Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED ' Shocking New Signing Jazz Richards '

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:45 pm

Supporters of a club who, on the whole, stood idly by and watched a Malaysian billionaire f**k about with large parts of its identity a few years ago are now furious and filled with fire and passion (sorry, couldn't resist) because an ex Swansea player didn't fully engage in a tired and slightly embarrassing club ritual. You couldn't make it up.

If only Vincent Tan had previous Swansea connections 4 years ago, I'd have no doubts that the rebrand would never have happened!

Seriously guys have a word with yourselves. Should Jazz Richards have slapped his head a few times? Yes, if it keeps a few silly sods happy who are trapped in a Cardiff/Swansea hatred timewarp.

Is it a biggie? No, get over yourselves. Booing your own player is infinitely worse than Richards 'shocking,' 'disgraceful' 'Jack b*stard' behaviour.
Last edited by alfie sherwood on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:45 pm

If true, it's extremely rude and disrespectful.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:57 pm

nubbsy wrote:If true, it's extremely rude and disrespectful.

That's the final word. It was rude and disrespectful. City fans respectfully called to him to join in and he didn't want to know. We will continue the Euro team and party atmosphere with or without him. #TogetherStronger. And all that, Jazz.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:11 pm

i thought he was concentrating on the game, but i understand another player told him to do it yet he didnt.

i didnt boo though. he is here, and yes he should be 100% committed, but is the fact he didnt do the ayatollah prove that he isn't? he gave a solid performance on his debut and as long as he is professional and gives his all i will support him. do we expect a swansea fan to 'betray' his club? is doing the ayatollah any different from kissing the badge? how is it any different from that superficial show of fake affection for a club?

Re: ' Shocking New Signing Jazz Richards '

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tonight Andy Legg has confirmed Richsrds Never and should of done it.

Andy Legg is wrong then, as he did it on at least one occasion.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Must of missed the one occasion then.

Jazz never accepted the Cardiff fans traditional welcome. Dress it up how you want.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Guys, this is getting ridiculous now.

The player did do the ayatollah (ok, after six or seven times of asking),but I saw it myself, with my own eyes, while we were setting up to defend a dead-ball situation right in front of me (my 9 year old son and my mate were watching the game with me five rows from the front, right behind the goal. It was as clear as day, he did it.

Let's leave it there and save our energy and focus on supporting the boys

Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:47 am

Lads he f***in hates us he only took the move just so he could be closer to home again.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:18 am

Over 13000 'views' on this topic in less than 12 hours. Emotions have been truly stirred up. If the management of the club don't have a quiet with the player on this matter, it will only end in one way - ie :wave:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:39 am

Together/Stronger

LOL

He is a good player, at your level. He is a Jack. Have some comedy appeal, get him to do the Swim Away. Or, support him?

He's a good signing and a good guy, Open your minds ffs, it is 2016.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:32 am

Richards could have made his life easy at Cardiff with the fans ..even if he acted it out :ayatollah:
The same happened when Warren Feeney came back from Swansea on loan, but Warren turned it around :ayatollah:
Trollope will have Richards in today and sort him out..Richards will be told to listen to the fans unless your out :wave:
Bottom line does it matter he doesnt do the ayatollah :ayatollah: ........YES IT DOES..the fans want football players coming here that would stick neck on the line for this club, we/fans spend hard earned money on this club for footballers that will pull up in the car park in there top of the range Merc..
RICHARDS KNUCKLE DOWN, ITS NOT BIG AND CLEVER, DO YOU WANT TO SIT ON CARDIFF'S BENCH LIKE YOU DID AT FULHAM..MMM I DONT THINK SO..SORT IT OUT OR GET OUT... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:48 am

Apparently he did it in the second half! The Ayatollah isn't the same as the Swim-away. The Swim-away is blatantly anti-us, but the Ayatollah is part of our identity, even if it did originally come from Muslim supporters of Khomeini in Iran!

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:56 am

I am glad he didn't do it.....It would be kissing the badge shallow.

He is a Swansea boy, who is a professional athlete and plys his trade at a company who he used to consider his rival.

If you were paid half a million quid to play football for Swansea would you do Swim Away on demand ? Please don't give me "i wouldn't play for Swansea" because you aint good enough to be choosy.

lets see what happens over the season, respect is hard earned and a two way thing

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:06 am

llan bluebird wrote:I am glad he didn't do it.....It would be kissing the badge shallow.

He is a Swansea boy, who is a professional athlete and plys his trade at a company who he used to consider his rival.

If you were paid half a million quid to play football for Swansea would you do Swim Away on demand ? Please don't give me "i wouldn't play for Swansea" because you aint good enough to be choosy.

lets see what happens over the season, respect is hard earned and a two way thing

I tend to agree with you on most topics, but have to disagree with you on this.

Ayatollah is harmless banter and is pro-Cardiff City, no other meaning or club associated with it. The swim-away comparison is a poor attempt to alter reality

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:13 am

I find it hard to believe that a large number of grown men are throwing their dummy out because a professional footballer on his debut apparently didn't slap his hands on his head on demand!! :shock: :shock: You couldn't make this up in a school yard!!Especially as people on here have stated they did see him do it!!
Bloody hell guys, worry about something else FFs................the next thing we'll be worrying about is what Haribos your mum is going to get you :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:23 am

Bobby Woodruff's long throw wrote:I find it hard to believe that a large number of grown men are throwing their dummy out because a professional footballer on his debut apparently didn't slap his hands on his head on demand!! :shock: :shock: You couldn't make this up in a school yard!!Especially as people on here have stated they did see him do it!!
Bloody hell guys, worry about something else FFs................the next thing we'll be worrying about is what Haribos your mum is going to get you :lol: :lol:

I want the ones with the sugar on :thumbup:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:25 am

If the lad is so proud of his Swansea roots that he could not to the ayatollah - how does he cope with wearing OUR SHIRT AND BADGE every week.

I was at the game and did not see him do it at all.

He should have done it once and then the matter would have been settled. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:34 am

Whatever your views on this

The guy has thrown a bomb into a fragile fan base trying to come together
after the splits and divisions of the last few years.

Nearly 15,000 views

Spin it whatever way you want, but this was the wrong time to do this as the popularity of this thread suggests.

:ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:43 am

Well he is going to be hounded to do it all the time now. Maybe he shouldn't have spent the summer telling everyone in Swansea he wouldn't do it....not very bright is he....

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:04 am

Deary me sections of our fan base need to get their life sorted. 2 debutants, 1 a defender playing for the first time in a new system under a new manager and responsible for us keeping a clean sheet. He gets dogs abuse for not slapping his head, whilst our other debutant in the prized number 9 shirt contrived to put the ball over the bar from a yard out, but no worries he slapped his head so all is good. It's little wonder our club and its fans are perceived as a joke.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:26 am

emjay wrote:Deary me sections of our fan base need to get their life sorted. 2 debutants, 1 a defender playing for the first time in a new system under a new manager and responsible for us keeping a clean sheet. He gets dogs abuse for not slapping his head, whilst our other debutant in the prized number 9 shirt contrived to put the ball over the bar from a yard out, but no worries he slapped his head so all is good. It's little wonder our club and its fans are perceived as a joke.

I dont care what other people think about the club. I dont care if a player is S**t on the pitch because if they perform badly then they wont play after so long. Whether you like it or not,Jazz Richards has made himself to look like a right numpty. If you dont like the ayatollah then fair enough. Its not like we are asking him to sacrifice one of his family members.

I thought we were Cardiff City that nutty bunch of fans who used to have a laugh at others and also ourselves. The ayatollah is a jesture that is unique to this club and it should still be used in my opinion. With all the changes in modern football and the Pc brigade stopping anybody farting in football grounds these days, i say dont forget the things that used to give us great memories and unity.

Over 15,000 views gives me hope that these things are still important to lots of city fans. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:24 am

I was there and more disgusted at our fans for booing a player during the game. There was also too many Iceland chants and we got to semis chants. This is city v Brum FFS not wales v England.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:36 pm

I was at the game and he 100% did the ayatollah right in front of me. he played ok without doing anything special

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:06 pm

murphy wrote:I was there and more disgusted at our fans for booing a player during the game. There was also too many Iceland chants and we got to semis chants. This is city v Brum FFS not wales v England.

Swansea/Newport/Wrexham aside, every game we play is Wales versus England. Otherwise why would we always shit on the english side of the bridge?

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:08 pm

The Ayatollah is not an anti Swansea thing, but an act that shows passion and pride to play for the shirt.
He's done himself no favours in refusing to do such a simple thing. If he was asked to kiss the badge, then I'd say fair play that's too much for a Swansea boy. He knew what he was signing into when he joined us.
Get rid asap. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:The Ayatollah is not an anti Swansea thing, but an act that shows passion and pride to play for the shirt.
He's done himself no favours in refusing to do such a simple thing. If he was asked to kiss the badge, then I'd say fair play that's too much for a Swansea boy. He knew what he was signing into when he joined us.

Spot on.
Swim away is anti-Cardiff and basically condones football violence.
Ayatollah comes from an away day fancy dress, and is just banter and fun.

Jazz has just "created" an issue just when things were going well.
If HE HAD done the Ayatollah it would have been a non event, it was expected.
By not doing so, it has become an issue purely created by himself.
His behaviour is childish and disrespectful.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Ketteringblues wrote:The Ayatollah is not an anti Swansea thing, but an act that shows passion and pride to play for the shirt.

Spot on.

Seems like some people saw him doing the Ayatollah so are you certain he is the one being childish.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

Spot on.

Seems like some people saw him doing the Ayatollah so are you certain he is the one being childish.

His behaviour is childish, he made it an issue.
By just doing it for 1 second none of this would have been blown up.

The question is not whether "it should be an issue".

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:18 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:Supporters of a club who, on the whole, stood idly by and watched a Malaysian billionaire f**k about with large parts of its identity a few years ago are now furious and filled with fire and passion (sorry, couldn't resist) because an ex Swansea player didn't fully engage in a tired and slightly embarrassing club ritual. You couldn't make it up.

Hear f*cking hear pal to much truth for some in there :old:

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:35 pm

So how come some fans say he did the Ayatollah in the second half? Are they making it up? He just needs to do it next Sunday and I hope Trollope tells him to.