Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' PAUL TROLLOPE TOLD TO SLASH £4.5 MILLION OFF WAGE BILL '

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:36 am

UPDATED

BIRMINGHAM CITY HAVE MADE ENQUIRES REGARDING MACHEDA :ayatollah:

' PAUL TROLLOPE TOLD TO SLASH £4.5 MILLION OFF WAGE BILL '

New Cardiff City manager is told to get rid of the dead wood and you will save our club up to £4 million in wages a year.

The latest Cardiff City player to be told, find yourself another club is Kagisho Dikgacoi believed to be on £27,000 a week, signed in June 2014 under present owner Vincent Tan, under his then manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer.
Cardiff City will listen to offers for Dikgacoi and its also believed they could even be willing to let him go on a free transfer if another club would take his remaining year contract on.

In just over two years Dikgacoi has only made 25 appearances for the Bluebirds,turning out to be a very costly player.

With Adam Le Fondre also being told find another club now,but City wanting some fee for him, this could be harder for Paul Trollope to get rid of the £25,000 a week striker.

Federico Macheda has been told in no uncertain terms you can go now and on a free transfer,which would save Cardiff City another £25,000 a week.

Trollope has already this week moved goalie Simon Moore on to Charlton on a season long loan,saving our club approx £8,000 a week. Simon Moore is already in to his last season of his contract.

So Vincent Tan is hoping that by the end of August, his new manager Paul Trollope will have save Cardiff City £4.5 Million a year in wages :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' PAUL TROLLOPE TOLD TO SLASH £4.5 MILLION OFF WAGE BILL

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:43 am

4.5 mil seems a lot but if you look at it

Macheda and le fondre both on 25k a week

Combined would be 50k a week times 52 for the year

Already that's 2.6 mil off the bill just getting those 2 out

Get rid of dikgacoi and one other and that's 5 mil off
Last edited by CardiffCityBlue on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:43 am

Easier said than done Annis, who in there right mind will take on Dikachoi, Le Fondre, Adeyemi & Macheda on those wages

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:48 am

CardiffCityBlue wrote:4.5 mil seems a lot but if you look at it

It would be a fantastic saving, bad business by our club originally, but at least we are now trying to sort it all out.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 am

ThomasC wrote:Easier said than done Annis, who in there right mind will take on Dikachoi, Le Fondre, Adeyemi & Macheda on those wages

Thomas, I agree, easier said than done,I can see us having to pay some of it off ourselves, the wages were way to high.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ThomasC wrote:Easier said than done Annis, who in there right mind will take on Dikachoi, Le Fondre, Adeyemi & Macheda on those wages

Thomas, I agree, easier said than done,I can see us having to pay some of it off ourselves, the wages were way to high.

That's surely going to be the case. It's unrealistic for these players to want to take a pay cut at clubs elsewhere. They're not exactly players that are worried about playing at the highest levels as the players signed were nowhere near PL standard

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:54 am

ALF will be off to the MLS closely followed by Dikagchoi and Macheda back to Italy.. funnily enough I don't believe it will be hard to move them on.. they are decent enough names to get moves IMO and would be a fantastic saving for us. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:18 am

GummiTheBluebird wrote:ALF will be off to the MLS closely followed by Dikagchoi and Macheda back to Italy.. funnily enough I don't believe it will be hard to move them on.. they are decent enough names to get moves IMO and would be a fantastic saving for us. :ayatollah:

Wages will be a problem I think.
The big question is whether they will be happy playing reserve football for the year (sort of constructive dismissal) but still pick up £25k a week or go somewhere else for more of a look in on perhaps 12-15k per week.
I fear they may well be happy to pick up their wages here but I hope I'm wrong.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:56 am

Can't understand why any player would want to sit in the stand or play with the development team, yeah I know it's the money but surely professional pride would tell you it is better to be playing even if at a lower level.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:06 am

Ole really did ruin our club financially and he's put us back several years with his reckless spending! Crazy how Tan allowed this all to happen, but at least he's finally starting to learn. Just a shame it's had a negative impact on Slade and now Trollope being able to bring in the players we need to take us forwards.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:07 am

avondaleblue wrote:Can't understand why any player would want to sit in the stand or play with the development team, yeah I know it's the money but surely professional pride would tell you it is better to be playing even if at a lower level.

Sorry pal but your well off the mark here,If Alf is on the kind of money banded about on here he'll be lucky to get half of that elsewhere which judging crudely is about 12kpw?Who in their right right mind would give up that.Whatever happens its gonna be damage limitation at best.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:

We'll try to rid them but if by the 3rd week of August they are still here then I can see deals being done where we pay some of the wages, probably up to 50%.

That would still represent a significant saving however.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:21 am

Exactly. We may be forced to loan them again and maybe even pay part wages.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:03 pm

boys I honestly think that clubs will still take alf and he will take a pay cut he is desperate to get out. have to respect him a little bit for that as he could sit there and take the money but he wants out.. macheda will get a move based on his name and one goal against leeds (he's loved in Italy for some reason) lol and dikachgoi will move abroad.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:06 pm

This is what is wrong with current football

These wages for very average players at best are a disgrace

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:40 pm

People will still want promotion though :laughing6: :laughing6:

The way I see it if Trollope don't do better than slade then what was the point in him being put in charge if that's what u want to call his role. Although its just a face for the media to attack when things go wrong in truth. which I doubt most he has hardly any say in :old:

It comes as no suprise to most we are cost cutting still and will be the season after :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:48 pm

these players mentioned all arrived with big reputations and were paid a market rate. it was their subsequent half arsed attitudes that caused their wages to be much higher than their performances warranted and thus is a reflection of the players professionalism rather than the club.

although, in hindsight, alarm bells should have been ringing when it was clear le fondre didnt want to come here, and that we were offering more money to kagisho dikgacoi than he would have got in the premier league. as for macheda he was worth a gamble on a free. sadly, the gamble has not paid off.

it will be difficult to move these players on for decent fees as clubs will be well aware that we are very willing sellers.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:43 pm

I spent all last season saying on this forum that Slade was appointed to steady the ship while a massive cost cutting exercise was carried out. Nothing has changed other than the manager. The next year or two will be all about more reductions in running costs while trying to remain at this level. It is going to be tough for whoever manages this club as they are going to have to operate on a very tight budget, with little if any money to spend.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I spent all last season saying on this forum that Slade was appointed to steady the ship while a massive cost cutting exercise was carried out. Nothing has changed other than the manager. The next year or two will be all about more reductions in running costs while trying to remain at this level. It is going to be tough for whoever manages this club as they are going to have to operate on a very tight budget, with little if any money to spend.

its common knowledge that slade was brought in on the proviso that costs would be reduced. its clear tan has lost interest and so is looking to balance the books so we stop haemorrhaging money.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Ole really did ruin our club financially and he's put us back several years with his reckless spending! Crazy how Tan allowed this all to happen, but at least he's finally starting to learn. Just a shame it's had a negative impact on Slade and now Trollope being able to bring in the players we need to take us forwards.
we have
always been big payers, money's ruined football ole, milky, dave Jones under these managers ,average players getting to big of contracts all to blame I think thone days are over thankfully

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:39 pm

In reality 4.5m could be wiped off the wage bill without effecting the first team squad of last year. Problem is that's it's easier said than done to get rid of these players.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:28 pm

It's not just us trying to balance the books - not many championship big spenders out there.
Everyone trying to do a Bournemouth.

That said, who the f**k would take the three amigos ( le fondre, Mach and Dikki )?????????

it stinks how we can't get rid of players who have failed to meet their job description.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:52 pm

OGS = Clueless Clown !!!

Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:28 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:OGS = Clueless Clown !!!

Sadly, very true. Nice bloke, but we are literally still paying for his folly.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:28 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Ole really did ruin our club financially and he's put us back several years with his reckless spending! Crazy how Tan allowed this all to happen, but at least he's finally starting to learn. Just a shame it's had a negative impact on Slade and now Trollope being able to bring in the players we need to take us forwards.

Personally I don't blame the manager for over 'spending'. That responsibility lies with the cheif executive or whoever controls the funds/ signs the cheque. 99% of managers are guna spend a fortune given the go ahead.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:48 am

Patience is required,but that is costly for City.

Past excesses are still costing Cardiff literally and metaphorically, and it is damning that Adam Le Fondre, Kiko Macheda and Kagisho Dikgacoi were not even a part of the squad in Germany.

None were insignificant investments. Patience is required to sort their situations out and Trollope could have to mostly make do with what he has until that point.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CardiffCityBlue wrote:4.5 mil seems a lot but if you look at it

It would be a fantastic saving, bad business by our club originally, but at least we are now trying to sort it all out.

Not too bad business because at the end of the day these are good players, just another bunch tht haven't performed to their best for us. I wouldnt b surprised if they all play well at their new clubs

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:13 am

Difficult task.

Dikajcoi is a liability. Who is going to want him on £27k a week? Possibly in Africa or China somewhere.

I wold suspect someone will come in for Le Fondre but only on loan which will still mean City paying some of his wages. City got lucky last term with Wolves taking the hit but who is likely to do that season?

Macheda is an enigma. He clearly has talent but just cannot maximise his potential. I thought he was going back to Italy?

Out of the 3 Macheda is the most saleable one.

If Birmingham want him then please take him but please do not add Cottrill in as a part of the deal.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:22 am

If the club stopped paying Dikgacoi's Burger King invoices that would save a considerable sum.

:thumbup:

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Personally I don't blame the manager for over 'spending'. That responsibility lies with the cheif executive or whoever controls the funds/ signs the cheque. 99% of managers are guna spend a fortune given the go ahead.

I agree, that's why I said it was crazy how Tan allowed Ole to bring in those players on those wages.