Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: REFUGEES: A warning from Syria

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:11 am

goats wrote:Bush did start all this and Blair. Hard to see how it will ever end. Shame we can't let them have there Islamic state to do whatever bollox they enjoy, as long as it stays within their borders so what. It wouldn't though so no brainer. Fortunately in Cardiff we have a very good and Muslim community that have been integrated over 100 years or more. good people who know exactly what's going on and who the bad eggs are.

Hasn't worked completely as a few cardiff muslims fucked off to join ISIS and I know one thankfully got splattered, so there is hatred and brainwashing being spread somewhere in the cardiff Islamic community.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:46 am

murphy wrote:
goats wrote:Bush did start all this and Blair. Hard to see how it will ever end. Shame we can't let them have there Islamic state to do whatever bollox they enjoy, as long as it stays within their borders so what. It wouldn't though so no brainer. Fortunately in Cardiff we have a very good and Muslim community that have been integrated over 100 years or more. good people who know exactly what's going on and who the bad eggs are.

Hasn't worked completely as a few cardiff muslims fucked off to join ISIS and I know one thankfully got splattered, so there is hatred and brainwashing being spread somewhere in the cardiff Islamic community.

Well said, you can't just wish away a problem. Cardiff Jihadists fighting in Syria at best suggests the Muslim community in Cardiff have some work to do in combating extremist views

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:50 am

I'm sorry I just read this and can't stay quiet on it. The idea IS will 'stay in their borders' when IS proclaimed purpose is for for an Islamic Caliphate Worldwide is just bordering on idiotic. I'm sorry if that offends.

If they managed to get a hold of Syria, it's Lebanon next

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:51 am

ThomasC wrote:
murphy wrote:

Well said, you can't just wish away a problem. Cardiff Jihadists fighting in Syria at best suggests the Muslim community in Cardiff have some work to do in combating extremist views

totally agree they are not blameless at all

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:09 am

ThomasC wrote:
murphy wrote:

Thomas this is the whole point I'm try to make - when you say the Muslim "Community" you imply as if we all know one another, as if we're one big family - we're NOT. Just like every other "community" we not one huge group with a "leader" (I read that so often about "community leaders") just like every one else we're a collection of individual from very different backgrounds and different views on politics, religion and everything else.
Why do you insist on speaking ONLY of Muslims as one bloc?

Most of the ISIS guys are NON-practising Muslims any way - these guys in France were all career criminals doing every possible un-Islamic practice. These are not the type of guys you find in mosques.
These are mostly ignorant young guys who are self radicalised almost always over the internet.

How do you know that we don't have relatives in the armies and Police forces of some these countries affected by ISIS, fighting them and being injured or killed while performing their duties. Do not turn this into an us versus them debate - or divert it from being a war on ISIS/extremism to being a war on Islam.

I do not and I will not accept any responsibility for the actions of these nutters.

NB these guys who fucked off to Syria - they have gone on to kill mostly MUSLIMS - MUSLIMS are the number one victims of ISIS. There is no love lost for ISIS in the Muslim "community" - there may well be sympathisers or mental young boys who are easily suggestible but how on earth can you hold thousands of other people who are completely unaware of this tiny minority responsible?

I repeat has anyone held the Leeds area where the Britain First headcase killed the Labour MP responsible. Has his "community" been under the spotlight? Have women from that area been abused for not stopping an attack they were completely unaware of??

My "community" here in the Docks is made up of all types of people - not just Muslims - we don't all sit around radicalising one another. We have the same mundane issues as every other fucker - work, mortgage, rent, schooling for our kids etc.

Stop the demonising. You seem to be an intelligent guy and you are also a moderator so, I believe, you have a responsibility to word things very carefully and also to be aware of the current witch hunt of a small and mostly voiceless "community" ESPECIALLY on this footie board and I've seen it before where these kind of discussions quickly descend into incitement and hate speech.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:01 pm

nojac wrote:I'm on holiday, and where I am there are plenty of nationalities and I assume different religions.
But all I see is plenty of kids of different colours and different cultures all playing together.
Their parents may have burkhas, turbans or speedos on.
But every child is having fun and playing together.
No child is born a terrorist, a racist or whatever. I'm afraid we has adults create them, so perhaps we should take a good hard look at ourselves.
Yes I'm wary of a guy and his wife in her burka, but that is probably because of publicity and me being naive about different cultures.
But to see how other people from all parts of the world get along and are polite and kind to one another while on holiday, who knows perhaps it is only a minority that want war and destruction ?

Good shout that :thumbright:

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Yasser in Cardiff wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
murphy wrote:

Thomas this is the whole point I'm try to make - when you say the Muslim "Community" you imply as if we all know one another, as if we're one big family - we're NOT. Just like every other "community" we not one huge group with a "leader" (I read that so often about "community leaders") just like every one else we're a collection of individual from very different backgrounds and different views on politics, religion and everything else.
Why do you insist on speaking ONLY of Muslims as one bloc?

I understand you're frustration that Islam is being targeted in sweeping generalisations, but, I don't know how to debate ISIS extremism without calling it an 'Islamic Problem'

Most of the ISIS guys are NON-practising Muslims any way - these guys in France were all career criminals doing every possible un-Islamic practice. These are not the type of guys you find in mosques.
These are mostly ignorant young guys who are self radicalised almost always over the internet.

Agree with the brainwashing being done over the internet. I don't know if the Cardiff Jihadi attended mosques in Cardiff or not. You have to admit, some extremists have attended mosques in the UK, and some have been encouraged let's say to have certain sympathies. How widespread that is, I can concede perhaps it's not as much as non-muslims may believe

How do you know that we don't have relatives in the armies and Police forces of some these countries affected by ISIS, fighting them and being injured or killed while performing their duties. Do not turn this into an us versus them debate - or divert it from being a war on ISIS/extremism to being a war on Islam.
What's happened in the Middle East is terrible, nobody is surprised by our own Government's thirst to overthrow elected leaders such as Assad, Giddafi & Hussain. This is my own opinion, I think the destabilisation ISIS creates, helps foreign policy/intervention to invade sovereign Nation states. To you're question, the recruitment of ISIS extremists is an Islamic problem, I can agree foreign policy helps the recruitment of extremist ideas

I do not and I will not accept any responsibility for the actions of these nutters.

NB these guys who fucked off to Syria - they have gone on to kill mostly MUSLIMS - MUSLIMS are the number one victims of ISIS. There is no love lost for ISIS in the Muslim "community" - there may well be sympathisers or mental young boys who are easily suggestible but how on earth can you hold thousands of other people who are completely unaware of this tiny minority responsible?

I support Assad in Syria, he is a true leader in every sense of the word, ISIS recruits are there to kill other muslims and cause havoc, I totally agree with you ISIS is despised in the wider Muslim community. Hezbollah are now going for them as they are getting close or are in Lebanon, ISIS appeals to the Sunni Muslim. I don't think the Muslims in Syria fighting terrorism are getting the recognition they deserve in the west, that is due to the fact they do not want them to succeed in defending they're motherland. Such brave and courageous people

I repeat has anyone held the Leeds area where the Britain First headcase killed the Labour MP responsible. Has his "community" been under the spotlight? Have women from that area been abused for not stopping an attack they were completely unaware of??

We already know the reasons as to why Joe Cox was murdered, her death should have no other implications other than to the murderer that killed her & the government that continues to fail citizens with mental health issues. That's why his 'community' was not investigated or 'under the spotlight' WE KNOW. £1 million was raised by her grieving husband a few days after her tragic death, to Hope not Hate Charity, if we take that Charity by name alone, no repercussions of her murder by the public gives us all hope. And I say that with irony as HnH looks to be a bigger divider of communities rather than an Org looking to genuinely promote better multi-faith/ethnic relationships. The White Helmets is another Charity Joe's husband submitted money to which reports suggest are helping the 'moderate rebels' overthrow Assad in Syria

My "community" here in the Docks is made up of all types of people - not just Muslims - we don't all sit around radicalising one another. We have the same mundane issues as every other fucker - work, mortgage, rent, schooling for our kids etc.

Stop the demonising. You seem to be an intelligent guy and you are also a moderator so, I believe, you have a responsibility to word things very carefully and also to be aware of the current witch hunt of a small and mostly voiceless "community" ESPECIALLY on this footie board and I've seen it before where these kind of discussions quickly descend into incitement and hate speech.

I honestly have seen no hate speech, and I am glad that you put views on the board for others to consider when formulating opinions (including my own). It's important and thank you for that :thumbup: :thumbup: