A forum for all things Cardiff City

' TOM ADEYEMI ? '

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:30 pm

' TOM ADEYEMI ? '

A shot at redemption for Tom Adeyemi?

InsideCardiffCity

Monday July 25th 2016

image.jpeg

Tom Adeyemi has been given a second chance to reignite his career at Cardiff City after being included in the first team squad this pre-season.

The central midfielder who was bought for £1 million under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, spent the whole of last season on loan at Championship rivals Leeds United, where he played seventeen times in the league.

The Bluebirds boast an abundance of central midfielders and it came as a shock to see Tom Adeyemi’s included in the squad for last Saturday’s fixture against Shrewsbury Town, as well as the Germany-based tour.

Adeyemi is just a few months away from reaching his mid-twenties, he is at a point in his career where he needs to nail down a starting spot, whether it is here or at another club. He was ousted out of the Leeds line-up last season by former Cardiff target Liam Bridcutt. Adeyemi started his loan spell well but his performances went downhill.

At Birmingham he was appointed vice-captain in a Blues’ side that narrowly avoided relegation, only beating the drop on goal difference. His time at Birmingham saw him win the club’s young player of the year award.

With Trollope being instructed to play more Welsh players and Tommy O’Sullivan, three years younger than Adeyemi, fitting what is being asked of the head coach, playing Adeyemi could be seen as a questionable decision but but the 24-year-old certainly has more experience at this level.

With pre-season squads, it can be difficult to decipher what a manager’s plans are but the fact Tom Adeyemi has been training with the first team and has played in first team friendlies up to now, gives him at least half a chance of starting afresh with the Bluebirds. Especially compared to Federico Macheda, Kagisho Dikgacoi and Adam Le Fondre who have been training with the younger players.

Paul Trollope has only seen Adeyemi for a select few months with Adeyemi’s best games arriving in the earlier stages of his career. Whether the box-to-box midfielder can keep himself in the back of Trollope’s mind or if he is moved on, it’s healthy to see so much competition for the Bluebirds’ midfield spots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' TOM ADEYEMI ? '

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Couldn't give him away. That's why he stays

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Hope he stays, think he is a good pkayer.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:36 pm

I hope he comes good for us coz I seen potential if managed right

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:I hope he comes good for us coz I seen potential if managed right

:thumbup:

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:28 am

wez1927 wrote:I hope he comes good for us coz I seen potential if managed right

Wez, I agree with you on Adeyemi. I remember the first game he played and he got injured putting in a fantastic challenge after a bright start to the game :thumbup:

I had high hopes for him but he did appear to go off the boil afterwards (and I include his time Leeds in that) and we can just hope that PT gives him an opportunity and he (Adeyemi) seizes it like others on the fringe or excluded under RS :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:15 am

He showed real promise when he joined us and also began very well for Leeds, scoring a few . Consistency is a real problem, but maybe Trollope will be patient. However, he's got four central midfielders ahead of him in terms of selection and, under the new system we can only use two in the line-up.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:06 pm

bluemun wrote:He showed real promise when he joined us and also began very well for Leeds, scoring a few . Consistency is a real problem, but maybe Trollope will be patient. However, he's got four central midfielders ahead of him in terms of selection and, under the new system we can only use two in the line-up.

I thought so too, looked great when he first joined up. Hopefully If given a chance he can kick on.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:07 pm

I think he is great he's strong fast a string tackler, can pick out a pass and he also chips in with a few goals

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:42 pm

He certainly has potential. It's a shame he went to Leeds last season who chop and change manages every week. A season out on loan at a solid dependable club where he would get games would have helped him no end. I still think he will be one of those we let go and regret like Rudy.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:22 pm

He just isn't good enough, struggles to control and pass the ball, continually gives possession away and takes wrong options.

People say he has legs to get around the pitch, but failing to make a single block within his 20 appearances for us suggests he lacks positional sense and the desire to throw his body on the line when it matters.

Steve Evans dropped Adeyemi because he wasn't pulling his weight effort wise.

He's failed with his loan spell last season. He isn't good enough. He doesn't seem the type of character required to succeed for us. I would get rid asap.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:He just isn't good enough, struggles to control and pass the ball, continually gives possession away and takes wrong options.

People say he has legs to get around the pitch, but failing to make a single block within his 20 appearances for us suggests he lacks positional sense and the desire to throw his body on the line when it matters.

Steve Evans dropped Adeyemi because he wasn't pulling his weight effort wise.

He's failed with his loan spell last season. He isn't good enough. He doesn't seem the type of character required to succeed for us. I would get rid asap.

I don't think i've ever labelled a player 'boring' before, so here it is. I think everything he does is boring, from the lack of aggression to the side-wards pass. Agree with Ross

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:46 pm

I think he is being given one last chance.