SKY TV DEALS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SKY TV DEALS

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Anyone got any decent deals recently??

Been a customer for 20 years with full package and broadband/calls etc paying £100 per month ...rung up for a deal was offered £14 a month discount for 12 months told them not good enough and gave 30 days notice to cancel everything

Any idea of what might be the best deal I might be offered to stay before my 30 days up??

Any sensible advice appreciated!!!
oohahhPaulMillar

SKY TV DEALS

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: SKY TV DEALS

Postby scooby1973 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:11 pm

I left sky in March, they called last month and offered 60% off.. Good deal, they don't seem to offer anything good till you leave.
scooby1973

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:14 pm

I complained that people were getting 50% off being new customers, so told them was leaving as couldn't justify spending £60 when others were not!i I ended up with my package half price ! :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:22 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Anyone got any decent deals recently??

Been a customer for 20 years with full package and broadband/calls etc paying £100 per month ...rung up for a deal was offered £14 a month discount for 12 months told them not good enough and gave 30 days notice to cancel everything

Any idea of what might be the best deal I might be offered to stay before my 30 days up??

I rang them last week and asked them for a deal to stay. I pay 65 at moment. They offered me a reduced package for 38 quid which included sport but not on HD. I told them to stick it as they are giving new customers a free LG tv plus half price if you work for certain companies.
I gave them a months notice. According to a fair few people I will get a call back just before my package ends and I will get half price.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:32 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I rang them last week and asked them for a deal to stay. I pay 65 at moment. They offered me a reduced package for 38 quid which included sport but not on HD. I told them to stick it as they are giving new customers a free LG tv plus half price if you work for certain companies.
I gave them a months notice. According to a fair few people I will get a call back just before my package ends and I will get half price.

Gareth,

Hopefully they will offer me something similar before my package ends...let me know how you get on if you don't mind

Thanks
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby LlwyncelynBlue » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm about to cancel Sky completely, have the full sports package and am currently paying £100+ inc. broadband.

I bought a ZGemma H2S box for £140 a month or so ago & wanted to see what it was like before cancelling Sky. It's exactly the same, has all the movie channels, sports etc, even pay per view. It updates itself automatically at 5am every day as long as it's switched on. Lodi etc. is also installed.

You pay an annual fee (£25 with the guy I used) for the memory card (or "gift" as they call it), but that was included in the original price.

20+ years with Sky is about to end....
LlwyncelynBlue

Postby Dessy1927 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:47 pm

I got offered £10 off when I cancelled so left and within a month I got £150 credited to sky account and full package including hd for £35 a month on a yr contract with the credit I got worked out first few months free. Does seem to be better deals offered once you've left as they phone up trying to get you back.
My sky before was £54 a month without hd.
Dessy1927

Postby Deebr » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:54 pm

I was paying £92 pm for Movies Sports HD etc plus 1multiroom and gave notice to cancel
Had a callback to stay, at £52pm , same package.....then contacted the SkyQ department who have offered the same price for a 12 month contract, which I accepted. (Had to pay 2 x 30 for the installation & boxes).... thought that was OK to get the latest and greatest :)
Deebr

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:57 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:I'm about to cancel Sky completely, have the full sports package and am currently paying £100+ inc. broadband.

I bought a ZGemma H2S box for £140 a month or so ago & wanted to see what it was like before cancelling Sky. It's exactly the same, has all the movie channels, sports etc, even pay per view. It updates itself automatically at 5am every day as long as it's switched on. Lodi etc. is also installed.

You pay an annual fee (£25 with the guy I used) for the memory card (or "gift" as they call it), but that was included in the original price.

Where did you purchase this from?
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Fusilier23 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:19 am

I pay £60pm for the lot after i threatened to leave - thats the full TV package, internet and phone :thumbup:
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:21 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:I'm about to cancel Sky completely, have the full sports package and am currently paying £100+ inc. broadband.

I've done the same thing sky are a rip off
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sven » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:39 pm

I cancelled Sky TV (kept phone and broadband for now) in April and haven't missed it as much as I thought. Sky have constantly bombarded me with "come back" offers via post and e-mail and I've had to ask them to stop

Hold fire and they'll be in touch, as they are now desperate to keep departing customers ;)

There are apparently deep concerns at SKY about their loss of user numbers and it is likely to have an effect on the next big football deal. They feel (rightly so) that they won't be able to put prices up too much more, as this is one of the major factors in people departing

Well, if they stopped paying the multi-billionaire club owners even more money, stopped allowing the likes of Shrek (Wayne Rooney to the uninitiated) £300k a week and gave the fans a better deal, then they might just stand a chance!

Saved me a small fortune cancelling and I now have a MiniX Box, which is okay but looking at changing to Open Box or a ZGemma H2S Box, as I'm told the picture and reception quality os much better :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby GARY CCFC » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Anyone interested

I'm a sales advisor for virgin media in Cardiff
GARY CCFC

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:36 pm

I found threatening them on the phone to leave nothing when actually cancelled I got bombarded with offers from them
Good luck mate hope you get a good deal they are rip off merchants
Pembroke bluebird

Postby scooby1973 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:42 pm

GARY CCFC wrote:Anyone interested

I'm a sales advisor for virgin media in Cardiff

Not being rude but Virgin is shite, I came back last January, one of the worst things done. Tv is so slow and my broadband went again yesterday Customer service said they don't know what's wrong and an engineer would be out in five days.. 5 days great service .... Shite
scooby1973

Postby MOZZER1 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:55 pm

well i opted for virgin after 12 years with sky and have found it a much beter service and cost

1 nil to virgin :ayatollah:
MOZZER1

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:20 pm

I got Sky Q - its superb
Mr Moo Cow

Postby scooby1973 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:45 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:well i opted for virgin after 12 years with sky and have found it a much beter service and cost

1 nil to virgin :ayatollah:

There broadband is normally good but the tv compared to sky is shit
scooby1973

Postby Bluebina » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Did they call you back ???
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Does that still work ???

Would it work with sky q, or is it just streaming ??
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Dessy1927 wrote:I got offered £10 off when I cancelled so left and within a month I got £150 credited to sky account and full package including hd for £35 a month on a yr contract with the credit I got worked out first few months free. Does seem to be better deals offered once you've left as they phone up trying to get you back.
My sky before was £54 a month without hd.

That's much better, espicially if it's within the month :thumbup:

I've had half price loads of times but no where near as good as that.....
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Deebr wrote:I was paying £92 pm for Movies Sports HD etc plus 1multiroom and gave notice to cancel
Had a callback to stay, at £52pm , same package.....then contacted the SkyQ department who have offered the same price for a 12 month contract, which I accepted. (Had to pay 2 x 30 for the installation & boxes).... thought that was OK to get the latest and greatest :)

That seems fair, Sky Q is decent.....
Bluebina

Postby bakircioglu » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Half price Sky Sports for 12 months.

sky.com/yearofsport

You're welcome.
bakircioglu

Postby Ketteringblues » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:05 am

Currently with Sky for phone, TV and broadband.
Cancelled the TV as monthly bills were £100+
Bought an Amazon Firestick and put Kodi on it.
A month after cancelling the TV Sky offered me 6 months completely free TV.
Of which I can cancel (with 30 days notice) free of charge.
Ketteringblues

Postby kimble » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:51 am

I have been witt them for years got about 20 quid off for 8 months yet they offer offer family and friends of employees £35 for 12 monthd full sky package plus sky q...I am going to ditch them and buy a mag254 they are brilliant iptv
kimble

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:32 am

Bluebina wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Did they call you back ???

Yes. About a fortnight after cancelling they offered me same package for £26 a month
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Davedingbluebird » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 am

estenquiries@bskyb.com... This is the email address of the Executive Support Team.. You will not get a better deal from anyone else as these are linked to the CEO Jeremy Darroch (Jeremy.darroch@skyplc.com)

Good luck
Davedingbluebird

Postby GummiTheBluebird » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:35 pm

I pay £129 a month unbelievably which I didn't know called them they offered me £20 discount told them to shove it and gave my notice. I hadn't heard anything and had three days left till my service expired so I played stupid and called them to find out my exact cut-off date and they said "oh hasn't someone called you to offer you a better package" to which I replied no and then they called a day later and offered me £36 all in for everything to stay :ayatollah:
I Miss Phil Stant
I Miss Carl Dale
I Miss Nathan Blake
I Miss Ninian Park
I Miss The Grange End On A Wet Tuesday Night
I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE WAS A REAL BARMY ARMY
GummiTheBluebird

Postby T1JMO » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Get a Skybox F5S or similar and get all the channels for FREE, well £40 a year.
T1JMO

Postby LostBlue » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:30 pm

I get it all on the internet for free. In crystal clear HD. And that's with my crappy phone internet. God bless the internet
LostBlue

Return to General Chat