Not only city!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not only city!

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:25 am

So some fans blamed city for their game being called off for not checking pitch properly? Well man c v man u called off same reason only difference is 100k fans and millions TV was watching! Who's going to be blamed? ? :lol:
pembroke allan

Not only city!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Not only city!

Postby jon1959 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:40 am

pembroke allan wrote:So some fans blamed city for their game being called off for not checking pitch properly? Well man c v man u called off same reason only difference is 100k fans and millions TV was watching! Who's going to be blamed? ? :lol:

Vincent Tan?
jon1959

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:32 am

I blame brexit :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sven » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:So some fans blamed city for their game being called off for not checking pitch properly? Well man c v man u called off same reason only difference is 100k fans and millions TV was watching! Who's going to be blamed? ? :lol:

All down to Cardiff City and/or Vincent Tan, Allan. It's plainly obvious to anyone! ;) :thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby ThomasC » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Was the game in Germany called off due to 'recent weather events?' :roll: :?
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Manchester 'derby' friendly called off in Beijing
By SSN HQ
Last Updated: 25/07/16 12:39pm

The first Manchester derby outside of England has been called off because of a bad pitch in Beijing
The first Manchester derby outside of England has been called off because of a bad pitch in Beijing
Monday's International Champions Cup match between Manchester City and Manchester United has been called off because of the state of the pitch in Beijing.

A statement on the United website confirmed what would have been the first Manchester derby outside the UK had been postponed after heavy rain and storms in the build-up left the Bird's Nest playing surface in a poor state.

"Due to recent weather events, tournament organisers and participating clubs have made the decision to cancel the International Champions Cup fixture to be played in Beijing tonight, 25 July," said the statement.
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:14 pm

To put you right on a few things Allan, Cardiff did actually play on a surface that was deemed unplayable hence the postponment mid-match. In China, there was a pitch inspection prior to the match taking place. We are talking about Premiership clubs after all :thumbup:
ThomasC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:56 pm

ThomasC wrote:

To put you right on a few things Allan, Cardiff did actually play on a surface that was deemed unplayable hence the postponment mid-match. In China, there was a pitch inspection prior to the match taking place. We are talking about Premiership clubs after all :thumbup:

This match was not called off an hour before kick off either. They had been aware for a week of the possibility of the match not going ahead due to non stop heavy rain. The Man C groundsman had even spent several days at the ground prior to the match in an effort to assist with the pitch. The Manchester sides did not arrive at the ground to find it unplayable. Probably something to with real preperation and planning.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:08 pm

wez1927 wrote:I blame brexit :lol:

I do as well Wez :lol:

And I reckon it's Allan's fault as he says we have awful
Fans :shock:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby ThomasC » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

This match was not called off an hour before kick off either. They had been aware for a week of the possibility of the match not going ahead due to non stop heavy rain. The Man C groundsman had even spent several days at the ground prior to the match in an effort to assist with the pitch. The Manchester sides did not arrive at the ground to find it unplayable. Probably something to with real preperation and planning.

There you go Steve, thanks for the info. No idea why Allan found this as a reason for points scoring against what was obviously a complete farce in Germany. :thumbup: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

You are always complaining about poor attendances bad atmosphere ext ect that to me is calling our fans awful !!!!!!!
Surprised you didn't blame tan? :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:37 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

There you go Steve, thanks for the info. No idea why Allan found this as a reason for points scoring against what was obviously a complete farce in Germany. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Point is it can happen to best teams not just our club ? Or is that not true ?????according to Steve they had a week to sort it and didn't now isn't that poor management by both clubs or is it an act of God? ? :laughing5
:
pembroke allan

Postby ThomasC » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Point is it can happen to best teams not just our club ? Or is that not true ?????

No, it's not true that Man Utd or Man City will arrange games on unplayable pitches :thumbright:
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

according to Steve they had a week to sort it and didn't now isn't that poor management by both clubs or is it an act of God? ? :laughing5
:

What would you like the event organiser to do Allan? Move the game away from Beijing ? :shock:
ThomasC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:01 pm

ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

according to Steve they had a week to sort it and didn't now isn't that poor management by both clubs or is it an act of God? ? :laughing5
:

What would you like the event organiser to do Allan? Move the game away from Beijing ? :shock:

The main difference between us and the game in China was that both Manchester sides had expressed concerns about the pitch several days begore the match. They had obviously done their homework, and knew that the playing surface was not up to standard following days of torrential rain. The match was officially called off 8 hours before the scheduled kick off. We appeared not to know that the pitch was unplayable until the team actually arrived to play the game. Seems a bit amateurish, but as someone has already said, maybe that's the difference between Premier League sides and our division.
Steve Zodiak

Postby ThomasC » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Me, Steve & Keith I think it was did give the club a bit of stick for that friendly in Germany and rightly so, but, that's all forgotten about now. I have no idea why Allan has this vendetta against those who merely pointed out administrative flaws.
ThomasC

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You are always complaining about poor attendances bad atmosphere ext ect that to me is calling our fans awful !!!!!!!
Surprised you didn't blame tan? :thumbup:

No I've never slated those that go and support our team, Allan no matter what the results etc are a fact :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Our attendances are poor another fact and our club are very very concerned and as a loyal City fan so am I.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RV Casual » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Why would Cardiff have known what the pitch was going to be like untill they got there?, surely these things are done on trust and if you arrange a game away to another proffesional club you would be expecting them to ensure the pitch was up to scratch?

Dont see how that incident was in anyway Cardiffs fault?
RV Casual

Postby ThomasC » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:19 pm

RV Casual wrote:Why would Cardiff have known what the pitch was going to be like untill they got there?, surely these things are done on trust and if you arrange a game away to another proffesional club you would be expecting them to ensure the pitch was up to scratch?

Dont see how that incident was in anyway Cardiffs fault?

Would you change you're opinion if Cardiff arranged a friendly with a semi-pro team? Because that's what RW Ahen are.
ThomasC

Postby RV Casual » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:12 pm

No I dont think I would to be fair.

I don't think City to blame at all, the home team should know if the pitch is unplayable, the away side just turn up 2-3 hours before.

Home side completely at fault profesional or semi pro makes no difference.

Even if Cardiff had sent someone out there a few months back when they arranged the tour to scope the pitch out it could have been absolutely fine then and they would not have known it was unplayable till the day of the game.
RV Casual

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Return to General Chat