A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Shocking New Signing Jazz Richards '

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Jazz

Hmmmm

Nice :thumbright:

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm

I was at the game and he did do it at the 8th time of asking, however it was pretty lack luster (like his general play).

All he's managed to do today is piss off 1800 travelling City fans off, Welsh or not for him if that's his attitude.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Let's get one thing straight here JR knows what our club is about. All the people saying it doesn't matter blah blah blah what f*cking planet are you on???
We need EVERYONE pulling in same direction no matter what!!! If the bellend doesn't want to do something which is closely associated with our Club and especially our fans then feck him.

Imagine a player at another Club not doing something his clubs fans wanted he wouldn't last long.

Rangers/Celtic fans have accepted players from the other club but those players have to earn their respect not disrespect their respect

A major feck up from JR today and he needs to be very careful of his next steps. Someone needs to get hold of him and have a serious word in his ear. He ain't no Pele that's for sure!!!

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Wld Bellamy do the swim away if he prayed for Swansea, wld Ramsey ?
Give the Blake a chance.. As for booing him , disgraceful

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:59 pm

I was there today and and saw numerous calls for the ayatolla from Richards being ignored. Saw Immers point it out to him and he just shook his head in refusal. I then saw him reluctantly do it on the sly and not do it when called after the full time whistle. The numerous times he was asked was during breaks in play so no excuse.

Yes it's a childish thing in many peoples eyes, but it's us. We the team, supporters and players are bluebirds, we the 10000 or so that are left fought for our identity and regained it. The ayatollah is a part of our traditions and identity, if we let it go and put up and shut up about this, then we may as well give up the fight and accept modern football wholeheartedly into cardiff city.
Leggy or others previous never got away with it and put up with a lot worse before he was accepted fully, even that waster Caulker didnt get away with it. If it's just a silly head tap as some people say, why won't he just do it?
No, I'm not happy about it, and i will not accept it. He is either with us as a team member completely, or he'd better for his own sake start pulling off some world class displays as his on field mistakes will not be forgiven as others have, and he will have a terrible reception every game he plays. He needs to work out what is best for him to do very quickly as its a long contract!!

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:02 pm

langley wrote:Wld Bellamy do the swim away if he prayed for Swansea, wld Ramsey ?

They wouldn't play for the Gypos. :thumbright:

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:11 pm

langley wrote:Wld Bellamy do the swim away if he prayed for Swansea, wld Ramsey ?

Difference is swim away is jacks trying to glorify hooliganism whereas ayotollah is a Cardiff fan tradition and unique to us.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:12 pm

The ayatollah is dated it was fun for the first few years now its cringey although i can understand that kids love doing it... Maybe he should have done it if asked but grown men furious that he didnt do it is comical :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd like to think if someone like Whitts had signed for the jacks he would refuse to do the swim away.
All im concerned about is how he plays for us not some head slapping side show :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Mr Shed wrote:I was there today and and saw numerous calls for the ayatolla from Richards being ignored. Saw Immers point it out to him and he just shook his head in refusal. I then saw him reluctantly do it on the sly and not do it when called after the full time whistle. The numerous times he was asked was during breaks in play so no excuse.

Yes it's a childish thing in many peoples eyes, but it's us. We the team, supporters and players are bluebirds, we the 10000 or so that are left fought for our identity and regained it. The ayatollah is a part of our traditions and identity, if we let it go and put up and shut up about this, then we may as well give up the fight and accept modern football wholeheartedly into cardiff city.
Leggy or others previous never got away with it and put up with a lot worse before he was accepted fully, even that waster Caulker didnt get away with it. If it's just a silly head tap as some people say, why won't he just do it?
No, I'm not happy about it, and i will not accept it. He is either with us as a team member completely, or he'd better for his own sake start pulling off some world class displays as his on field mistakes will not be forgiven as others have, and he will have a terrible reception every game he plays. He needs to work out what is best for him to do very quickly as its a long contract!!

Not particularly part of my tradition or identity. Did'nt exist for the first 30 years that I followed the club, and in terms of our long history this is a fairly recent thing which if I remember correctly was introduced during Hamam's era. I expect for more recent fans who have never known anything different, it means more than it does to the fans who supported the club long before anyone had heard of the ayatollah.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:14 pm

The 'swim away' is glorying in the bullying of a small group of youngsters by hundreds of jacks, glorying in the fact it's an anti Cardiff song. Our 'ayatollah' is f**k all to do with Swansea, it's a silly ritual but it's ours ...

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:19 pm

Mr Shed wrote:I was there today and and saw numerous calls for the ayatolla from Richards being ignored. Saw Immers point it out to him and he just shook his head in refusal. I then saw him reluctantly do it on the sly and not do it when called after the full time whistle. The numerous times he was asked was during breaks in play so no excuse.

Far to much truth in that post, people too quick to give up on club banter unique only to this club, and apologise for a JB that doesn't want to participate in a long standing tradition. It's bizarre to me why so many seem not to care or even want to continue the tradition of the :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:23 pm

BracklaBlue72 wrote:

The 'swim away' is glorying in the bullying of a small group of youngsters by hundreds of jacks, glorying in the fact it's an anti Cardiff song. Our 'ayatollah' is f**k all to do with Swansea, it's a silly ritual but it's ours ...

Yes, you are right, jazz sort yourself out

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Not particularly part of my tradition or identity. Did'nt exist for the first 30 years that I followed the club, and in terms of our long history this is a fairly recent thing which if I remember correctly was introduced during Hamam's era. I expect for more recent fans who have never known anything different, it means more than it does to the fans who supported the club long before anyone had heard of the ayatollah.

Sorry grumpy Steve, it was nearly 10 years previous to the hamamm era,early 90s if i remember right. It was sky sports that said it was a tribute to Hamamm when we played Leeds in the fa cup early 2000s. Maybe thats where you got that info from. Hey it maybe only a tradition in the last 25 years but tradition all the same as I'm only 36, then yes it is a big part of my tradition and things i and many others see as our tradition and (modern) history.
I'm not gonna play the "im a better supporter than you" game with you as you will probably win as your grumpiness shows signs you may be older than me.
It's only my opinion, some may share it, you obviously dont.

Still love you tho grumpy Steve.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:28 pm

I thought Jazz Richards was signed to play football.

Looking at this from a different angle Jazz Richards will have family still living in Swansea and will probably from time to time pop in to visit them. How would it affect his family and his visits if he did the ayatollah and all the Jacks knew about it ? I'd be willing to bet there'd be some sort of retribution for him and I wouldn't be shocked if this is what his thinking is.

How will people feel if it's 1-0 next week and in the last minute he does a goal line clearance to ensure the three points ?

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 pm

I don't think the reaction fans on the board, or at the game today as over the top it just shows your proud to be a bluebird. If Jazz felt so strongly about his Swansea connections, then why the hell did he sign for us. At the he end of the day he's done the worst thing by signing for us so I can't understand what difference doing the ayatollah would make.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:41 pm

I am amazed at some of our fans who don't think much of the ayatollah. For me as a 36 year I have grown up with it. From doing it on the m4 to other city fans it's a unique visual that is feel we have created and should continue to keep. All new signings are welcomed with it. The fact jazz clearly refused suggests he is not 100 percent committed. Disappointed as he has had it easy. In the past players like bowen and leggy were crucified until they earned our respect.

The difference is the fans these days are not like we used to be.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Sorry grumpy Steve, it was nearly 10 years previous to the hamamm era,early 90s if i remember right. It was sky sports that said it was a tribute to Hamamm when we played Leeds in the fa cup early 2000s. Maybe thats where you got that info from. Hey it maybe only a tradition in the last 25 years but tradition all the same as I'm only 36, then yes it is a big part of my tradition and things i and many others see as our tradition and (modern) history.
I'm not gonna play the "im a better supporter than you" game with you as you will probably win as your grumpiness shows signs you may be older than me.

It was the start of the 1989/90 season that it started after the death of ayatollah Khomeini, when most of Iran were in mourning
and beating themselves on their heads till it bleeds, we adopted it because we were so bad I think in some peoples minds we were in mourning over the state of the club at that time which was pretty bad.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yep, you are right. I am a lot older than you and ten times as grumpy. Just imagine what I'll be like in another 5 years. Grumpy, you ain't seen nothin yet.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Tonight Andy Legg has confirmed Richsrds Never and should of done it.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Could'nt care less if he can touch his head or not. That's not why he was brought here. If he does the business on the pitch and gives 100% every match, he will have done what he has been asked to do. If all we want is 11 players who are capable of putting their hands on their heads at the demand of the crowd, we can save a fortune in wages by bringing in 11 blokes from the Ponty & District League.

I agree. I'm not that bothered if he taps his head or not.

What does bother me is that he had a very poor game and it looked like Fulahm had the better of the swap deal with Malone! :o

Perhaps the pressure of not doing the Ayatollah was getting to him! :thumbup:

Re: UPDATED ' Shocking New Signing Jazz Richards '

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Deaf or just a dick, not helping himself... Even the FAT BIRMINGHAM fan who got his TITS out DID IT !!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:32 pm

If his heart belongs in Jackland I don't have a problem with that, what I do have a problem with is he has come here. Why has he come here ? £££££££££££££££ that's why. Sorry but comments of would Ramsey or Bellers be expected to do the swim away ? No because they would never go to that shit hole.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:34 pm

griff105 wrote:Jazz

Hmmmm

Nice :thumbright:

Ashley Daryl Jazz Richards, ok they are all pretty shit, but to use Jazz ???

Trollope needs to kick his arse !!!

It's probably to late, City fans won't forget and first bad game he will be boo'd for sure............

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tonight Andy Legg has confirmed Richsrds Never and should of done it.

Richards needs a word of advice from leggy. I honestly believe if he refuses to do it next Sunday he should be bombed out. Together Stronger my arse Richards

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:40 pm

well 4 pages of nonsense because he didnt slap his head .... i tell you what its you lot that needs a good slap around the head, FFS grow up, half of you lot are in your 40s and 50s mun :lol: one game in and i cant wait for the end of the season already :roll:

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Contract clause for jazz Richards

"Im not doin the ayatollah and I don't really want to be here in the first place"

paul Trollope

" fantastic news jazz, im glad you have joined us"

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:58 pm

We have had enough shit the last few years with fans arguing over the clubs colour and badge.

Just when the feel good factor is starting to return, with PT appearing to unite the club Wales style, along comes Jazz.

Jazz is on course to be the most disliked Cardiff player ever. I can't see how Jazz can turn this around.

Some people are stating its only slapping you head which is outdated in any case. For me it's total disrespect to all Cardiff fans who are singing his name. If Jazz wants no connection with our fans, why did he sign for us.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Wow
How can a City fan not care if he does it or not.. its our thing like it or not. Someone doing the ayatollah on tv and you know there a City fan

Other clubs have their songs or what ever and we have the ayatollah until something better comes along. This is how your club becomes unique and not just a club you watch on telly

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:18 pm

The club will know they have got a bit of problem here with this kid. What an absolute tit of a bloke. Its not like it was Kimbo or Gary Medel with a language barrier. He knew exactly what he was doing,he was being a small minded jack. I dont care about the sympathetic argument that his friends and family might not like it. F**k them, he is supposed to be representing Cardiff City AFC!
If the crowd ask you to do the ayatollah,just f***ing do it. You should be pleased that we have accepted you.
Absolute muppet!

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:52 pm

It would appear that Jazz has gotten himself into a bit of a Funk by not practising the Blues. Nice.