore wanted first team football and it was clear when he was sold it was good for all parties. As soon as he went, we were always going to need another keeper.

I hope your right and its that simple

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Marshall won't go.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Maybe if the main 2 keepers get injured the a youth keeper could come,
So Marshall could go.. Hope not and tbh not sure where he would go

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:09 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Marshall won't go.

He will if the right club comes in but the ball is in his court

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 pm

As much as I would hate to see him leave he deserves to play in the Premier League.... my concern is that he could end up at another Championship club.... that would show our ambition for the season!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Marshall won't go.

He will if the right club comes in but the ball is in his court

Correct, if he's offered a no.1 shirt at a PL he will be off

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:46 pm

Lets be honest... Trollope said he would be signing a replacement GK as soon as Moore left. Non starter this one sureley?

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
78blue wrote:

I may not be and he probably will be sold if a really good offer comes in - but we'd then have to sign someone else, so that's why I don't think the Amos signing is a sign he is going. Also, if there was a chance of him going I'd have thought Moore would have stayed here rather than dropping down a league?

I hope your right and its that simple

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Most ,clubs have 3 keepers, what if Marshall lost the plot again and gets sent off , even if we were allowed to sign a keeper on emergency loan we could end up with another Stephen Bywater!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:06 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Most ,clubs have 3 keepers, what if Marshall lost the plot again and gets sent off , even if we were allowed to sign a keeper on emergency loan we could end up with another Stephen Bywater!

Exactly!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:12 pm

I can't believe the naivety of the OP.
Every club needs three goalkeepers.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Just don't see anyone coming in for him.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 am

Marshall to Sunderland as Mannone is out for at least 3 months. I guessed it here first!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:00 am

bluebird58 wrote:

Marshall to Sunderland as Mannone is out for at least 3 months. I guessed it here first!

But Marshall won't go unless garaunteed 1st choice! Not as a stop gap. :roll:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:09 am

If they sold Marshal I think that would be the final straw for a lot of fans

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:09 am

If they sold Marshal I think that would be the final straw for a lot of fans

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I can't believe the naivety of the OP.
Every club needs three goalkeepers.

Exactly

Re: ' DAVID MARSHALL SOLD '

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:27 pm

' UPDATED ' 26/08/16

DAVID MARSHALL SOLD

I've been told David Marshall will make his last Cardiff City appearance tomorrow against Reading.

Its believed Hull City have bought him for £2.5mill, rising to £3.5mill and rising again to £5mill depending on how many Premier League Appearances he has for Hull City.

I've also been told Marshall was very very happy at Cardiff City and did not ask to leave.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Very sad news Annis. Great player for us.

He's been a brilliant servant for us though, and will wish him luck in the Premier League.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Very sad news Annis. Great player for us.

He's been a brilliant servant for us though, and will wish him luck in the Premier League.

For me this is terrible news.

Ned, Ive been told this is def and he plays tomorrow, as we have no one to replace him, due to the the late loan signing from Bolton, there 2nd keeper.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Wasn't expecting this tbh thought he'd stay but good luck to him he deserves PL football thanks for everything Marshy. :cry:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Why would they risk playing him if he's sold.to me that's unusual to say the least.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:39 pm

The only good thing is that Gunnar or Morrison should get the armband wasn't really a fan of Marshall being captain.