Season Ticket Arrived - anyone thrown their's away?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluebird58 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Season ticket arrived for my son and I this morning. Only one ticket. Turns out we needed to keep last years card so that it is "'recharged' for this season ( my son's status had changed). Luckily I knew where mine was, but I didn't know about this in advance and I'm sure there must be others who have thrown their's away at the end of the season. So did I miss something?
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Season Ticket Arrived - anyone thrown their's away?

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:38 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Season ticket arrived for my son and I this morning. Only one ticket. Turns out we needed to keep last years card so that it is "'recharged' for this season ( my son's status had changed). Luckily I knew where mine was, but I didn't know about this in advance and I'm sure there must be others who have thrown their's away at the end of the season. So did I miss something?

I think it's been mentioned on here before, so I believe you are correct that last season's card needs to be used (maybe the reason they stopped putting photos on them?) :thumbup:

I shredded mine at the season's end, so I dare say the club will be happily taking even more money off me and others due to lack of communication! :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:51 pm

It is £5 to replace card my son lost his rang office no problems getting another just cost you!!! :old:
pembroke allan

Postby arri potta » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:It is £5 to replace card my son lost his rang office no problems getting another just cost you!!! :old:

I think Wez is spending his fifth day down Lamby Way looking for his! :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
arri potta

Postby Double G » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:07 pm

thats totally wrong of club if they are gonna charge for new ones. i threw mine as was expecting new aa we notmally do.
hope they just send out new 1s for people thats done this
Double G

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Double G wrote:thats totally wrong of club if they are gonna charge for new ones. i threw mine as was expecting new aa we notmally do.
hope they just send out new 1s for people thats done this

Don't recall being told that must keep ST, bit of a blooper by club. :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Aramore » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:32 pm

I paid for a new one as I thought I'd need a dofferent season ticket as I've got the new student pricing. Card turns up and it's identical to last year's and still has 16-21 on it. Not impressed tbh and this better not cause problems for me.
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
Aramore

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:41 pm

I thrown mine but I'm going down this week to change my seats and add one too
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby mugsy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:42 pm

I was told to keep mine from last season - but new one turned up this morning :?
mugsy

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:53 pm

I was in the superstore today and the cashier mentioned the need to keep last seasons card. Threw mine out a few weeks ago so went into the ticket office and was charged £1.50 for a replacement :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I was in the superstore today and the cashier mentioned the need to keep last seasons card. Threw mine out a few weeks ago so went into the ticket office and was charged £1.50 for a replacement :thumbup:

Lucky charged me £5 :o
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:52 pm

Shocking
2blue2handle

Postby davids » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:56 pm

I've not received anything. If they're not sending a new card do they just write to you and confirm that your old card has been reactivated or do you not get anything?
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:13 pm

davids wrote:I've not received anything. If they're not sending a new card do they just write to you and confirm that your old card has been reactivated or do you not get anything?

Might send you an E-mail if lucky! :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby BEAKERBLUE » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:39 pm

When I renewed mine in the ticket office I was told that I could keep my old card or have a new one for £5
Had letter today from the club thanking me for renewing signed Ken Choo
BEAKERBLUE

Postby avondaleblue » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:41 pm

I had a nice letter off Ken Choo this morning thanking me for my continued support, on the back it tells you last season's card will be re activated unless I changed my seat when I would get a new card. Pretty sure the club said when renewing that the card for 2015-16 would be re-activated, so I don't think the club should be critisised in this instance :roll:
avondaleblue

Postby bluebird58 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Maybe I should have noticed, but I'm sure many will get caught out.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:40 am

avondaleblue wrote:I had a nice letter off Ken Choo this morning thanking me for my continued support, on the back it tells you last season's card will be re activated unless I changed my seat when I would get a new card. Pretty sure the club said when renewing that the card for 2015-16 would be re-activated, so I don't think the club should be critisised in this instance :roll:

They did
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JimmyJazz » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:42 pm

avondaleblue wrote:I had a nice letter off Ken Choo this morning thanking me for my continued support, on the back it tells you last season's card will be re activated unless I changed my seat when I would get a new card. Pretty sure the club said when renewing that the card for 2015-16 would be re-activated, so I don't think the club should be critisised in this instance :roll:

Me too, was told the same when I renewed.

That said I renewed before the deadline so obviously still had hold of my card.
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby Martyn1963 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:17 am

I paid an extra £2 on renewal for a new card and guess what ...... no card just a letter !!
Martyn1963

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:02 pm

I have 4 season tickets I received 2 mine not included and 2 in different names for another part of the ground what I find strange our 4 tickets got the same surname I pay for them and mine was missing so I should imagine my missing tickets have gone to the other ticket holder and he got mine :lol: :lol: as long I get them before first home game :thumbup: :thumbup: :bluebird: :bluebird: if everything went smooth it wouldn't be cardiff city :lol:
Johnny Boy

Return to General Chat