Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Takeover is officially complete

Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:05 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -molineux/

Wolves have finally completed their £45m Chinese takeover, will they be a force to be reckoned with this season?

Re: The Takeover is officially complete

Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:48 pm

They will have more steel about them :laughing6:

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:24 pm

let me guess, the owner intends to make wolves the biggest club in china? no doubt everyone from guangzhou to beijing will be wearing the hallowed orange and black jersey within ten years.

you have to feel for english managers, they are being squeezed out of the championship now. this will almost certainly mean another foreign appointment.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:33 pm

They want 6-8 players and have super agent jordie mendez working with them

Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:07 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:let me guess, the owner intends to make wolves the biggest club in china? no doubt everyone from guangzhou to beijing will be wearing the hallowed orange and black jersey within ten years.

you have to feel for english managers, they are being squeezed out of the championship now. this will almost certainly mean another foreign appointment.

why the hell don't i put money on my predictions? :( :(

Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:24 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:They want 6-8 players and have super agent jordie mendez working with them

We had super financier Keith Harris looking for investors in CCFC for years and he came up with f**k all!

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:37 am

davids wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:They want 6-8 players and have super agent jordie mendez working with them

We had super financier Keith Harris looking for investors in CCFC for years and he came up with f**k all!

Think mr Harris spent most of his time with his fist up orville's arse

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:51 am

davids wrote:

Not strictly true. The guy tried very hard, as there was money in it for him

You need to remember the club were pretty much insolvent and uninvestible at that point, so the alleged vultures merely had to wait for it all to come tumbling down for easy pickings

That they (the vultures) didn't step in even when we were minutes away from closure peaks volumes about the total lack of interest from local and other international investors

Even TG (and later Tan) could have let the club sink and "done a Swansea" before rising from the flames in a phoenix-like action, but it is to his credit that they didn't and I seem to remember an awful lot of Cardiff City fans being pretty grateful at the time

That's not defending Tan; more informing you that Keith Harris didn't actually "do f**k all" :ayatollah: