Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ALL TODAYS MAJOR FOOTBALL NEWS 27/07/16 "

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:07 am

" ALL TODAYS MAJOR FOOTBALL NEWS 27/07/16 "

FOOTBALL PAPER TALK

Wednesday 27th July 2016

Let's take a look at some of the top stories in today's national papers :thumbright: :thumbright:

Joe Allen's move to Stoke will trigger a string of Liverpool sales that could see the club rake in £100m-plus this summer.

Chelsea and Everton will do battle for Portugal's £30m-rated midfielder William Carvalho and Napoli centre-half Kalidou Koulibaly. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool have failed with a £33.5m bid for Sporting Lisbon's Euro 2016 winner Joao Mario, according to the Portugal midfielder's father. (Daily Star)

Manchester City are closing in on a double swoop for £67m pair Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus. (The Sun)

Monaco are ready to rival Arsenal for the signing of Barcelona's Turkey midfielder Arda Turan. (Daily Express)

Everton are lining up Sunderland's £15m Lamine Kone as they prepare for the possibility of losing John Stones. (Daily Mail)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " ALL TODAYS MAJOR FOOTBALL NEWS 27/07/16 "

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:13 am

" DAILY MIRROR "

Lyon will not sell Alexandre Lacazette to Arsenal for less than £40m.

Chelsea and Everton will do battle for Portugal's £30m-rated midfielder William Carvalho and Napoli centre-half Kalidou Koulibaly.

Agent Mino Raiola has cancelled Paul Pogba's Manchester United medical as a row over his commission continues to hold up the deal.

Man City are confident of beating some of Europe's biggest clubs to the signing of 'new Neymar' Gabriel Jesus of Palmeiras.

Harry Redknapp says new England boss Sam Allardyce should stick with Wayne Rooney as skipper - or recall John Terry.

Crystal Palace are sweating over the fitness of Wilfried Zaha's fitness ahead of the new Premier League season after he sat out the 1-0 friendly win over Colchester.

Stoke have offered Marko Arnautovic an improved four-year deal to ward off interest from Everton.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:15 am

" DAILY STAR "

Liverpool have failed with a £33.5m bid for Sporting Lisbon's Euro 2016 winner Joao Mario, according to the Portugal midfielder's father.

John Stones has told Everton he wants to play for Pep Guardiola at Man City.

Saido Mane has revealed he snubbed a move to Manchester United in favour of joining Liverpool.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:17 am

" THE SUN "

Pep Guardiola has banned pizza as he fights to get his Man City players in shape for the Premier League season.

Manchester City are closing in on a double swoop for £67m pair Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus.

Paul Pogba's record £100m switch to Manchester United moved closer after Juventus signed Gonzalo Higuain.

Forward Jese Rodriguez has asked to leave Real Madrid, and Arsenal and Liverpool could be interested.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:19 am

" DAILY EXPRESS "

Monaco are ready to rival Arsenal for the signing of Barcelona's Turkey midfielder Arda Turan.

Valencia's Shkodran Mustafi and Fabian Schar of Hoffenheim are Arsenal's latest centre-half targets following confirmation Per Mertesacker is facing months out.

Borussia Dortmund have rubbished the latest reports linking Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang with Man City.

David Moyes is interested in bringing Manchester United's Marouane Fellaini to Sunderland.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 am

" THE GUARDIAN "

Man City will make three signings this week, adding young Colombian forward Marlos Moreno to the expected arrivals of Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:22 am

" THE DAILY MAIL "

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has arrived in Manchester and will join up with his United team-mates this week ahead of a weekend friendly in Sweden.

Man City are on the verge of completing their double deal for Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus.

MAcademy teams from Chelsea and Leicester are set to play in this season's EFL Trophy.

Joe Allen's move to Stoke will trigger a string of Liverpool sales that could see the club rake in £100m-plus this summer.

Everton are lining up Sunderland's £15m Lamine Kone as they prepare for the possibility of losing John Stones.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:23 am

ZIDANE: JAMES NOT FOR SALE

Zinedine Zidane says James Rodriguez will not be leaving Real Madrid this summer.

The Colombian has been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu after struggling to hold down a first-team spot last season.

But Real head coach Zidane said: “He is a Real Madrid player and he is going to stay.”

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:40 am

ZIDANE UNSURE ON POGBA

Paul Pogba. Is he leaving Juventus? Is he joining Manchester United? How about Real Madrid?

Zinedine Zidane says at the moment he "does not know".

"Until August 31 anything can happen. He is not yet a Madrid player. We cannot talk about what will happen.

"The question is direct and I always say things. But now is not the time to talk about it. Everyone is interested in Pogba. He is a great player and when you're with Madrid you always want the best. Now you have to respect some things, he is a Juve player, today I cannot say anything."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:41 am

CITY IN TALKS FOR TRIO

Manchester City fans, we've got some news for you.

We understand that City are in talks to sign Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus and Marlos Moreno.

Sane is expected back at Schalke today after an extended break following the Euros. He told the club he wanted to leave last week and City remain in negotiations. The German club would like around £40m.

City are also in talks with Palmeiras in Brazil and Colombian side Atletico Nacional. Atletico would like around £8m for Moreno. Gabriel Jesus is highly rated in Brazil for his pace, dribbling and attacking skills and he’s part of the Brazil team for the Olympics – he could cost way in advance of £20m.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:43 am

WENGER KEEPING PLANS SECRET

Arsene Wenger does not plan to reveal Arsenal's transfer plans after Lyon claimed yesterday that they rejected an offer from the Gunners for Alexandre Lacazette.

"Lyon are responsible for their own statements," said Wenger. "On the transfer front, I think the best [option] is always to keep it as secret as possible. If we sign somebody, we will announce it. But I cannot tell you much more on that."

Arsenal have signed Rob Holding and Granit Xhaka so far this summer.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:43 am

FISHING FOR ROD?

As you saw below, Zinedine Zidane says James Rodriguez is going nowhere but Sky Bet make Manchester United just 3/1 to sign him this summer.

The Red Devils are odds-on to secure the signature of Paul Pogba and just 9/1 to snap up Leonardo Bonucci.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:44 am

SMITH AGREES BOURNEMOUTH DEAL

Player's representatives of Liverpool defender Brad Smith held talks with Bournemouth on Monday, with Sky Sports News HQ understanding a deal for his move to the Vitality Stadium has been agreed.

Smith is expected to have a medical in next 48 hours after flying home from Liverpool's tour of the United States.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 am

MANE REVEALS UTD INTEREST

Sadio Mane says there was interest from Manchester United before he left Southampton to join Liverpool.

The Senegal international became the Reds' third most expensive signing behind Andy Carroll and Christian Benteke when he joined for £30m a month ago.

Asked by the Liverpool Echo about interest from Old Trafford when he was leaving Southampton, Mane said: "Yes, it was true.

"There was interest from a lot of clubs, not just Manchester United, but as soon as I knew Liverpool were interested I just felt it was the right club with the right coach.

"It was right for me to come here. As soon as I was told of the possibility to come here and I knew the manager wanted me I said yes.

"It was the right move. I recognise the size of the club and to progress to another level as a player this was the club and the moment for me. It was a step I needed to make."

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 am

TIOTE UPDATE

Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira are interested in signing Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote, Sky sources understand.

The Ivorian failed to travel with the team for tonight's friendly at Southend, and we understand a bid is on the table for Tiote, who has one year left on his contract.

Newcastle have declined to comment on the report.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 am

LYON: LACAZETTE IRREPLACEABLE

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has labelled striker Alexandre Lacazette “irreplaceable” as speculation linking him with a move to Arsenal continues.

Speaking to FootMercato, Aulas said: ”Alexandre is irreplaceable. It would be a professional mistake to sell him.

“For me, he will score more goals than Cavani this season and I imagine him doing incredible things in the Champions League.

“For all these reasons, I cannot imagine him leaving. I think he wants to realise a big season with Lyon. Alexandre will be at Lyonnais.”

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:49 am

NOVO IN NORTHERN IRELAND

Former Rangers favourite Nacho Novo has signed a one-year deal with Northern Irish side Glentoran.

The Dankse Bank Premiership side announced the deal on Tuesday ahead of a pre-season friendly against Sirocco Works.

The 37-year-old striker, who enjoyed spells with Raith and Dundee before a trophy-laden six years at Ibrox, was available on a free transfer having most-recently represented the Carolina RailHawks in the North American Soccer League.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:50 am

BAGGIES KEEN ON SCHLUPP

West Brom are reportedly preparing to make a fresh bid for Leicester’s Jeffrey Schlupp.

The Express and Star say the Baggies saw an opening offer of £9m turned down by the champions.

But they are keen on a left-back and remain interested in Schlupp, who has three years left on his contract.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:11 am

SEVENTH

Striker Leon Clarke has become Sheffield United's seventh summer signing.

He has joined on a three-year deal after the Blades agreed an undisclosed fee with Bury.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:54 am

BORO IN GUZAN TALKS

Middlesbrough are in talks with Aston Villa over goalkeeper Brad Guzan, according to Sky sources.

The 31-year-old is surplus to requirements at Villa, with only a year remaining on his contract.

Boro, who have already signed Victor Valdes to become their No 1, want Guzan to battle Tomas Meijas and Dimi Konstantopolous as back-up.

Guzan should be signed in time for Saturday's friendly - ironically at Aston Villa.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:26 pm

FAW will struggle to keep hold of Chris Coleman

BBC

Wednesday 27th July 2016

BBC pundit Dean Saunders believes the FAW will struggle to keep hold of boss Chris Coleman despite him signing a new contract that takes him through to the 2018 World Cup.

Saunders, speaking in an interview with Reuters, believes Premier League and European clubs will be approaching Coleman now.

I don’t know if the FA are going to be able to keep hold of Chris, I think someone will probably snap him up soon.

“Right now his stock is high so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has had offers to go to a Premier League club or to go abroad. I’d imagine that’s what is probably happening as we speak.”

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:05 pm

VILLARREAL CONFIRM PATO

He's passed his medical and now Villarreal have confirmed the signing of Corinthians striker Alexandre Pato.

The 26-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Chelsea, has signed a four-year deal at El Madrigal.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Birmingham City have announced the signing of Daniel Cleary from Liverpool

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:47 pm

OXFORD SIGN HEMMINGS

Oxford United have completed the signing of Dundee striker Kane Hemmings on a three-year deal.