Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' PAUL TROLLOPE TOLD TO SLASH £4.5 MILLION OFF WAGE BILL

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:47 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:OGS = Clueless Clown !!!

Sadly, very true. Nice bloke, but we are literally still paying for his folly.

Why do people always say nice bloke, but clueless, out of his depth, we are paying for his folly? Not having a go at you, as it seems to be the start of lots of decriptions of incompetent people in all walks of life.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Ole really did ruin our club financially and he's put us back several years with his reckless spending! Crazy how Tan allowed this all to happen, but at least he's finally starting to learn. Just a shame it's had a negative impact on Slade and now Trollope being able to bring in the players we need to take us forwards.

Personally I don't blame the manager for over 'spending'. That responsibility lies with the cheif executive or whoever controls the funds/ signs the cheque. 99% of managers are guna spend a fortune given the go ahead.

I agree, that's why I said it was crazy how Tan allowed Ole to bring in those players on those wages.

You're right. People always blame the manager, but it is up to the CEO or whoever signs the cheques should take responsibility. If Tan keeps blaming Malky for overspending, how does he explain OGS? At least Malky got us promoted, and we made no big overall loss on player purchases, they roughly balanced out. OGS has left the club with a massive financial hangover, that will take years to sort out.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:59 pm

I will be happy with a mid-table finish, with a style of more exciting football introduced as a future "Cardiff City" way.
The introduction and blooding of academy youngsters for the future development of the club.
That has to be the way forward. Trollope should be given a 2 year plan to arrange this.

Austerity (sorry, I mean living within our means) has to be introduced to the clubs finances, or there is no future.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:30 pm

abergblue wrote:I will be happy with a mid-table finish, with a style of more exciting football introduced as a future "Cardiff City" way.
The introduction and blooding of academy youngsters for the future development of the club.
That has to be the way forward. Trollope should be given a 2 year plan to arrange this.

Austerity (sorry, I mean living within our means) has to be introduced to the clubs finances, or there is no future.

Agree i be happy to settle for mid table if it went shaping the club in the right way, establishing some proper youth setup and atleast trying to be decent football.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:14 am

I think we can all agree that Tan and the board are right on this, the players named really won't add anything to a promotion/play off chase.