Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHEN WILL WE SEE THE FIRST SIGNINGS AT CARDIFF CITY?

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:06 pm

WHEN WILL WE SEE THE FIRST SIGNINGS AT CARDIFF CITY?

Cardiff are not looking to be too over ambitious in the summer transfer window, believing they have a good squad already.

Things obviously depend on whether any players leave, with the club always accepting that every player has his price. Centre-half Bruno Manga and left-back Fabio might be potential candidates to leave the Welsh capital whilst goalkeeper David Marshall might see his now traditional links with the Premier League re-emerge.

If they do hold on Cardiff are in the hunt for a striker, of course, a pacy winger and possibly a midfielder. Within the club, the only information emerging so far is to expect a ‘couple of new faces’ next month. Lex Immers, of course, has already be signed after his impressive loan spell last term. As for new names, well, the club has distanced itself from just about every player they have been linked with in the media so far this summer, so expect a few surprises.

The transfer committee is seeking to secure targets and are in communication with Paul Trollope

WITH TROLLOPE AWAY, HOW ARE TRANSFER DEALINGS BEING DONE NOW?

The answer simply is by the use of modern technology.

Targets have already been identified, of course, and the Bluebirds’ transfer committee, which is made up of owner Vincent Tan, Chairman Dalman, chief executive Ken Choo and Trollope are in communication via mobile and email.

All four members must agree on the signing with Tan naturally finally giving the go ahead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WHEN WILL WE SEE THE FIRST SIGNINGS AT CARDIFF CITY?

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Blackburn seem to be the early pace setters with some signings

I dont see us as being big players in the transfer market

I hope im wrong but i think it will be a tough season ahead for us

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:43 pm

to be honest I don't think we've even considered anyone yet, Trollope is 100% focused on wales, and will probably start considering players after our euros

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:08 am

bluebird04 wrote:to be honest I don't think we've even considered anyone yet, Trollope is 100% focused on wales, and will probably start considering players after our euros

So why was he in Cardiff yesterday then? :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 am

When Trollope gets back off holiday in France ;)

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:00 pm

We do have a good squad and it is only right we make good use of it. Lex was important and he has already been brought on board. A couple of loans and a good wedge on a main striker will probably do it.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We do have a good squad and it is only right we make good use of it. Lex was important and he has already been brought on board. A couple of loans and a good wedge on a main striker will probably do it.

I agree, & its a case of Quality, rather than quantity. Remember Derby Co a couple of seasons ago, loads of pre season signings which didn't work.

I'm sure that Paul Trollope knows whats needed, & knows who he wants, within a tight budget.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 pm

I expect a signing just before first pre season game. :ayatollah: