Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TROLLOP CONFIRMS: DAVID MARSHALL DEPARTURE "IMMINENT"

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:59 am

UPDATED 27/08/16

PAUL TROLLOPE CONFIRMS DAVID MARSHALLS SALE TO HULL CITY :cry: :cry:

SAYING UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE TO SELL HIM.

CARDIFF CITY WILL GET £2.5MILL UPFRONT, £1MILL FOR SO MANY APPEARANCES, THEN £1.5MILL IF HULL CITY STAY UP IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

Re: DAVID MARSHALL AREAS PERSONAL TERMS (REPORTS)

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:19 pm

BBC and SKY now reporting David Marshall has agreed terms with Hull City FC

He was originally in the team for today's game vs Reading but things moved quickly once the position was made clear to him

I wish David Marshall and his family all the very best for their fitures and Marshy himself for the super service and memories provided during his time at our club :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :notworthy:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Sven wrote:BBC and SKY now reporting David Marshall has agreed terms with Hull City FC

He was originally in the team for today's game vs Reading but things moved quickly once the position was made clear to him

I wish David Marshall and his family all the very best for their fitures and Marshy himself for the super service and memories provided during his time at our club :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :notworthy:

Yes all the best Marshall :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:24 pm

We should sign Josh Megennis, two birds one stone; striker and goalkeeper, both at which he's crap though :-)

Re: DAVID MARSHALL AGREES PERSONAL TERMS (REPORTS)

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:43 pm

For me this is the final straw we are just about scraping by with draws and if Marshall wasn't there last season we would of been mid table at the most. I can think of a load of games where he has either got us the win. Or draw by his excellent performances and he stayed loyal to us I wish him the best but it goes to show how bad our squad is when we were in the championship compared to now. We had tom hearing as our no 2 keeper bothroyd Bellamy and so on now we have a Bolton reject and cant score for love nor money im sick of diving in my pockets every week then see the club sell our best player yes it was inevitable he would go but to hull it just goes to show tan has no real ambition with us anymore hopefully hes just getting back a few million back and f*#+s off

Re: ' DAVID MARSHALL SOLD FOR £2.5MILL-RISING TO £5MILL '

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Initial fee now being reported by Sky as £3.5m

Rising to £5m or £5.5m depending on which report you believe

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Didn't not see that coming, was adamant he would stay.

I thought the hype since the Premier League season died down about his performances and ability.

Will be remembered here for a long time and it is sad to know he was happy here and wanted to stay.

For me currently right now I feel a bit unsafe with Tan and the board with the financial side of getting rid of players, yes it needs to be done but to get rid of two keepers who were number 1 and number 2 just doesn't look like a smart move by the club especially when we have an inexperienced youngster and a loan keeper (who I don't trust since Bywater) loan moves for keepers.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 pm

I'm seething about this. If the club had any ambition about returning to the PL, then we simply would not be selling a proven PL level GK and part of your core squad who loves playing for Cardiff & who's family is settled here. You'd be fighting tooth and nail to keep him. Marshalls loss is significant in terms of the clubs intent & will also have a detrimental effect on our results and I feel squad morale.

Good luck Marshy and thanks for some amazing memories. Consistently our best player and for me, City's best ever GK. A genuine City legend that will be greatly missed.

:bluebird: