Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VOLCANO CLAP NEXT SEASON

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:41 pm

With England getting knocked out by Iceland we`ve just got to take on the volcano clap next season and make it our own. The away end english supporters will have no answer to that if we get it right. We have the drum to start it off so lets go for it!

Re: VOLCANO CLAP NEXT SEASON

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:03 pm

Good idea. Away as well if possible.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:10 pm

We've not got any volcanos in our country though whereas Iceland is full of them so therefore more apt.

It's theirs why nick it? People will be saying we should sing you'll never walk alone next because Liverpool sing it and it sounds good.

Leave it with the Icelanics.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:24 pm

I can see it now every other teams fans signing it, oh the modern football cringe factor :laughing5:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:30 pm

RIP CCFC if we ever do this.

It's an old Viking war cry, adopted by the warriors ancestors and used to great effect at football matches. I would die on the spot if we did this here, it's a great chant because it's theirs, not ours.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Read somewhere that Iceland pinched it from Motherwell in the first place!!

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:I can see it now every other teams fans signing it, oh the modern football cringe factor :laughing5:

English club fans? Really!? After Monday...

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:36 pm

Sounds great and I say we use it. All football chants get bastardised in some way or another. If it winds up our english opponents then brilliant, you never know they might change the sheep shagger chant.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:25 am

It's stolen from Motherwell fans!!! There's loads of footage of it!!! :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:36 am

:laughing6: Isn't that a bit like taking Brighton's infamous celebration of all their lads bending over, waving and shouting 'chase me'? :laughing6: :laughing6:

Nah each to their own - but would be good as a one off for Gunnarsson at the first home game of the season.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:39 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:RIP CCFC if we ever do this.

It's an old Viking war cry, adopted by the warriors ancestors and used to great effect at football matches. I would die on the spot if we did this here, it's a great chant because it's theirs, not ours.

Why every chant we have has been nicked from another club bar the ayatollah which is pretty rubbish these days, and has been for years. It's just a piss take over the English who we play every week. They loved singing about us being in red didn't they.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:49 am

"Don't take me home"......... oh yeah, every fker sings it :laughing6:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:28 am

Might be funny a couple of times as wind up, like if Gunnarson scored or something, but I hope we don't try to adopt it as our own. It is Iceland's :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:36 pm

What do they shout ? It would be a good one for Gunner if he stays I must admit

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:56 pm

Maybe we should wait a little longer, after all Wales could play Iceland in the final :D

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Bluemellons wrote:It's stolen from Motherwell fans!!! There's loads of footage of it!!! :lol:

Who's to say Motherwell didn't steal it off Iceland?

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:27 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What do they shout ? It would be a good one for Gunner if he stays I must admit

Not sure but surely you could shout any one word, which is handy for us as it means our fans might even take the time to learn the 'word' ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:02 pm

goats wrote:

Why every chant we have has been nicked from another club bar the ayatollah which is pretty rubbish these days, and has been for years. It's just a piss take over the English who we play every week. They loved singing about us being in red didn't they.

It would make me cringe, we can't even be arsed to learn Men of Harlech, it would be a disasters if we tried this as the timings would be all over the place.

Half our fans are mongos with very limited hand eye co ordination, they can't clap a lot of them let alone count between the claps.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:What do they shout ? It would be a good one for Gunner if he stays I must admit

Not sure but surely you could shout any one word, which is handy for us as it means our fans might even take the time to learn the 'word' ;)

Its "HUH" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Hibs started it.

Would defo work if we adopted it and would have actual meaning and relevance as we would be taking the piss out of england from iceland whooping them and dumping em out of the euros! Lets do it!

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 am

For Birmingham away, everyone should take an Iceland carrier bag

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Gheorghe1927 wrote:For Birmingham away, everyone should take an Iceland carrier bag

Definitely. Awesome idea.

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Could shout "Hwyl" which would add a little Welsh to it.

Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Swansealad69 once caught Volcano Clap on one of his Thai sex tours.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:27 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
goats wrote:

It would make me cringe, we can't even be arsed to learn Men of Harlech, it would be a disasters if we tried this as the timings would be all over the place.

Half our fans are mongos with very limited hand eye co ordination, they can't clap a lot of them let alone count between the claps.

We can't even be arsed to sing our very own, unique anthem very much these days, 'Pick and Shovel' which should be booming.