Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When are you gonna start calling judgement?

You may select 1 option

View results

How many games should we give Trollope before we kick off?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:04 pm

If things dont go to plan and we have a few bad games when would you throw your toys out the pram and start calling for his head?

I know there are few variables here so lets just say we sort of alternate between an unfortunate loss and being beaten like we stole something? :?:

Re: How many games should we give Trollope before we kick of

Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:09 pm

12 games for me but it's not all on results.

To me i could see straight through slade and imo he was lucky a number of times, I could spend hours talking of my frustrations on him. If I can see Trollope is trying to get things in the right direction, be it youth, be it tactically, be it unity whatever. We need an identity again.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Top after 10 games or Trollope put.

Start of the season will be about performances as well as the results, with the transformation of tactics and shape it might not click straight away so will be good to see how we adapt to different situations.

We've played 5-3-2 and 4-2-3-1 and they are the 2 formations many people have mentioned that suit our players, I don't think we are far off, maybe a quality number 10 and a proven goal scorer incase Fred doesn't settle straight away.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:02 am

This is a long term project in terms of developing a new way of playing, personally I would review at the end of the season and success will be judged on;

- league position
- style of play
- crowds coming back to CCS
- balance sheet

I know there will be people on here who will moan from day 1 if we are not winning every game with a huge score.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:43 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:This is a long term project in terms of developing a new way of playing, personally I would review at the end of the season and success will be judged on;

- league position
- style of play
- balance sheet

I know there will be people on here who will moan from day 1 if we are not winning every game with a huge score.

I'd much rather see us develop a style of play, bleed and develop youth, and have an underlying ethos to what we do and give the manager time and patience to bear the fruits of what is a long term plan than go for quick fixes. Let's hope it comes together sooner rather than later as it wouldn't take much for the knives to come out.

So far from what Trolls says and how he comes across he is certainly coming across very knowledgable

Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:44 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:This is a long term project in terms of developing a new way of playing, personally I would review at the end of the season and success will be judged on;

- league position
- style of play
- balance sheet

I'd much rather see us develop a style of play, bleed and develop youth, and have an underlying ethos to what we do and give the manager time and patience to bear the fruits of what is a long term plan than go for quick fixes. Let's hope it comes together sooner rather than later as it wouldn't take much for the knives to come out.

So far from what Trolls says and how he comes across he is certainly coming across very knowledgable

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:21 am

I always give new managers the first 12 League games to judge them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:28 am

Let's bed some youth in, focus on an attractive style of play and give the manager time.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:32 am

I think we should have an idea by about Christmas.

All those saying give him a season and bring on the youth etc may be taking a different view if we're in the bottom three at Christmas.

Anything mid table or better at Christmas with positive signs of what he Is setting out to achieve and he should certainly be allowed to continue.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:59 am

You need more options. For.me he has until xmas. What I have seen yesterday though makes me think he needs lots of time to bed in the formation. Looks a promising start so let's all support him. Polls like this are really not needed at this time

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:10 pm

davids wrote:I think we should have an idea by about Christmas.

All those saying give him a season and bring on the youth etc may be taking a different view if we're in the bottom three at Christmas.

Anything mid table or better at Christmas with positive signs of what he Is setting out to achieve and he should certainly be allowed to continue.

I'll hold you to that, 3 games in you'll be the first one on the trolls out wagon

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:48 pm

nubbsy wrote:
davids wrote:I think we should have an idea by about Christmas.

I'll hold you to that, 3 games in you'll be the first one on the trolls out wagon

:sleepy2:

Give it a rest.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:07 pm

I think its healthy to discuss opinions on things like this and it gives people a chance to air their veiws on what we should expect. It also gives us something to reflect upon whatever the outcome in the weeks ahead.

There is a difference between being negative and having an objective, realistic, constructive opinion on what we should and could expect from our new Manager.

I think already we have seen some very positive remarks and reactions. Its nice to see that people are getting behind him and want to give him a fair crack of the whip. We have all seen what happens when expectation is too high and demands are placed unrealisticly. Anyone who knows anything about sport will tell you that that is a recipe for disaster.

I think so far fans are reacting the right wat to Trollopes apointment and long may it continue. :ayatollah:

Got to be honest I am perhaps a bit less patient than many of you but that is not really anything to be proud of. I couldnt even see past a bad run of 10 games! :?

Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:09 pm

2 games max. One home one away. We know what we dealing with then. ;-)

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:03 pm

All about building blocks for me I'd give him a full season as long as we can see there is progress being made. We need a proper playing identity and philosophy that the players buy into and are clear about. Obviously if all his ideas seem completely useless (like ole for example) and we are really struggling and looking in danger then questions will have to be asked. I have faith though, I'm excited and looking forward to this season and having PT in charge.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:25 pm

Give him a season. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:14 pm

Slades out! :bluebird:

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:15 pm

I think any new manager deserves at least 3 transfer windows before you can properly judge their performance, but, few managers are lucky enough to get that before the panic button is pressed.

I really hope that PT gets the 3 transfer windows which will give him, and his backroom team, time to develop a squad and style of play of their choice, and with a squad still heavy with the signings of previous managers I think they will need it.

However if things are not looking good after 12 games, with 20+ points in the bag, forget everything I have just said. Fans will become restless and the pressure may become unbearable.

I hope we are right in the mix after 12 games, with Home crowds increasing, performances entertaining and results encouraging.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Ill get my boo boys thread ready

Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:21 pm

castleblue wrote:I think any new manager deserves at least 3 transfer windows before you can properly judge their performance, but, few managers are lucky enough to get that before the panic button is pressed.

I really hope that PT gets the 3 transfer windows which will give him, and his backroom team, time to develop a squad and style of play of their choice, and with a squad still heavy with the signings of previous managers I think they will need it.

However if things are not looking good after 12 games, with 20+ points in the bag, forget everything I have just said. Fans will become restless and the pressure may become unbearable.

I hope we are right in the mix after 12 games, with Home crowds increasing, performances entertaining and results encouraging.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

The heavy with previous signings bit is a relevant point, & probably the main reason PT was appointed, not only to blood young talent, but to build from within,,,& that takes time.

Unless things go tits up pretty rapidly, I would give him at least two full seasons, almost as much as his predecessor was given.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:22 pm

lyndipops wrote:If things dont go to plan and we have a few bad games when would you throw your toys out the pram and start calling for his head?

I know there are few variables here so lets just say we sort of alternate between an unfortunate loss and being beaten like we stole something? :?:

Wheres the season option?

Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I always give new managers the first 12 League games to judge them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis im usualy in the give them 12 games catagory but really a manager should have a season and a few transfer windows before veing judged.. Are we being impatient? :lol:

Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Everyone deep down knew Slade was the wrong man, we are too nice if anything. When it's the right manager, you don't even discuss sacking him until he loses his edge!

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
lyndipops wrote:If things dont go to plan and we have a few bad games when would you throw your toys out the pram and start calling for his head?

Wheres the season option?

Perhaps a bit narrow minded of me but I didnt think anyone would have that much patience. :o

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:21 pm

From the point of view of the whole season I think 80 points would be a great result, and one you would have to be happy with. Fingers crossed Trolls can deliver something in that region. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:24 am

What an incredibly negative thread/poll :oops:

Why be so (negative) before a ball is kicked in earnest? :roll:

I despair at the number of people who truly want the club/manager to fail for their own amusement! :oops:

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:26 am

I would let him have the full season UNLESS we were at risk of relegation, which I just can't see happening.

I'd consider the season a success even if we missed out on playoffs, providing we:

a) further reduce wage bill, including removing unused players who clearly don't want to be here
b) provide youth a platform, and establish maybe 2-3 youngsters as first team players
c) increase attendances and engagement with fans
d) demonstrate progress in our infrastructure, culture, and ethos.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:27 pm

Sven wrote:What an incredibly negative thread/poll :oops:

Why be so (negative) before a ball is kicked in earnest? :roll:

I despair at the number of people who truly want the club/manager to fail for their own amusement! :oops:

I have to differ on this, im actually gobsmacked at how positive this thread is. I think people really believe in Trollope before a ball has been kicked and many of the posts on here prove it. Its all about discussion, whether its positive or negative and the mood is very positive and long may it continue. A little bit of negativity can be a good catalyst to see how positive people are.

I think it must be a very small minority who want him to fail, I for one hope he storms this league! :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:56 pm

Has to be given a season and a half at least.

I think we will be in the top 10 for most of the season which in a tough league will be acceptable to me, if we could nick a play off place that would be some achievement.

Realy hope the fans get behind him, couldnt care less if the crowds are low and hope it doesnt get mentioned every 5 minutes as they will grow in time.

Feeling optimistic and believe we have a chance to put the past few years behind us and build something positive on the back of the summer feel good factor.