Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ' MEETING AT CCFC '

Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:55 pm

UPDATED ' MEETING AT CCFC '

26/08/16

20 redundancies were made today, so we were told.

There is a meeting at CCFC tomorrow, it takes place tomorrow morning.

The senior Academy staff have been called in for talks over redundancies.

With income streams reducing again this season, the biggest of which is the final parachute payment from the Premier League, there are going to be deep cuts to the academy and its staffing levels.

Staff will be asked tomorrow morning to take voluntary redundancy to reduce the costs.

If there are not enough who will accept voluntary redundancy then staff will be made redundant and the consultation period will begin.

Regarding talk of a consortium then there has been talk for several months of such happenings but at the moment they are no further ahead than just people hoping to pull a consortium together.

Re: ' TOMORROW'S MEETING AT CCFC '

Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks Carl at least got some idea what's going on :thumbup:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Thanks for clearing things up Carl :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Good luck tomorrow to all staff who need to keep their jobs

The way this club has been run over the years defies belief at times...huge parachute payments wasted on massive salaries for mediocre players and managers...as always it the normal people Who pay the price

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Best wishes to all staff they have some great people working there.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 pm

The working class hit hardest once again :x

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Great sadness for the staff affected.
Perhaps the good news is it's starting to hurt tan.
He will be gone before the start of next season when the budgets will really hit home.
Shame for the staff as the one responsible is tan.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:22 pm

fred keenor wrote:Great sadness for the staff affected.
Perhaps the good news is it's starting to hurt tan.
He will be gone before the start of next season when the budgets will really hit home.
Shame for the staff as the one responsible is tan.

Not really sure it's all down to tan
Malky spunked over £50 million
Ole well ole just over spent end of
And yes I know tan wrote the cheques

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:26 pm

Feel really sad at the loss of jobs at the club , to be honest that is the one area where the club should not cut , the youth are the future of the club and a very good income stream should they make the grade.
Instead the few thousand pounds the coaches are on pale in significance to the larger wages the players that sat on the arses milking it.
I know we have to cut our cloth as the saying goes ,

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:32 pm

I seriously don't understand this.
Like Tan/Dalman/Choo has said youth development is a massive part of the future for Cardiff City and now he wants to get rid of senior Youth coaches? Where is the logic in that? FFS Tan/Dalman/Choo stop getting fans hopes up for the future by telling us we still want to compete... and then when the fans have bought into the club go and make people redundant.
This has seriously annoyed me :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:35 pm

This action may be the final nail
in the coffin for most supporters.
Tan and his front man choo have got away with it lightly over the last 18 months.
Perhaps the real Cardiff fans will stand up at least what is left of us :)

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:42 pm

The12thBlue wrote:I seriously don't understand this.
Like Tan/Dalman/Choo has said youth development is a massive part of the future for Cardiff City and now he wants to get rid of senior Youth coaches? Where is the logic in that? FFS Tan/Dalman/Choo stop getting fans hopes up for the future by telling us we still want to compete... and then when the fans have bought into the club go and make people redundant.

sad news really but only now your starting to realise we been run by a bunch of liars for years. Tell the fans and media one thing and the next this :laughing6: :laughing6:

Don't worry though people whitts will get his 2k goal bonus if he scores this weekend :laughing6:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:47 pm

fred keenor wrote:This action may be the final nail
Tan and his front man choo have got away with it lightly over the last 18 months.

you can't run a academy of premier league standard on championship money ,the hard reality of our funding going after this season

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Stand up and not bother to support club? :roll:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:I seriously don't understand this.

Only now your starting to realise we been run by a bunch of liars for years. Tell the fans and media one thing and the next this :laughing6: :laughing6:

Always known it but this is stupid. I've always let decisions like selling top earners, replacing older players for youth eat. slide as I've always seen it as bettering the club but this betters NO-ONE. It only hinders our youth players development and must make players (Senior and youth) think twice about signing/re-signing with the club!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:

you can't run a academy of premier league standard on championship money ,the hard reality of our funding going after this season

You can if the sodding owner has said thats our future and is getting rid of high f***ing earners to replace with youth players

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Complete lack of coverage in the news! Surely such a big event would get back to a journo somewhere? :old:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:56 pm

The12thBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

You can if the sodding owner has said thats our future and is getting rid of high f***ing earners to replace with youth players

ain't they trying to get rid of the players ? looks like the club are trying to be self sufficient

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:There is a meeting at CCFC tomorrow, it takes place tomorrow morning.

The senior Academy staff have been called in for talks over redundancies.

With income streams reducing again this season, the biggest of which is the final parachute payment from the Premier League, there are going to be deep cuts to the academy and its staffing levels.

Staff will be asked tomorrow morning to take voluntary redundancy to reduce the costs.

If there are not enough who will accept voluntary redundancy then staff will be made redundant and the consultation period will begin.

Regarding talk of a consortium then there has been talk for several months of such happenings but at the moment they are no further ahead than just people hoping to pull a consortium together.

They are looking to cut £100k off their budget from the above as well as what I posted on the other topic about the meeting earlier

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Parachute payments don't end this season, we get £8m in 16/17 and £8m in 17/18.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion the parachute payments DO NOT end this season we have another season next year when we will still get over £9million

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:23 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion the parachute payments DO NOT end this season we have another season next year when we will still get over £9million

9 million is a drop in the ocean when you think how much the wages and overheads are turnover will be low this season

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Unfortunately we are seeing the results of the irresponsible way the club has been run for the first few years of tans reign. The main problem being his systematic removal of anyone with even a modicum of football knowledge from the boardroom, replacing them with his band of sycophants and lickspittles. Yet some are still unbelievably blaming past managers for gods sake.
Tan has clearly washed his hands of CCFC, and cutting jobs along with player sales is clearly an attempt to cut day to day running costs to make us a more attractive proposition for a buyer. So it does seem relatively feasible that a deal could be done with someone. Although I don't believe in a million years the Bellars would be involved.
Last edited by harold pinta on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:27 pm

I think a lot of people on this forum forget that this is a business, and it's a business that has lost a lot of money during recent times. Nobody or nothing is secure at a business like this, and it is starting to look as if selling players is not enough on it's own to reduce the debts and running costs to an acceptable level.
Tan has made it obvious that he is not prepared to subsidise the club any more than he has to, and any fans expecting a marquee signing a living on another planet. We will continue to offload anyone at the club, players or staff, if the club can continue to operate without those people.
As I've said numerous times, promotion is not on the agenda. Everything is geared to operating with the minimum expenditure while hoping to remain at our current level. The club will say the opposite, as does every business in the same position. They still need to attract fans through the gates and sell their merchandise. You can hardly expect them to come out and say that anyone and everything can go if the price is right.
We will be treading water for the forseeable future, and I hope we can survive in the Championship while costs continue to be cut. I still fancy us to finish around the middle of the table this season. At least I hope we can.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

ain't they trying to get rid of the players ? looks like the club are trying to be self sufficient

I don't get what you mean? Surely by improving and having a successful youth system would be more beneficial than having to buy players at this level? Anyway you look at this its a negative for Cardiff City and Wales.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:32 pm

The12thBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I don't get what you mean? Surely by improving and having a successful youth system would be more beneficial than having to buy players at this level? Anyway you look at this its a negative for Cardiff City and Wales.

it's about having the right people and not throwing money around apparently the budget for the academy is on par with premiership clubs and it can't be sustained now we are not in the premiership

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think a lot of people on this forum forget that this is a business, and it's a business that has lost a lot of money during recent times. Nobody or nothing is secure at a business like this, and it is starting to look as if selling players is not enough on it's own to reduce the debts and running costs to an acceptable level.
Tan has made it obvious that he is not prepared to subsidise the club any more than he has to, and any fans expecting a marquee signing a living on another planet. We will continue to offload anyone at the club, players or staff, if the club can continue to operate without those people.
As I've said numerous times, promotion is not on the agenda. Everything is geared to operating with the minimum expenditure while hoping to remain at our current level. The club will say the opposite, as does every business in the same position. They still need to attract fans through the gates and sell their merchandise. You can hardly expect them to come out and say that anyone and everything can go if the price is right.
We will be treading water for the forseeable future, and I hope we can survive in the Championship while costs continue to be cut. I still fancy us to finish around the middle of the table this season. At least I hope we can.

I think that's the forlorn hope we all have Steve, because dropping a division would be another financial disaster.

I'm all for prudent budgeting and cost controls, and it's a pity sush fiscal management wasn't taken three or four seasons ago.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:38 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I think a lot of people on this forum forget that this is a business, and it's a business that has lost a lot of money during recent times. Nobody or nothing is secure at a business like this, and it is starting to look as if selling players is not enough on it's own to reduce the debts and running costs to an acceptable level.

I think that's the forlorn hope we all have Steve, because dropping a division would be another financial disaster.

I'm all for prudent budgeting and cost controls, and it's a pity sush fiscal management wasn't taken three or four seasons ago.

I think tan got taken for a ride in the first few years and Ken choo is the man sorting the finances out now

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:11 pm

The academy does not seem to have worked to well over the past few years, we are hardly inundated with quality youngsters coming through the ranks.

Perhaps Tan does not feel he is getting the money's worth for what he is putting into it, if that's the case who can blame him.

Maybe, in the long run, it will be a good thing and will see us get rid of some dead wood.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:12 pm

RV Casual wrote:The academy does not seem to have worked to well over the past few years, we are hardly inundated with quality youngsters coming through the ranks.

Perhaps Tan does not feel he is getting the money's worth for what he is putting into it, if that's the case who can blame him.

Maybe, in the long run, it will be a good thing and will see us get rid of some dead wood.

That's what I think