Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY SELL STRIKER '

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Doyle to Preston now official

Wednesday 29th June 2016

Preston North End have completed the permanent signing of forward Eoin Doyle from Cardiff City for an undisclosed fee.

The Irishman has agreed a three-year deal at Deepdale, after spending the majority of the 2015/16 season on loan from the Bluebirds in PR1.

Doyle, 28, who made 29 appearances for Simon Grayson’s men during last year, will join up with his team-mates as they return to training this week.

Speaking about the move he said: “I'm grateful that it's been done so early so I can have a full pre-season with the lads and hopefully go on to have a good, successful season.

“I'm very grateful that the staff wanted me back and willing to get the signing done so I'm delighted to be back, I really am very happy.

“I didn't feel like a loan player last year, but it's always in the back of your mind. That's not that case now which is brilliant and I've got a good few years now here at this club and hopefully they are very successful.”

Manager Simon Grayson was pleased to put another piece into the jigsaw in time for his squad’s return to Springfields. He added: "We know Eoin really well from last year, he's a player we've always liked and we've seen lots of him that's shown what he is capable of doing.

"We are delighted that he's signed, I think it will bring added competition. I don't think people have seen the best of him yet, but I'm confident that he's got the ability to make things happen for us so I'm really pleased."

Doyle becomes the fourth summer acquisition after fellow striker Simon Makienok, defender Tommy Spurr and goalkeeper Chris Maxwell.

Read more at http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/2016- ... tA95js1.99
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Eoin Doyle Sold

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Best for all concerned although we could have offered buy one get a Mancheda free

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Undisclosed fee.

Preston North End have completed the permanent signing of forward Eoin Doyle from Cardiff City for an undisclosed fee.
The Irishman has agreed a three-year deal at Deepdale, after spending the majority of the 2015/16 season on loan from the Bluebirds in PR1.

Doyle, 28, who made 29 appearances for Simon Grayson’s men during last year, will join up with his team-mates as they return to training this week.

Speaking about the move he said: “I'm grateful that it's been done so early so I can have a full pre-season with the lads and hopefully go on to have a good, successful season.

“I'm very grateful that the staff wanted me back and willing to get the signing done so I'm delighted to be back, I really am very happy.

“I didn't feel like a loan player last year, but it's always in the back of your mind. That's not that case now which is brilliant and I've got a good few years now here at this club and hopefully they are very successful.”

Manager Simon Grayson was pleased to put another piece into the jigsaw in time for his squad’s return to Springfields. He added: "We know Eoin really well from last year, he's a player we've always liked and we've seen lots of him that's shown what he is capable of doing.

"We are delighted that he's signed, I think it will bring added competition. I don't think people have seen the best of him yet, but I'm confident that he's got the ability to make things happen for us so I'm really pleased."

Doyle becomes the fourth summer acquisition after fellow striker Simon Makienok, defender Tommy Spurr and goalkeeper Chris Maxwell.

Read more at http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/2016- ... OvmcEZ6.99

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:38 pm

jon1959 wrote:Undisclosed fee.

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/2016- ... 61236.aspx?

Means we probably had to pay them to take him.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:13 pm

would have thought we would gave got clise to our 750k paid for him

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Wasn't really given a chance oh well.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 pm

One of Slade's better signings..pity he didn't have more of a chance. We probably need more pace.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY SELL STRIKER '

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Ive heard it was approx £100,000.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:11 pm

I would expect us to take a loss on this deal but for all concerned it is the right thing to do, I believe.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:02 pm

How much are we losing on Slade's signings?
He is supposed to have spent a small amount of money, but we are taking huge losses on that.

Potentially £500K on Revell and now allegedly £650K on Doyle.
If the purhase prices we paid are correct.