" NEW CARDIFF CITY COACHING TEAM ANNOUNCED "

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:30 pm

image.jpeg

" NEW CARDIFF CITY COACHING TEAM "

Link to All Paul Trollopes Squad & Coaching Staff
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tuesday 28th June 2016

Cardiff City Football Club is pleased to announce that the new first-team coaching structure has now been finalised.

As such, we are delighted to welcome Lennie Lawrence back to Cardiff City as Assistant Coach to Paul Trollope. James Rowberry will share the Assistant Coach title having impressed in his role as First Team Coach at the club since October 2014.

Lennie was Cardiff City manager between 2002 and 2005, famously guiding us to the Division 2 (now League One) Play-Off Final victory over Queens Park Rangers in 2003. With his vast experience in the game, knowledge of the Club and having previously worked with Paul Trollope, it is felt that having Lennie back in the Welsh Capital will be of huge benefit to the coaching setup and playing staff.

Scott Young will henceforth take up the dual role of Academy Defence Coach and Club Ambassador. The Club would like to thank Scott for his role within the first-team coaching setup during the past eighteen months and is delighted that he will continue offering his experience to our younger players as part of the Club’s overarching structure.

In addition to the appointment of Lennie, Cardiff City FC is pleased to confirm the appointment of Dr Ryland Morgans as Performance Director.

Ryland will bring with him a wealth of experience from the Champions League and Europa League having previously worked for Liverpool FC. He also worked at Fulham FC in the Premier League, whilst has enjoyed a number of promotions with various EFL clubs. Ryland is currently Head of Performance for the senior Wales national side, having previously worked under Gary Speed and now Chris Coleman, alongside Cardiff City Head Coach, Paul Trollope.

Ryland gained his BA (Hons), MSc and PhD from Cardiff Metropolitan University in science and football and has also held the UEFA Pro Coaching Licence since 2010. Ryland will oversee all first-team performance, fitness and medical matters, working closely with Head of Fitness & Conditioning, Lee Southernwood and the Club’s experienced medical and fitness staff.

Furthermore, Martyn Margetson has agreed a new contract to stay at the football club whilst continuing his role as Goalkeeping Coach with the Welsh national side.

Speaking about the appointments of Ryland and Lennie, Executive Director & CEO Ken Choo said: "We are delighted to bring people with the experience Dr Ryland and Lennie have to the Club and hope that they can play an important role in helping us achieve our ambition of promotion back to the Premier League.

“We have put together a strong back-room coaching team this summer which we believe will help maximise the potential within our playing staff."

Head Coach Paul Trollope added: “I am delighted to finalise my back room staff ahead of the forthcoming season.

“We've worked very hard over the past month to secure their services and I feel it's a highly experienced, driven and ambitious staff with complementary expertise and attributes to move the club forward both on and off the pitch.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " NEW CARDIFF CITY COACHING TEAM "

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:39 pm

Welcome back Lennie Lawrence; creator of one of my best days as a City supporter (THAT day versus QPR at the Millennium Stadium) :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Also congratulations to James Rowberry; hopefully one for the future and highly rated both inside and outside the club! :thumb:

Appears Paul Trollope has got his desired men in place and with some smart player recruitment there should be no excuse not to be pushing towards the top of The Championship this coming season!

Bluebirds! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Welcome back Lennie indeed very happy with that coaching team perfect blend of youth and experience really looking forward to the season. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Yes Welcome Back Lennie Lawrence, a True and Honest Gent :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:12 pm

I'm happy we got a blend of youth and an old head in lennie I hope people give them a chance

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:27 pm

Great news this is imo. If the club really want to show their ambition of getting to the premier league then now we need to see 3-4 quality signings brought in ready for the new season.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:42 pm

brilliant appointment and now all we need is a good budget to at least show some intent from the club to not remain a championship team

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Dr Ryland Morgans was at Liverpool for the last 4 years and I think also works with the Wales National Team - he is a VERY good coach.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Welcome Back Mr Burns...

"Release the Hounds."
:bluescarf:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:27 pm

AJ1927 wrote:Welcome Back Mr Burns...

"Release the Hounds."
:bluescarf:

Excellent

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:02 am

This is an excellent setup. Old head, Young manager, up-and coming coach with strong technical and analysis skills.

Add to this a world-class performance director and we have a solid back room.

Lets not expect a ton of transfers, these guys are in the best place to build for the future and make the most of what we have got, and the youth. I'd expect to see some of our players really turn it up next season.

This news for me is better than a 5m signing.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:16 am

Lennie has bags of experience, looks like a good set up to me. Lets hope it works out and we get off to a flying start. :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:03 am

Seems like a positive reaction thus far.

I'd rather lennie in there for a bit of experience than slade and it was good days following city with lennie in charge! Welcome back!

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 am

Great coaching setup. Why didn't we do this 12 months ago, never mind onwards and upwards.