Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SHOCK SACKING - CITY FANS MAY LIKE THIS '

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:11 pm

I have been told this evening that Steve Tucker has been sacked by WalesOnline.

It is believed that his bosses were not happy with his reporting.

What do you think City fans, judging by comments I have seen written about Tucker's writings I suspect there won't be too many who will be disappointed to hear this.

Re: ' SHOCK SACKING - CITY FANS MAY LIKE THIS '

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:13 pm

My opinion more City fans will happy he's gone than won't.

I never rated him and thought he was anti City.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My opinion more City fans will happy he's gone than won't.

That is my thoughts too Annis.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My opinion more City fans will happy he's gone than won't.

That is my thoughts too Annis.

Carl, Ive never heard a good word said about him.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:23 pm

you don't have to of played pro football to be a good journo, but the way he simplified or simply didn't understand some aspects of the game makes me think he has never kicked a ball against a wall! Never-mind into the net

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Sure he's a nice guy but he's a bumbling idiot and it's about time WOL got a grip and started getting behind cardiff

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

I like him on Blakeys bootroom. :(

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Steve Tucker has written the best pre and post copy of Wales success in the Euro's and also given insightful and considered pieces from the build up and where we aspire to be - plus exclusive interviews with present past and past players and management for further credibility. He's always been on the side of City and Wales through thick and thin.

Actually, he hasn't. He's shit and he stinks. Fuck-Off.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 pm

WOL need to get their act together..their reporting of the City has been abysmal for years

Tucker is a lazy poor journalist who deserves the sack...hopefully they can get someone decent.a good local paper getting behind their local team is not much to ask

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:56 am

Tucker has always been arse, never likes it when news like transfers news goes about from anywhere else because he doesn't pick up on it first so says it's not true and has got many wrong when he does.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:25 am

If true, the FAW/WRU could make another killing by creating an additional 'Fan Zone' event to accommodate the high number of people celebrating that Tucker has left the building! :laughing6:

Don't particularly know him as a person but appears so self-indulgent and wrapped up in his own little world. Rydogsccfc apart, I've not heard many praise his Cardiff City journalism :(

Also, have to agree with 'OohAhhPaulMiller' in that Media Wales have (Rob Phillips apart) had some pretty abysmal reporting of our club for some time now! :roll:

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:14 am

I think it's more than his reporting, I believe the paper is in financial trouble. Have you seen how many spammy adverts they have on their website these days.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:28 am

I think the ball was set in motion when he decided to stitch up Ken Choo. Maybe an olive branch to CCFC by Walesonline. Tucker is an absolute shit reporter anyway so no big loss.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:37 am

Sven wrote:If true, the FAW/WRU could make another killing by creating an additional 'Fan Zone' event to accommodate the high number of people celebrating that Tucker has left the building! :laughing6:

Don't particularly know him as a person but appears so self-indulgent and wrapped up in his own little world. Rydogsccfc apart, I've not heard many praise his Cardiff City journalism :(

Also, have to agree with 'OohAhhPaulMiller' in that Media Wales have (Rob Phillips apart) had some pretty abysmal reporting of our club for some time now! :roll:

It's true Chris.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:49 am

Most regional/local papers are on their arse, can't remember the last time I bought one. Sadly,lots more journalists will be losing their jobs over the next few years.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:38 am

I always used to like reading Tucker's reports and articles. He offered a fresh insight into things with a low-key comedy edge when we were lower down the leagues. Unfortunately, I think he started getting too big for his own boots and his opinions since we went up to the Championship have been a bit bizarre where he seems more interested in getting a reaction than giving a valid opinion.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Zabier wrote:I always used to like reading Tucker's reports and articles. He offered a fresh insight into things with a low-key comedy edge when we were lower down the leagues. Unfortunately, I think he started getting too big for his own boots and his opinions since we went up to the Championship have been a bit bizarre where he seems more interested in getting a reaction than giving a valid opinion.

Same here I also enjoyed his articles.

Met him once in a service station whilst on the way to the Carling Cup Final in 2012. He seemed a decent guy and I remember him telling me how journalism had changed with the emergence of online news reporting meaning that published issues rarely had any 'exclusives' anymore.

Many famous Journalists made their names from being controversial and it does stimulate sales (or webpage views). Of course crapping on the hand that feeds you (CEO Ken Choo) might not have been advisable and maybe the fall out from that has done for him.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Zabier wrote:I always used to like reading Tucker's reports and articles. He offered a fresh insight into things with a low-key comedy edge when we were lower down the leagues. Unfortunately, I think he started getting too big for his own boots and his opinions since we went up to the Championship have been a bit bizarre where he seems more interested in getting a reaction than giving a valid opinion.

Met him once in a service station whilst on the way to the Carling Cup Final in 2012. He seemed a decent guy and I remember him telling me how journalism had changed with the emergence of online news reporting meaning that published issues rarely had any 'exclusives' anymore.

Many famous Journalists made their names from being controversial and it does stimulate sales (or webpage views). Of course crapping on the hand that feeds you (CEO Ken Choo) might not have been advisable and maybe the fall out from that has done for him.

He couldn't have been that good or he wouldn't have got sacked. WOL needs an overhaul and a more positive outlook...

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:21 pm

He's been Tucked up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:He's been Tucked up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Very good.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Shocking they kept him so long, never met anyone so arrogant and for little talent.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:48 pm

He pissed on his chips one too many times at the Supporters Club evening. His website is down and his last tweet was on June 30th. It reads, 'Heard noise in garden, peeked through curtain, could have sworn I saw Ken Choo with a silenced pistol'.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:08 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:He pissed on his chips one too many times at the Supporters Club evening. His website is down and his last tweet was on June 30th. It reads, 'Heard noise in garden, peeked through curtain, could have sworn I saw Ken Choo with a silenced pistol'.

Haha, he's still alive right?

To be honest, WalesOnline is a bloody joke of a site anyway. Just trying to be like The Scum. Click bait and articles that are stolen from Buzzfeed make it lazy and irrelevant. It needs a new editor at the helm.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:00 am

nubbsy wrote:

He couldn't have been that good or he wouldn't have got sacked. WOL needs an overhaul and a more positive outlook...

Probably more of 'give a dog a bad name' than anything else. I always read things objectively and never base my opinion on peer pressure. As stated I enjoyed his articles but accept that he made mistakes.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:49 am

nubbsy wrote:

Probably more of 'give a dog a bad name' than anything else. I always read things objectively and never base my opinion on peer pressure. As stated I enjoyed his articles but accept that he made mistakes.

That's fair enough, me too. I think he's just took it to far with his acting up at the awards night. Even the fans in attendance said he was a complete disgrace.

And the moral of the story is don't f**k with Ken Choo he's a G!