Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' TOMORROW'S MEETING AT CCFC '

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:15 pm

This is so sad especially when you think the likes of LeFondre are taking home 25k a week, which is probably the same amount these guys earn in a year!

I've been there myself when company owners waste money then the hard working guys get cut to save a few quid.

Honestly the sooner LeFondre and Co p off the better.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:15 pm

RV Casual wrote:The academy does not seem to have worked to well over the past few years, we are hardly inundated with quality youngsters coming through the ranks.

Perhaps Tan does not feel he is getting the money's worth for what he is putting into it, if that's the case who can blame him.

Maybe, in the long run, it will be a good thing and will see us get rid of some dead wood.

Especially as apparently a youngster was snatched by man c recently , so why spend excessive amounts on something that isn't fit for perpose at the moment?

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
fred keenor wrote:This action may be the final nail
in the coffin for most supporters.
Tan and his front man choo have got away with it lightly over the last 18 months.
Perhaps the real Cardiff fans will stand up at least what is left of us :)

you can't run a academy of premier league standard on championship money ,the hard reality of our funding going after this season

You can if the sodding owner has said thats our future and is getting rid of high f***ing earners to replace with youth players

ain't they trying to get rid of the players ? looks like the club are trying to be self sufficient

I don't get what you mean? Surely by improving and having a successful youth system would be more beneficial than having to buy players at this level? Anyway you look at this its a negative for Cardiff City and Wales.

it's about having the right people and not throwing money around apparently the budget for the academy is on par with premiership clubs and it can't be sustained now we are not in the premiership

Whether this is the case or not, it is questionable how much value the club has gained from the academy in the last 6 or 7 years. Very few youth players have even got close to the first team, let only been consistently involved. Ralls is obviously the exception, with John staking a claim this year after being left out for the last couple. Any investment the club makes has to deliver value back; I'd much rather we had an academy that was delivering and if the strategy is wrong maybe this is the clubs way of putting a stop to throwing good money after bad. It may even be the case that the club doesn't need the level of staffing to deliver the same/better output - plenty of businesses cut back on staff because they can streamline what they have without losing output.

All of that said, it is of course never nice for anyone to lose a job (whatever the circumstances) so of course hopefully those impacted will find alternatives soon.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think a lot of people on this forum forget that this is a business, and it's a business that has lost a lot of money during recent times. Nobody or nothing is secure at a business like this, and it is starting to look as if selling players is not enough on it's own to reduce the debts and running costs to an acceptable level.
Tan has made it obvious that he is not prepared to subsidise the club any more than he has to, and any fans expecting a marquee signing a living on another planet. We will continue to offload anyone at the club, players or staff, if the club can continue to operate without those people.
As I've said numerous times, promotion is not on the agenda. Everything is geared to operating with the minimum expenditure while hoping to remain at our current level. The club will say the opposite, as does every business in the same position. They still need to attract fans through the gates and sell their merchandise. You can hardly expect them to come out and say that anyone and everything can go if the price is right.
We will be treading water for the forseeable future, and I hope we can survive in the Championship while costs continue to be cut. I still fancy us to finish around the middle of the table this season. At least I hope we can.

Spot on. Unfortunately a lot of fans will not have anything bad said about the management but the above post seems to be where the club currently is. Forget promotion, survival is the aim.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I think a lot of people on this forum forget that this is a business, and it's a business that has lost a lot of money during recent times. Nobody or nothing is secure at a business like this, and it is starting to look as if selling players is not enough on it's own to reduce the debts and running costs to an acceptable level.
Tan has made it obvious that he is not prepared to subsidise the club any more than he has to, and any fans expecting a marquee signing a living on another planet. We will continue to offload anyone at the club, players or staff, if the club can continue to operate without those people.
As I've said numerous times, promotion is not on the agenda. Everything is geared to operating with the minimum expenditure while hoping to remain at our current level. The club will say the opposite, as does every business in the same position. They still need to attract fans through the gates and sell their merchandise. You can hardly expect them to come out and say that anyone and everything can go if the price is right.
We will be treading water for the forseeable future, and I hope we can survive in the Championship while costs continue to be cut. I still fancy us to finish around the middle of the table this season. At least I hope we can.

I think that's the forlorn hope we all have Steve, because dropping a division would be another financial disaster.

I'm all for prudent budgeting and cost controls, and it's a pity sush fiscal management wasn't taken three or four seasons ago.

I think tan got taken for a ride in the first few years and Ken choo is the man sorting the finances out now

Fair play Wez,probably the most accurate statement in this whole thread.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Modern football :thumbup:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:24 pm

cant the boys at the top take some cuts, these are peoples only income, i doubt it though :cry:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:42 pm

More money the club can spend on Malaysian kids on there football jolly schools tan does over there the club are probably paying for and will never ever get one player from. You couldn't make it up :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:More money the club can spend on Malaysian kids on there football jolly schools tan does over there the club are probably paying for and will never ever get one player from. You couldn't make it up :lol:

So losing jobs just to support Malaysia what planet you on???

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:47 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Great sadness for the staff affected.
Perhaps the good news is it's starting to hurt tan.
He will be gone before the start of next season when the budgets will really hit home.
Shame for the staff as the one responsible is tan.

Not really sure it's all down to tan
Malky spunked over £50 million
Ole well ole just over spent end of
And yes I know tan wrote the cheques

Football is now a business more than a sport and it's tans business, the buck stops with him.
Loads of managers in the top 2 divisions have over spent this last 10 years, not just Malky and Ole, it's what they've been allowed to do.
At the end of the day it's the managers job that's on the line.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:49 pm

cardiffblue74 wrote:This is so sad especially when you think the likes of LeFondre are taking home 25k a week, which is probably the same amount these guys earn in a year!

I've been there myself when company owners waste money then the hard working guys get cut to save a few quid.

Honestly the sooner LeFondre and Co p off the better.

I know this will be controversial to some, but I was always given the perception that it's the players in football who are at the top of the tree on account they are the ones that fans come to watch; hence the difference in salaries! ;) :laughing6:

City have not truly utilised the Development or Youth sectors within the club's structure and that is sad. But it can also be said that if those involved are not producing the goods, it is reasonable to assume there is room for change and that's not just a football philosophy

ALF, Macheda and KG may well be uwanted at the CCS but they signed their contracts in good faith and (as much as it pains me to say) it's up to the club to sort out a mutually agreeable exit strategy for them; otherwise, they have a couple of experts in ALF and KG (I have sympathy for Macheda) when it comes to being happy to sit on their fat backsides and take the money with no risk to themselves! :(

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Good post.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:29 pm

As sad this news is everyone involved on the top floor are saving this club from going down a route of some clubs who have flown down the lower divisions.

The sad part is people like Tan and everyone who have been on the board since Malky came in have only now in the past year or so to realise how a football club should be run financially.

Tan and Malky have really drove this club into a real financial mess and the stuff like cost cutting has all stemmed from them and co.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:55 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:As sad this news is everyone involved on the top floor are saving this club from going down a route of some clubs who have flown down the lower divisions.

The sad part is people like Tan and everyone who have been on the board since Malky came in have only now in the past year or so to realise how a football club should be run financially.

Tan and Malky have really drove this club into a real financial mess and the stuff like cost cutting has all stemmed from them and co.

Disagree - Tan and OGS - HAVE PUT US IN THIS MESS - TIME FOR SOME ON HERE TO DO THE MATHS .

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Im not sticking up for tan ,the club or whoever is behind the news regarding job losses if true but although i feel for people who lose their jobs for all we know there is a shake up because there are sections at the club that have got for example 5 people doing a 2 person job..
If someone ran a shop or a pub and had a few workers serving maybe after awhile you would let some go as you notice theres no need for say 5 staff when 2 could manage the job.
Still sad that people could lose their jobs :(

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:As sad this news is everyone involved on the top floor are saving this club from going down a route of some clubs who have flown down the lower divisions.

Disagree - Tan and OGS - HAVE PUT US IN THIS MESS - TIME FOR SOME ON HERE TO DO THE MATHS .

OGS you can put in there but to leave Malky out is just narrow minded, the guy blew up to 60-70 million in transfer fees in 2 seasons, how do you justify that? :oops:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:12 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

OGS you can put in there but to leave Malky out is just narrow minded, the guy blew up to 60-70 million in transfer fees in 2 seasons, how do you justify that? :oops:

Sam Hammam , Tan , Ogs and Malky caused the debt even chuck in the Riddler

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:35 pm

The young lad taken off us by Man City last week is a truly amazing prospect who has been nurtured by the club for almost 10 seasons since the lad was 6 or 7 years of age. Man City have had to pay the statrotary payment for taking an academy player to another academy which is between £160k and £200k. This lad is the real deal and will be a full international within two to three years. So they got it right with him, but when a big club comes calling small clubs like ours just can't compete :bluebird:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:23 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

The problem with what you say there is that we'll never actually know if Malky's financial 'gamble' would have paid off and Cardiff City might have actually survived in the Premier League that season. Someone (ultimately Tan) allowed him to spend that money.

The team under Malky made a good start and the 'problems' only really started once he had lost Tan's support and each spent far too much time trying to crucify the other!

Whilst most of us believe it would have been good for Malky to see out that season, in retrospect both men were to blame for City's relegation; financially and morally

Malky for trying to cling on to his job by not being honest. He hoodwinked some pretty loyal (to him) fans and the media when he knew why Tan wanted him out and then going on a one man crusade to paint Tan as a bigger villain than many already believed he was

Tan himself should have simply sacked Malky once he believed he had lost confidence in his manager and had also unearthed evidence of Textgate

We'll never know what 'might' have happened but I'm willing to state that if we had stayed up under Malky we would now be calling that amount "money well spent" ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 am

I wonder how the players who are on our books but have been told they should look for another club feel about this.

I know they signed a contract in good faith but seeing low salaried coaching staff getting made redundant as they drive around in their expensive cars on huge salaries would surely make them feel a little ashamed and agree contact cancellations.

Surely if they are any good they will find well paid work as players elsewhere. But, then again, we offered them these seemingly huge contracts which are the things keeping them here.

Tan out.

Malky and Ole must take some of the blame but their bosses sanctioned every single contract and transfer fee.

What about this good news regarding a new consortium buying the club today? Oh wait...

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:42 am

People losing jobs is just one of those things

It happens everyday

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:16 am

The sooner Tan fucks off the better for this club. We can start again, whatever league we are in.
Surely the youth is the future? Even if we have no money.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:38 am

BLUE IN LEAGUE 2 , I wonder how many of the FANS singing that will be there,when we are in League 2 ????

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:19 am

nojac wrote:BLUE IN LEAGUE 2 , I wonder how many of the FANS singing that will be there,when we are in League 2 ????

Not much different to what we have now. We could get 10k in league 2, proper fans too with proper away support not like today.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:39 am

Maybe would of been better for the meeting to happen before putting on message board. If people's jobs at risk , why worry them until they have been told, is it the place of football message boards.
I know message boards are about rumours, but surely when people's jobs maybe at risk, and no one really knows if correct, then best to leave subject alone until people involved know position .

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:44 am

langley wrote:Maybe would of been better for the meeting to happen before putting on message board. If people's jobs at risk , why worry them until they have been told, is it the place of football message boards.
I know message boards are about rumours, but surely when people's jobs maybe at risk, and no one really knows if correct, then best to leave subject alone until people involved know position .

Maybe they have been told ?

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:15 am

Difference between wastefulness of Malky and Ole. At the time Cardiff could afford a few bad buys with Premier League income. Ole's we could not afford on lower revenue. That said, I do not support how the club went about business after promotion. Malky was not qualified to spend that amount of cash.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:31 am

I sometime wonder if any went to school... Malky got a budget, he blew it according to Tan. Ole got his budget. He spent it. Who negotiate contracts? Malky and Ole? Dont think so :lol: Who sets the budgets? Why would Malky or Ole spend any time in the economics department? Think they have enough on their hands trying to get players playing.. This is a result of a bad business plan and people on top. Not the guys on the floor..

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:43 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:I sometime wonder if any went to school... Malky got a budget, he blew it according to Tan. Ole got his budget. He spent it. Who negotiate contracts? Malky and Ole? Dont think so :lol: Who sets the budgets? Why would Malky or Ole spend any time in the economics department? Think they have enough on their hands trying to get players playing.. This is a result of a bad business plan and people on top. Not the guys on the floor..

YEP AGREE with you totally- Vincent Tan the Buck stops with you-THE cutting should start at the top, CHOO, DALMAN ETC ETC should go THE club should be offered for sale on EBAY, START PRICE 99P , THEN advertise the number on here and I will bid !! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:47 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

How do you get this £60 - £70 million figure spent on transfer fees?