Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: sign to stop 2nd referendum

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/134345

if you believe in democracy then sign this petition

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Absolutely disgraceful that some people spout democracy so long as it goes in their favour and then bleat like goats as soon as it doesn't! :roll: :oops:

I really don't believe the 'Brexit' people would have reacted the same had it gone the other way! ;)

It was a Brexit supporter (from the English Democrats) who started the 2nd Referendum petition - at a time when the Brexiters expected to lose!

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Owain wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wayne wrote:so far 720 have sign the petition , while the other petition is over 4 million

this petition is less than 24hours old the other one is 4 months old and has millions of people from overseas signing it the two can't be compared yet

Out of interest Wez, what are your hopes for the UK now? See my response a couple of posts up to Bridgend blue. It would be interesting to know what ardent out voters are expecting/hoping for next.

my hopes are to start trading globally, control the flow of unskilled migrants ,stop murderers and rapists using the human rights act against us stop paying out tax payers money in benefits to non british citizen s short term pain for long term gain

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:14 pm

BlueDredd wrote:I firmly believe we should have remained. I also think it's a kick in the teeth to see so many of the Welsh vote to leave when we as a country have been given so much aid by the EU. They more or less funded the development of Cardiff, and with us voting out do you really think we're going to have a dime from Westminster? Are we f**k.

Also after working in finance for a number of years I can possibly see it effecting mine and a lot of other jobs in my sector. Investment in the UK will be pulled by major organisations, I even fear we'll see more bank runs in this country.

I've never liked the idea of being a part of the EU. But it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't know, and with Boris Johnson at the helm of this whole thing I can't believe it swayed a country to exit. You could argue that we always haven't been in the EU, but we didn't become the 5th biggest economy in the world without them. We needed them to do that. Just as the US have stated, they'd rather forge trade deals with bigger and better countries than the UK. We'll be at the back of the queue.

"let's put the Great back into Britain" - We're not great. Not one bit. The government is falling apart, and the lies have shown through. Well done Britain.

and that in your second and 3rd line of your post sums up the reason why only Cardiff in the whole of Wales voted to remain in .With very little tangible evidence on money spent on the rest of Wales except for a couple of by pass roads and handouts to the already poorly funded and restricted farming communities what else have they done .

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:17 pm

wayne wrote:so far 720 have sign the petition , while the other petition is over 4 million

Perhaps the ones who voted out believed in the democratic process and are acting like adults instead of petulant kids who can't have their own way

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:24 pm

markeMark wrote:I voted out and won't be signing any petitions. The referendum has come and gone. We live in a democracy, and the majority voted to leave. These petitions are gimmicks, and a waste of time. Are we going to have them from now on for every election if the party we don't vote for wins. Perhaps we can keep holding one after the other if we vote for the monster raving loony party and they don't get in to govern the country. The people who lost are saying they lost because of lies being told by the opposition. It is up to the electorate to decide if they believe what they are being told, it is up to the electorate to read up and do their own research and then make a decision. I was well aware I was not being told the truth by either side. I have voted in numerous general elections, and I have'nt been stupid enough not to realise that every party makes impossible promises. When people tell me I voted out because of campaigners telling lies, they are talking nonsense. I made my decision based on my own research and feelings. If people are gullible enough to hang on every word of a politician, that is entirely up to them. They should not assume everyone voted "out" based entirely on what these politicians told us.

couldn't have put it better myself

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:28 pm

Owain wrote:
Sven wrote:

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Absolutely disgraceful that some people spout democracy so long as it goes in their favour and then bleat like goats as soon as it doesn't! :roll: :oops:

I really don't believe the 'Brexit' people would have reacted the same had it gone the other way! ;)

Farage said that if it was a close remain win it would not be the end, and he would carry on his campaign. Additionally, the main petition was srarted by an out voter that thought he would lose. ;)

That's Farage though I think we can all agree he's a lunatic , if remain had one I would of accepted democracy and just made the best of the outcome, something many remain can't seem to do , it hasn't even been a week yet (and we haven't left yet) and remain are saying we are screwed how about the remain have a it of patience and see what deals are put in place first before article 50 is actioned

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Signed from Lille.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:53 pm

So let me get this straight. As far as I'm aware there is no 2nd referendum is there? So how can you have a petition against something that doesn't exist??

I voted remain and I accept defeat I don't think there should be a 2nd referendum either. I do t think leave who have now won should be concerned with one either. Unless there a belief by leave that the next result would be remain, now that the lies that I always believed and posted have been shown for just that. What people voted for isn't what they going to get. Because let's face it a couple of years down the line things will be no different except we have no say I. The rules we being dictated to. We voted to give up our democratic Right on many things.

So leavers please stop worry about you victory being overturned. Remainer please stop sulking and start to accept the result. We all need to pull together because soon we be dictated to by the eu like never before.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:59 pm

I guess the remain camp are not going too be happy with the London Stock Exchange today as it continues to climb and is now higher than it was exactly one month ago.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:03 pm

markeMark wrote:I guess the remain camp are not going too be happy with the London Stock Exchange today as it continues to climb and is now higher than it was exactly one month ago.

:lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:12 pm

markeMark wrote:I guess the remain camp are not going too be happy with the London Stock Exchange today as it continues to climb and is now higher than it was exactly one month ago.

Maybe the bitter ones won't be. But I for one am glad. Try to get back some of the £100 billion that been lost. Also I would add we still in the eu. The truth will be when we leave the eu. ( if Infact we ever do?)

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Bit of a confusing statement. 1 month ago we were in the eu. Today we are in the eu. You voted for leave yet you saying how well the LSE is doing today under the EU rules.

I'm confused. I think it this is some sort of cheap shot. Be a gracious winner.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:17 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:

Maybe the bitter ones won't be. But I for one am glad. Try to get back some of the £100 billion that been lost. Also I would add we still in the eu. The truth will be when we leave the eu. ( if Infact we ever do?)

but when the markets plummeted we were still in the EU ,can't have it both ways that only the things positve is happening because we are still in the EU but when it's anything negative it's because of Brexit ;)

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:18 pm

The other petition is a non starter ,How can it be when they've received votes from North Korea ffs :laughing6: :wave: :wave:
The Republic of Ireland are taking on if you fancy staying in the shitty eu :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:29 pm

darran1927 wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

but when the markets plummeted we were still in the EU ,can't have it both ways that only the things positve is happening because we are still in the EU but when it's anything negative it's because of Brexit ;)

That is correct. The markets plummeted because we had a big referendum. They didn't plummet because we left the eu. Because we haven't. We haven't even issued article 51. So we don't know what the effects of leavening the eu are to markets till we left the eu.

Yes the markets dropped while we In the eu. And the markets are rising now because we in the eu. Not having it both ways. (By me at least). We have to wait a few years before we know the effect of leaving the eu. When/if we actually leave it.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:37 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:

Bit of a confusing statement. 1 month ago we were in the eu. Today we are in the eu. You voted for leave yet you saying how well the LSE is doing today under the EU rules.

I'm confused. I think it this is some sort of cheap shot. Be a gracious winner.

You are right. I think having been told for the last few days what a terrible decision I made, and how the economy will go into freefall etc. it was good to see these forecasts go out the window,for now anyway, particularly as I hold shares in one of our big banks. I should'nt get involved in petty arguments, and I don't know any more than the next person as to whether our investments will increase or decrease as a result of Brexit. I take back what I said, and like you say be a gracious winner.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:12 pm

It's done, simple, what will happen if they do and this time it's the Remain that wins. Do the brexit lot start another petition and have a 3rd referendum. Where does it end?

The people have spoken, lets get on with it.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:19 pm

rustyblue wrote:I think that there should be a second referendum once the discussions have been completed and we know exactly what the exit package actually is, that is democracy.

We are leaving, its happening, just has to be right.

We can't negotiate until we've put our notice in
Once our notice is in we can't stop it

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:40 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

That is correct. The markets plummeted because we had a big referendum. They didn't plummet because we left the eu. Because we haven't. We haven't even issued article 51. So we don't know what the effects of leavening the eu are to markets till we left the eu.

Yes the markets dropped while we In the eu. And the markets are rising now because we in the eu. Not having it both ways. (By me at least). We have to wait a few years before we know the effect of leaving the eu. When/if we actually leave it.

You really are rather thick
The markets dropped BECOUSE we voted leave
The markets are back where they started from BECOUSE knee jerk reactions never last ,they are defo not moving up BECOUSE we are still in the eu ,but more likely BECOUSE we will prosper outside of the eu

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:50 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:You really are rather thick
The markets are back where they started from BECOUSE knee jerk reactions never last ,they are defo not moving up BECOUSE we are still in the eu ,but more likely BECOUSE we will prosper outside of the eu

Markets have been falling slightly over recent months with the prospect of an EU exit hanging over us. As the polls got closer/brexit took the lead there were some falls, but in the weeks/days before the referendum things began to improve as the market gained more confidence.

The unexpected brexit vote hit the markets massively on day one due to the potential uncertainty, with a rebound earlier this week. Things are starting to stabilise, presumably as we are still in the EU and will be for at least a couple of years, the BoE has been making cash available to banks, and the Chancellor/Governor have been trying to calm things down.

I'm sure there will be a lot more turbulence in the coming months/years, but hopefully for everybody's benefit things start to settle.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:08 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

Oh dear oh dear. You just said pretty much the same as what I said. Don't know why I'm responding to someone who throws insults in opening line. But cool. Hope that made you feel better.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:16 pm

norms76 wrote:It's done, simple, what will happen if they do and this time it's the Remain that wins. Do the brexit lot start another petition and have a 3rd referendum. Where does it end?

The people have spoken, lets get on with it.

Exactly this, I voted Remain, it didn't happen, such is life, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:I firmly believe we should have remained. I also think it's a kick in the teeth to see so many of the Welsh vote to leave when we as a country have been given so much aid by the EU. They more or less funded the development of Cardiff, and with us voting out do you really think we're going to have a dime from Westminster? Are we f**k.

Also after working in finance for a number of years I can possibly see it effecting mine and a lot of other jobs in my sector. Investment in the UK will be pulled by major organisations, I even fear we'll see more bank runs in this country.

I've never liked the idea of being a part of the EU. But it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't know, and with Boris Johnson at the helm of this whole thing I can't believe it swayed a country to exit. You could argue that we always haven't been in the EU, but we didn't become the 5th biggest economy in the world without them. We needed them to do that. Just as the US have stated, they'd rather forge trade deals with bigger and better countries than the UK. We'll be at the back of the queue.

"let's put the Great back into Britain" - We're not great. Not one bit. The government is falling apart, and the lies have shown through. Well done Britain.

and that in your second and 3rd line of your post sums up the reason why only Cardiff in the whole of Wales voted to remain in .With very little tangible evidence on money spent on the rest of Wales except for a couple of by pass roads and handouts to the already poorly funded and restricted farming communities what else have they done .

JUst FYI - over £300 million invested in Ebbw Vale in the past few years. If you read the whole of this article from The Guardian you may find it quite enlightening, as it shows exactly how and where some part of the Eu money in Wales has been spent
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/25/view-wales-town-showered-eu-cash-votes-leave-ebbw-vale

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:51 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

exactly

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:52 pm

McNaughtyButNice wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

JUst FYI - over £300 million invested in Ebbw Vale in the past few years. If you read the whole of this article from The Guardian you may find it quite enlightening, as it shows exactly how and where some part of the Eu money in Wales has been spent
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/25/view-wales-town-showered-eu-cash-votes-leave-ebbw-vale

it's our money British taxpayers not eu money when are people going to realise that

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:00 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

You got a cheek calling people thick when you cannot even spell BECAUSE. :lol:

You pretend to come across as an intelligent kind of bloke but in fact, you're one thick c**t with the grammar of a 6 year old.

Thick as pig shit aye. :laughing5:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:15 pm

There won't be a second referendum, no government will ever go against the will of the people. It's important we get a Brexit PM or a remain PM who accepts the result. There is no coming back from this now, the people have spoken and risen up against the establishment.

Long live democracy and long live the people.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:54 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:There won't be a second referendum, no government will ever go against the will of the people. It's important we get a Brexit PM or a remain PM who accepts the result. There is no coming back from this now, the people have spoken and risen up against the establishment.

Long live democracy and long live the people.

all the people have done is swap one establishment for another. They will still look after their mates from Eton etc. the same as its always been.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Stan_B wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:Lie after lie after lie, and the suckers fell for it. Fact.

But the bigger lies were told by the remain brigade. Even the petition to have a second referendum has thousands of invalid signatures. Basically cheats and liars. Just accept that the people with common sense won the day and get on with life.

The petition we should have now is to implement Article 50. Once that happens there is no going back.

The petition for a second referendum was started BEFORE the referendum began as a joke by a supporter of the leave campaign, but got out of hand AFTER the referendum votes were counted

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:40 pm

There will never be any "BREXIT" There will be another referendum and it will be decisively Remain. People may well bleat over the thwarting of "democracy" but there are too many mega interests against it to allow it to happen.

As soon as a Hilary Clinton administration (thanks be to God) starts to work on Britain and the USA and Germany chivvy up the EU commission there will be a new deal and reconciliation on the table. Business leaders will lobby the Government with all sorts of threats to accept and there will be no wriggle room. By then, and we may be talking at least two years, a more centre right Europhile, Tory Government will urge the electorate to back the new deal. The right wingers will be marginalised.

There will be some sop to the anti immigration quarter in that the EU will agree a temporary restraint on free movement, but there will be an overwhelming united exhortation to accept the EU deal. Too much is at stake to do anything else. The casualties will be the Labour party and the little Englanders like Farage. The flip side is a massive outcry against running roughshod over the wishes of the electorate. A tough decision but EU participation will trump it.

Just watch the Government use every trick in the book, for example lowering the voting age to 16 for the new referendum to ensure they get the result they need.