Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jamie Carragher having a go

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:11 am

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... to-iceland

Where I would slightly disagree is that 'Woy' did try and fit too many 'stars' into the team which made the roles and responsibilities on the pitch confusing for the players.

Sturridge and Rashford are probably the only two to come out of the tournament with any credit.

But for the most part Jamie is spot on.

Re: Jamie Carragher having a go

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:27 am

They hold the same inquests after every tournament. If they came out with a bit of sense before the start of these competitions and admitted that they are no more than average instead of "we are the greatest", people would'nt expect so much. They have'nt been able to compete with the top sides apart from the odd one off match for around 40 years. The English press build them up into something they are'nt, and then take great delight in slaughtering them when they get about as far as the rest of the world expected them to get. They just need a reality check. They are not as good as they think they are.

Re: Jamie Carragher having a go

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:33 am

The confident, cocky England fans chanted to me and my partner "clap if you've got a shit shirt" on the train home from lens... Who's clapping now! Doughnuts :lol: