Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COULD BIRMINGHAM CITY GO FOR BLUEBIRD STRIKER??

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:40 am

COULD BIRMINGHAM CITY GO FOR BLUEBIRD STRIKER??

A VIEW FROM ST ANDREWS ON THEIR NEED FOR A STRIKER:

Tuesday 26th July 2016

On Monday afternoon, Cardiff City boss Paul Trollope announced that the Welsh club would be willing to listen to offers from other clubs for two of their strikers, one being former Blues loanee Federico Macheda.

However, despite Macheda being put up for sale, he is not the striker that I think Birmingham City should be going after, although I wouldn't push away the chance of resigning him because at least he knew where the goal was!

The striker I think Blues should attempt to sign from the Bluebirds is none other than former Wolverhampton Wanderers loanee Adam Le Fondre.

At 29, Le Fondre has been in the Sky Bet Championship for sometime, playing with the likes of Cardiff, Wolves and Bolton Wanderers and I think if Blues were to make a move to sign him then he would certainly ease our goal issues.

Yes, he may not have had his most prolific season with our Midlands rivals last campaign, scoring just three goals in 30 appearances in all competitions, but he has the ability to be made back into the fantastic striker he once was.

After Trollope told BBC Radio Wales Sport that Le Fondre 'can look for pastures new', in my opinion, Blues would be silly not to test the water with a weak bid just to see how desperate Cardiff are to get rid of their surplus requirement forward.

Whilst Le Fondre was on loan at Bolton Wanderers in the second half of the 2014/15 Championship season, he showed just how good he really was at this level.

Things didn't work out well for him that season at Cardiff, scoring just three goals in 25 appearances in the league, but when he moved to the Trotters in January, things took off for him, probably better than he would have ever expected them to in all honesty.

In 17 appearances in the white shirt of Bolton, Le Fondre found the back of the net an impressive eight times, giving him a goal to game ratio of one in a little over two matches in the league.

Personally, I thin Le Fondre is the sort of striker that we have been missing, a real goal poacher, and even though he is 29, I still believe we would be able to bring the best out of him if he was in a royal blue shirt.

Blues fans, what do you think? Would Adam Le Fondre be a good signing for the club? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section down below!

Read more: http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co. ... z4FTVMtf19

Re: COULD BIRMINGHAM CITY GO FOR BLUEBIRD STRIKER??

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:09 am

I'm happy to give either a lift

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:30 am

Can we not do BOGOF? They could have 2 for the price of 1 ;)

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 am

welshrarebit wrote:Can we not do BOGOF? They could have 2 for the price of 1 ;)
we can only hope :laughing6:

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 am

Couldn't poach an egg for us, never mind goals!