Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City in China '

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Cardiff City keen to develop long-term links with China as they deliver coaching sessions to Beijing schoolchildren

Monday 25th July 2016

BY MATTHEW SOUTHCOMBE

Creating a relationship with Asia is one of owner Vincent Tan's main objectives

' Cardiff City in China '

Cardiff City have sent coaches to Beijing to deliver training sessions for schoolchildren as they look to develop links with China.

In partnership with the Welsh Government, Beijing FA and Beijing 21st Century Welfare Foundation, the Bluebirds will put on six days of coaching for youngsters aged eight to 14.

The club are hoping to build long-term relationships in Asia, with plans to bring Chinese youngsters over to Wales in the near future.

"The week ahead will allow our coaches to educate and nurture some of Beijing’s youngsters, whilst we aim to bring young Chinese players over to our beautiful country of Wales in the near future so as to give them a first-hand taste of British football.

"This is about establishing a long-term, cohesive bond,” Cardiff City chief executive Ken Choo told representatives of the Public Welfare Foundation and Beijing FA.

The club's international development manager Joel Hutton, former striker Scott Young and Choo all joined the Bluebirds coaches at a Beijing football tournament over the weekend to kick off the initiative.

And the chief exec went on to reveal that developing links with Asia is one of owner Vincent Tan's main objectives.

Choo added: “I believe this visit will be of huge benefit to all parties as we share experiences and skills between our two great nations.

"I’d like to thank the Beijing FA and Public Welfare Foundation for their welcome this week - whilst I welcome the young Chinese players into the embrace of our great club, Cardiff City, and our country, Wales.

“Grassroots Football development in China and Asia is one of Tan Sri Vincent key objectives. It’s his belief that cross-cultural exchanges such as this are important in bringing people from all over the world together through football."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City in China '

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Perhaps that was one of his evil plans locked in the cabinet :laughing6: Cardiff City in China

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Choo added: “I believe this visit will be of huge benefit to all parties as we share experiences and skills between our two great nations.

How does this benefit Cardiff City exactly? From what I read, coaches will be redeployed to Beijing instead of coaching here. :digging2:

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

"It’s his belief that cross-cultural exchanges such as this are important in bringing people from all over the world together through football."

wasn't there enough cultural exchanges at the Euroes? Image

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:19 am

Stoke city have been running soccer schools here in Shanghai with us all through the summer. There is a whealth of talent in China and I think more clubs will be doing these sessions to see what talent they can pick up.
Manure played Dortmund here last Sunday night at the Shanghai stadium (Sven Goran Erikson's SIPG ground) and also Manure play man city in Beijing this weekend.
It's all happening in China at the moment. When I am not travelling back to a city game (10,000 miles!!!) I go to watch Shanghai Shenwa and not SIPG as shenwa play in BLUE! Names you will have recognised from Shenwa, Tim Cahill left last season and Demba Ba, who unfortunately broke his leg in the shenwa v SIPG derby 2 weeks ago.
I'll keep those posted of all what is going on here over the coming weeks. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:45 am

Neath Bluebird wrote:Stoke city have been running soccer schools here in Shanghai with us all through the summer. There is a whealth of talent in China and I think more clubs will be doing these sessions to see what talent they can pick up.
Manure played Dortmund here last Sunday night at the Shanghai stadium (Sven Goran Erikson's SIPG ground) and also Manure play man city in Beijing this weekend.
It's all happening in China at the moment. When I am not travelling back to a city game (10,000 miles!!!) I go to watch Shanghai Shenwa and not SIPG as shenwa play in BLUE! Names you will have recognised from Shenwa, Tim Cahill left last season and Demba Ba, who unfortunately broke his leg in the shenwa v SIPG derby 2 weeks ago.
I'll keep those posted of all what is going on here over the coming weeks. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Good on you, my brother works in Guangzhou, language teacher :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:48 am

Neath Bluebird wrote:Stoke city have been running soccer schools here in Shanghai with us all through the summer. There is a whealth of talent in China and I think more clubs will be doing these sessions to see what talent they can pick up.

to be critical of you're post though, clubs are not going there to look at Chinese kids play football, it's about money. Cardiff getting cash, pro-coaches of top football clubs will be paid handsomely

That's not to say that the first 'superstar' Chinese player will not be one of the most, if not the most marketable player on this planet. Perhaps you're assertions have some logic actually