Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Farage

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Whatever the wrongs and rights of leaving the EU his performance today in Europe was outrageous and disgraceful. He literally told everyone to feck off, personally insulted them and then said we need to be mature and carve out a deal.

Digging Britain :digging2: deeper.

While I am no Tory or Cameron supporter I thought his performance in the House of Commons was extremely professional, calming and dignified. He obviously had a lot of advice on his approach. Farage on the other hand proved today, again, that he is not fit to represent Britain or British people in any way form or platform.

He is

Now we are heading out we need the best possible deal for Britain so Farage should be locked away until it's done. Every time he opens his mouth he is creating a worse negotiation position for Britain.

Re: Farage

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:14 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:Whatever the wrongs and rights of leaving the EU his performance today in Europe was outrageous and disgraceful. He literally told everyone to feck off, personally insulted them and then said we need to be mature and carve out a deal.

While I am no Tory or Cameron supporter I thought his performance in the House of Commons was extremely professional, calming and dignified. He obviously had a lot of advice on his approach. Farage on the other hand proved today, again, that he is not fit to represent Britain or British people in any way form or platform.

He is

Now we are heading out we need the best possible deal for Britain so Farage should be locked away until it's done. Every time he opens his mouth he is creating a worse negotiation position for Britain.

no he didn't did you watch his whole speech?

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:Whatever the wrongs and rights of leaving the EU his performance today in Europe was outrageous and disgraceful. He literally told everyone to feck off, personally insulted them and then said we need to be mature and carve out a deal.

He is

Thankfully he's irrelevant in any negotiations; not even an MP as failed miserably to win a seat and should do the honourable thing and resign as an MEP given his stance; however 17 years of expenses and salary in Brussels for him and his wife who also works there means I suspect we will see no end to his ride on the EU gravy train.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:44 pm

I thought he spoke a lot of truths.....did you see how many M.E.P's in that chamber.......a huge waste of money on the Euro gravy train :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:45 pm

He is

I'm no fan of his but I watched the speech and thought he gave as good as he got. You can't report this without referring to the way other MEP's behaved during his statement which was as equally bad as Mr. Farage.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He is

Thankfully he's irrelevant in any negotiations; not even an MP as failed miserably to win a seat and should do the honourable thing and resign as an MEP given his stance; however 17 years of expenses and salary in Brussels for him and his wife who also works there means I suspect we will see no end to his ride on the EU gravy train.

Irrelevant? He has, for the last 17 yrs, brought the issue of the EU to the voters and has seen it brought to a successful conclusion.
StT

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He is

Irrelevant? He has, for the last 17 yrs, brought the issue of the EU to the voters and has seen it brought to a successful conclusion.
StT

I said he is irrelevant in the negotiations mate, which he is as he is not a member of the government or even an MP. Even John Redwood that well known moderate distanced himself from Farage's views on live TV today...

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He is

StT

100% correct.

Yes he does go overboard sometimes but you cannot fault his passion for what he believes.

Do you really think that if Mr Farage had not campaigned for 17 years on OUR voice in the EU institution, that we would have had the option of the EU referendum by Mr Cameron?

You could argue that he has got us into this messy situation or you could argue that he has got us the chance to get our country back (Great Britain) - I prefer the second view. :P

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:17 pm

krabb wrote:I thought he spoke a lot of truths.....did you see how many M.E.P's in that chamber.......a huge waste of money on the Euro gravy train :ayatollah:

I thought the same, he told them straight. :thumbup:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

StT

Good performance from Farrage today, surprised that some think if we kiss Junkkers arse he'll give us a good deal. We are not Norway, we are the 5th largest economy in the World, we are Germany's 3rd biggest market, we are the EUs biggest single market, people really should learn the facts before slabbering random bollox.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Jock wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

StT

Good performance from Farrage today, surprised that some think if we kiss Junkkers arse he'll give us a good deal. We are not Norway, we are the 5th largest economy in the World, we are Germany's 3rd biggest market, we are the EUs biggest single market, people really should learn the facts before slabbering random bollox.

exactly it in eu interest more than ours to get a deal done,the eu will be shiting themselves that we get a deal with the USA and the rest of the world before them and take a March on the world
Last edited by wez1927 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:25 pm

krabb wrote:I thought he spoke a lot of truths.....did you see how many M.E.P's in that chamber.......a huge waste of money on the Euro gravy train :ayatollah:

These self serving parasites will do everything they can to make life difficult because they can see their gravy train heading off a cliff.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:43 pm

FTSE up over 2.5% today, and the pound starting to regain some of it's losses. Some bank shares up almost 7% today. I expected it to be months before things would start to stabalise, not a few days. Does'nt look like we are going to have an emergency budget, despite Osborne stating we would just before the referendum. This country is more than capable of standing on it's own feet and securing new trade deals in a global market rather than be tied up in a small club. Denmark, Sweden, Holland, Estonia, Poland and others are not exactly enthusiastic about the EU. I think whatever threats the EU make, more countries will push for their own referendums in the future.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Jock wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

StT

Spot on Jock :thumbup:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Jock wrote:

These self serving parasites will do everything they can to make life difficult because they can see their gravy train heading off a cliff.

Hear hear pal

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Like he always does.. speaks so well and tells it how it is then he messes his up and shows his true colours by being a right pr*ck.

His immaturity and not thinking before he speaks, he made a complete embarrassment of himself when he started the insults.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:18 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Like he always does.. speaks so well and tells it how it is then he messes his up and shows his true colours by being a right pr*ck.

His immaturity and not thinking before he speaks, he made a complete embarrassment of himself when he started the insults.

"he started" hmmmmmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlN9o3g-yuA

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:29 pm

he was letting off steam after being ridiculed and heckled for many years. he probably should have had more class, as the battle has been won. however, it was completely understandable. in any case, he has made much more controversial statements in that parliament - search on youtube. his calls for a pragmatic approach to EU - UK relations will probably not happen as it is almost certain that some nations will veto any access to the goods and services market.

for me, the comments from Guy Verhofstadt were comedy gold. he criticised the vote leave campaign for being 'negative' and likened their approach as being akin to 'nazi propaganda'. the irony was not lost on me.

the smug arrogance of the EU and the way blair and cameron bowed before them was truly embarrassing. i am so glad we voted out.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Big fan of his, always have been since the early days but he needs to shut the f**k up and know his place. His performance today in Brusells was pathetic and not needed, by all means do a speech but leave the gloating aside. This last few days his ego has exploded and it wouldn't surprise me if he threw his name into the hat to be Tory leader.

Every time he opens his mouth it does more harm than good. He should take the summer off and come back in September ready for new challenges.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:37 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:This last few days his ego has exploded and it wouldn't surprise me if he threw his name into the hat to be Tory leader.

He's not a Tory MP, in fact he's not an MP at all, how could he stand for the leadership. :roll:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:26 am

Imho he's the only one with any guts
Says it how it is
He was called a liar time after time compared to a natzi yesterday
And you moan becouse he stood up to them rather than QUIT like some

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:50 am

I watched the whole speech and thought it was excellent, about time someone told them some home truths.

My personal highlight was "most of you have never done a proper job in your lives" :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:54 am

Bluebird is absolutely right his timing was wrong.He let the emotion and his frustration get the better of him I am afraid

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:10 am

Farage and Junker are an irrelevant sideshow.Its like any job really,YOU get to chose the time when you hand your notice in even if your leaving is common knowledge.And when we do leave you can rest assured that Farage will be the last Brit alive to be invited to the negotiating table.This irrelevance will also apply to UKIP if the Tories re position themselves to the right of their current political standing.Farage reminds me of a Tory answer to Tony Ben but with only a tenth of his intellect.No-one in mainstream politics will touch him soon.Even now there are more than a few UKIP party members who think his time is done.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:15 am

He talks strait but there's no real need in lowering the tone and goading. If he thinks he was taunted when he mentioned brexit for the first time just rise above it unfortunately for politicians it's as much about their personal ego and pride as it is for the country.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:19 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Farage and Junker are an irrelevant sideshow.Its like any job really,YOU get to chose the time when you hand your notice in even if your leaving is common knowledge.And when we do leave you can rest assured that Farage will be the last Brit alive to be invited to the negotiating table.This irrelevance will also apply to UKIP if the Tories re position themselves to the right of their current political standing.Farage reminds me of a Tory answer to Tony Ben but with only a tenth of his intellect.No-one in mainstream politics will touch him soon.Even now there are more than a few UKIP party members who think his time is done.

True that. But his rhetoric will not help the negotiations even if he's not at that table.

I am not a UKIP supporter but if I was I would be embarrassed that such a classless hypocrite would speak for me in a parliament he doesn't agree with while he shifts his money into an offshore account while claiming to speak for 'little people'.

Again, even with my limited knowledge of European MEP's (who are democratically elected) I know that many are from the business world and besides in my own area of work I know many have championed the rights of children and children's rights from the social welfare reform systems. It's NOT all about economics.

Most people who resign from a job usually have another one lined up or at least have a plan in place. The Leavers gave little or no thought to what leaving would mean. Pragmatic, practical activities that can secure us a decent deal should have been developed before the referendum.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 am

T1JMO wrote:I watched the whole speech and thought it was excellent, about time someone told them some home truths.

My personal highlight was "most of you have never done a proper job in your lives" :lol:

Well even if he was right (and he's not by the way,, see my other post) there is a time to show some maturity and think about Britain and not your own ego. He will have plenty of time to gloat when we are out and we have negotiated a deal but now is the time for serious strategy development (which should have been done before the referendum) and serious conversations. Sadly it seems Farage is incapable of any of that.

Perhaps he should have gone on annual leave to count his offshore tax free savings, no doubt populated with his MEP salary, and thought about all you 'little people' that he is speaking for. :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:32 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Imho he's the only one with any guts
Says it how it is

Well we have quit the EU. The irony.

Slinging mud and personal insults is not 'standing up' to them, well unless you are a 13 year old in the school yard. Standing up to 'them' is t be mature, factual, challenging and eloquent - farage was anything but those.

In the 1980's he aligned himself to Nazi theology.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:37 am

Never mind who's bitching about who ,Just thank god we're out of the b*stard eu :wave: :wave: :wave:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:48 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:Imho he's the only one with any guts
Says it how it is

Well we have quit the EU. The irony.

Slinging mud and personal insults is not 'standing up' to them, well unless you are a 13 year old in the school yard. Standing up to 'them' is t be mature, factual, challenging and eloquent - farage was anything but those.

In the 1980's he aligned himself to Nazi theology.

We are not quitting we are leaving ,we will renegotiate with those that will negotiate with us

Cameron is the quitter,even though he LIED by telling us before the referendum that he was not a quitter